Diversity Dating

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by cmk71, Oct 11, 2009.

1. cmk71

cmk71 Member

Ok.....I am trying to diversify my non existent dating life. But guys of different races just don't come up to me often enough. Maybe it's where I live (DC/VA/MD area).....I just don't get it. And I am so sure being a little shy doesn't help things either.

I use to think it was because I am tall, but being 5'10 just is'nt really viewed as very tall as it use to be, especially on the East coast.

Don't know but it's frustrating......

2. B_Mister Buildington

What race are you?

3. D_Maurice Mountlilly

D_Maurice Mountlilly Account Disabled

there's tons of interracial dating/relationships in the area you live in..
    i have two family members that live in those areas who are in interracial marraiges(with bi-racial kids) it might be your shyness that's slowing you down a bit. my female cousin is 5'11 and was shy as well about being approached/approaching men

4. cmk71

cmk71 Member

African American.

5. invisibleman

Gold Member

Use to think it was because I was tall but I am only 5'10...and that's just not that tall anymore, especially living on the east coast with all these tall women that I see! And I don't want to seem to aggressive with asking them out (some men, some men don't).
    What is it?--cmk71

You never know what the problem could be. It could be a lot of things. Why not ask them what could be the problem? You never know until you ask them.

6. D_76froy

D_76froy New Member

If that avatar is really you I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem dating you. I love tall women my self - that shouldn't be a problem. Try being a little more approachable or forward with guys and see what happens.

-Ranger

7. D_Peter Stubigg

D_Peter Stubigg Account Disabled

Tall is intimidating to folks and a lot of people tend not to date outside their sphere, and black women are particularly intimidating to non-black guys. So you're doomed! No, no, you just need to find places where interracial dating isn't just the norm, but it's cool. Go to indie art shows in the city, find your local Bohemians... And be aggressive, it's a turn on to those kind of guys (At least over here on the West Coast it is, I'm sure DC is the same way, though).

But I'd recommend avoiding at all costs dating the culture when it comes to guys from misogynist cultural backgrounds. I'm not saying you shouldn't date Arab guys, for instance, just make sure they're Arab guys who are willing to admit that Saudi Arab is fucked up in its treatment of women. Unless you're into that kind of thing.

8. Rowan Ravenseed

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Have you considered diversifying not just your racial relationships but also your sexuality?

9. BASEER009

BASEER009 New Member

i am arabic man i like tall wamen

10. Principessa

Gold Member

Sounds like good advice.:cool:

11. matticus201

matticus201 Member

Albums:
    I think some of the others said it best, maybe try being a bit more outgoing and aggressive about meeting people. To me, there's nothing better than a friendly person who just strikes up a conversation. You can usually tell pretty quickly if that person is or isn't interested in talking to you, and if they aren't, a friendly "Have a good night" is in order, then you're off to the next person to chat them up a bit. I really think being outgoing is one of the keys. The other is mutual interest. If you like salsa dancing, go to salsa clubs. If you like wine, go to wine tastings. By doing this, you're bound to meet someone nice, and you already know you've got something in common. =)

Draft saved Draft deleted