Diversity of Penis Size

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Runco, you are an idealist I see which is what we should all aspire to be, however most of us haven't attained this view yet...unfortunately.
Plain and simply...as you said yourself, you enjoy looking at and having sex with men with bigger than average penises. Men want to be desired and if having an average or bigger than average penis will help, then they measure to see if they are bigger than this "average", which is pretty vague to begin with and helps to creates to all the confusion and the never ending saga.
And just like women dress up and wear make-up primarily to impress other women as they "compete for femininity" primarily subconsciously of course, men like to compare their penises to other men looking for masculine affirmation. Obviously none of this matters in the grand scheme of things, especially in the modern world we live in...but these primal insticts remain.
I really dont feel this is that hard of a concept to grasp and for the record, I've measured my penis dozens of times knowing it wont change.:confused:

Actually, there is nothing vague about the size of the average penis. It is well documented that the length of the average erect human penis is between 5.08 inches and 5.9 inches (according to measurements taken at three separate studies) The typical girth is approximately 4.85 in when fully erecthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erection. The average penis size is slightly larger than the median size (or, put another way, most penises are below average in size). The confusion comes in when men measure themselves because they tend to overstate their measurements for a variety of reasons. But rest assured, these are the averages and a guy who measures above this can confidently say his penis is bigger than average. I have looked at psidom's gallery and he appears to be well above average, hence my inability to understand exactly what the problem is. Remember - at least 85% of women would be thrilled with what he has to offer.

I wouldn't describe myself as an idealist. What I am is a realist. I see what goes on around me in relation to, for example, cosmetic surgery (which some women of my age might be thinking about having around now). The reality from my point of view is it is going to take more than some oversized and perky tits to improve the quality of my life. This is why I will never buy into the bullshit that we are all being peddled. It isn't about idealism but keeping things in perspective. I know my body isn't perfect but I really don't care! And then there is the whole penis thing. What are guys going to do? Tattoo their penis sizes on their foreheads to help women make up their minds who to choose? And then what? I just wish people would stop kidding themselves or allowing themselves to be kidded about what having a bigger dick/bigger boobs or whatever is going to do for them. From where I am sitting knowing this info is not going to make a lick of difference to any of your lives. Seriously.

kc2007

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Runco,
You are an advanced woman and I totally respect that and I agree with just about everything you say, I was just trying to help you understand why MANY people still do care about these things and why many feel changing/improving them will help them in their lives. While you may not care how your body looks and strive for truth and what's within individuals hearts and minds, many people are shallow and determine one's value or worth based on external characteristics, at least at first impressions...and on a site like this, that would be penis/tit/ass/whatever body part's size and appearance.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually, there is nothing vague about the size of the average penis. It is well documented that the length of the average erect human penis is between 5.08 inches and 5.9 inches (according to measurements taken at three separate studies)
That's a big contradiction! You say there is nothing vague about the size of the average penis, but then state it is between 5.08 and 5.9 inches. That's like saying the average man is between 5'5" and 6'3" tall. While true, it's very vague. I suspect we'll have threads about what the average truly is for a long time to come.

I liked the original question and don't care about the reason it was asked. I am looking forward to more responses.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I once had a woman remark to me that she was amazed at how much variation there is in penis size among men. When younger, she thought all penises were pretty much the same, but she learned that was far from true.

[QUOTE] Is this a common belief among inexerienced women? It seems like sex ed classes may understate the difference and variablility.[ /QUOTE]
I can't speak for all; but I will say that was true for me during my teen years. My high school gave us sex ed twice. Once at the begining of 9th grade and once during senior year. I guess they figured we needed a refresher course before sending us off to college. :tongue:

I do not recall any discussion of penis size or variation of penis size during these classes. Though to be fair they didn't mention variations in breast or vagina size either.

Were you surprised when you encountered a very large penis or a very small one?
Yes, I was surprised when I saw my first very large penis. He did not warn me and it was maybe the 5th or 6th one that I had seen.

I was somewhat surprised by my first small penis. I knew he was smaller than I was used to because he told me, I just didn't realize how small, small was until I saw him. :frown1:

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
That's a big contradiction! You say there is nothing vague about the size of the average penis, but then state it is between 5.08 and 5.9 inches. That's like saying the average man is between 5'5" and 6'3" tall. While true, it's very vague. I suspect we'll have threads about what the average truly is for a long time to come.

I liked the original question and don't care about the reason it was asked. I am looking forward to more responses.

It's not a contradiction because you are never going to get an exact number when it comes to penis size! Besides, if a guy falls within or is bigger than the top end of this spectrum, what does it matter??? It is not vague. What it is is a pointless storm in a teacup. Sorry to mix metaphors.

B_capslock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually, there is nothing vague about the size of the average penis. It is well documented that the length of the average erect human penis is between 5.08 inches and 5.9 inches (according to measurements taken at three separate studies) The typical girth is approximately 4.85 in when fully erecthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erection. The average penis size is slightly larger than the median size (or, put another way, most penises are below average in size). The confusion comes in when men measure themselves because they tend to overstate their measurements for a variety of reasons. But rest assured, these are the averages and a guy who measures above this can confidently say his penis is bigger than average. I have looked at psidom's gallery and he appears to be well above average, hence my inability to understand exactly what the problem is. Remember - at least 85% of women would be thrilled with what he has to offer.

I wouldn't describe myself as an idealist. What I am is a realist. I see what goes on around me in relation to, for example, cosmetic surgery (which some women of my age might be thinking about having around now). The reality from my point of view is it is going to take more than some oversized and perky tits to improve the quality of my life. This is why I will never buy into the bullshit that we are all being peddled. It isn't about idealism but keeping things in perspective. I know my body isn't perfect but I really don't care! And then there is the whole penis thing. What are guys going to do? Tattoo their penis sizes on their foreheads to help women make up their minds who to choose? And then what? I just wish people would stop kidding themselves or allowing themselves to be kidded about what having a bigger dick/bigger boobs or whatever is going to do for them. From where I am sitting knowing this info is not going to make a lick of difference to any of your lives. Seriously.

So what you are saying is that size doesn't matter until it matters, right? :biggrin1:

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So what you are saying is that size doesn't matter until it matters, right? :biggrin1:

No. What I am saying is size doesn't matter as much as many men think it does. When 85% of women are saying they are happy with an average penis (whatever 'THE' size is) I am not sure what all the drama is about. I am even less sure when a guy is bigger than the top end of the known average spectrum.

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well, 5.1" to 5.9" means the average all put together though. Just like 5'5" to 6'3" is the average too, let say if you are 5'4" or smaller you are one of the few... or rare to see one in the male population.

But, I think the true meaning of that means that Most! of all male population falls into the 5'5" to 6'3" category.. Lets say 95% and the same thing with the male's penis from 4-7" = 95% of the population. Smaller than 4 or bigger than 7" starts to get rarer..