Disturbed by LPSG members' posts?

I would guess 99.9% of us here have some mental issue!lol (i mean were' on a site called LPSG!lol looking at an assortment of people doing what isnt "exceptable" in "public" I enjoy showing my dick to willing ladies.obviously you cannot be doin THAT in public (nor would i want to..)..lol For (str8) guys anyway most woman wont talk about huge dicks unless they have had sex with you or have been told about what you have hanging,So for a cheap thrill I can get my kink out and be a voyer for a few minutes. Compared to what ive seen here..im tame..lol

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Quote:
Originally Posted by earllogjam
Um. Who doesn't have psychological problems?
Living in the world nowadays you would have to be crazy not to have psycological problems

agreed Catch
i feed off all British & Global phsycos, thrive off em hah

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
"It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than to be absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe

on that note...

I'd rather run into the "personalities" online.... than in person...
I get to laugh at them here... :rofl:

HAHAHA ... notice I said "them" :tongue:

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
which posts are you disturbed by specifically? Maybe you have an issue not those who post.

Nia, I realize that this is a general observation on my part, but I have noticed many more negative remarks about women since I first was on lpsg. I think people feel more permission is speak out against what they dislike about others. It's just a general disregard for the feelings of others. Just my take on it.

Hand_Solo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually, the first time I've been disturbed by a post on here is the first one in this thread:

http://www.lpsg.org/278037-what-really-again.html

"I don't know how long it will be before I start killing girls out of revenge or something dark and daft like that :/ The not-funny thing is I am not joking. You know it gets bad, when you begin to hate girls more than like them"

Just what the world needs--more violence against women.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Actually, the first time I've been disturbed by a post on here is the first one in this thread:

"I don't know how long it will be before I start killing girls out of revenge or something dark and daft like that :/ The not-funny thing is I am not joking. You know it gets bad, when you begin to hate girls more than like them"

Yeah. I found that whole thread to be rather disturbing. I honestly think that he was simply Attention Whoring/Venting. At least I hope he was. He seemed better in the posts he made today. Still, that was some real psycho shit right there.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
The more I read the masses of posts, the more I feel like a lot of members here have psychological problems. Especially when you catch posts from years ago.

Now, I don't care, per se. I kind of think it's funny? But has anybody ever seriously been worried about a members behavior?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The first thing to consider is the number of people on this internet board. Also consider that this board is definitely world wide and there are no boundaries as to where people can see and participate.

As a person who has served on and still owns a few internet groups/boards and has done this since the invention of Windows 95, I have encountered an incredible number of individuals who obviously have some problems.

There are individuals who will come in and deliberately stir up trouble just for the fun of ruining the experiences that others have. Some love to attack people personally because in their minds it gives them power.

The "home" computer or "personal computer" is a doorway or window to the world and there are no psychiatric examinations required to own one or to use the internet.

If the viewing of people with "issues" bothers you, the way to deal with it is via education. On the internet the main things that show up are individuals under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time they are "on line", depression, self-esteem issues, and personality disorders. Of those, the most often seen are "Histrionic Personality Disorder" and "Borderline Personality Disorder".

There are many websites which explain these disorders very thoroughly and clearly. Look for sites where they give examples of behavior that individuals with these kinds of problems would engage in.

Moderators on this site do a pretty good job pushing a few buttons and removing individuals who are really "over the line" as soon as they find this kind of behavior and see it on multiple occasions.

When you manage a group or internet board it takes a great deal of time to learn how to run the whole thing to create an environment that encourages communication while at the same time filtering out those individuals who are there to simply make trouble.

The other thing is that there is zero anonymity on the Internet. The same techniques used to trace pedophiles can very easily trace seriously disturbed individuals. I know a person who does this type of work. Professionals who do this can have a true name, an address, and a location of the computer within one hour once they are on the trail of an individual.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
Nia, I realize that this is a general observation on my part, but I have noticed many more negative remarks about women since I first was on lpsg. I think people feel more permission is speak out against what they dislike about others. It's just a general disregard for the feelings of others. Just my take on it.

To this one, my first thought is "Ahh the ignorance of youth". It seems most of these remarks are made by the younger generation who seem to forget that these words reach thousands, and not just the one or two at whom they are aimed. IMO, the younger generation is loud and proud. Not necessarily a bad thing most of the time, but sometimes, especially on anonymous cyber boards, emotions run rampant and out of control. This is very contrary to my belief where cyber boards should not get emotional at all. If it aint' fun...move on...

I've seen a lot of negativity here as well... both from guys and girls. Am just wondering the reasons behind it, but I'll never know, so I chose to just bypass those negative threads... leave them to those who love to argue and fuss... that's not me.

Yeah. I found that whole thread to be rather disturbing. I honestly think that he was simply Attention Whoring/Venting. At least I hope he was. He seemed better in the posts he made today. Still, that was some real psycho shit right there.

Oh my~ this is very disturbing. Kidding or not, it's a serious statement. I see a therapist in this young man's future...

Again, referring to the 'loud and proud' group that just say whatever the hell's on their mind. Cyber boards tend to be a dumping ground for many... And is a real shame when things like this get dumped.

Can this be a real cry for help?? And if so... what are anonymous cyber peeps gonna be able to do?

Redwyvre

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have to admit I swing between being really glad and being really sad when people post or text really dark hostile messages. It's in writing and so it can be used as evidence and it makes them accountable. What I find sad and difficult to understand; like in the example thread, assuming it is real, how does this person hope to ever have a relationship with a female with such an attitude? Doesn't make sense.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The more I read the masses of posts, the more I feel like a lot of members here have psychological problems. Especially when you catch posts from years ago.

Now, I don't care, per se. I kind of think it's funny? But has anybody ever seriously been worried about a members behavior?
I learned in the early days of the Internet (well my early days on the Internet) that there are plenty of people who are likely mentally unstable. I decided I could hang on and enjoy all the sane and solid people or shut off the system and never give it another look.

Not worried for myself when I see people going over the edge or off the wall or even having a vicious attack on me or another. Simply make a quick report of it and then hope the person doesn't ever do that sort of thing in real life and real time, that they just use the Internet to vent.

The Cat: Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
Alice: How do you know I'm mad?
The Cat: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here.

Alice in Wonderland.

Thread could have ended here.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
never knew this thread existed, thanks Hoss

smiling
am wondering if it will make a usual supposed'disguised appeareance' type post
probably not now that i have posted first

thing is i would not go so far as to say folk are psychologically unbalenced i just wouldent know that per se/as THEY say
but i would say

folk just DONT know how to get on with there own life/own posts, why try and ridicule others for the stage of life they are at, for absolutely no reason at all, therein maybe lies a illness ..
.. going into a thread with the express purpose of ridiculing a fellow member

WHY!!!

who then has to choose if to defend openly or report
i choose the former then the devious says , 'grow a set of balls' 'too sensitive' schoolkid psychology
altho i will say, the other nasties for no reason continually hassled my posts, and they both got banned. several years ago
none of my doing re reporting them either!!!
go figure ..