Sexuality
No Response
Here is something to remember
You can't just wait until the child can decide for himself
Once you're full grown, getting circumcised is a big deal
I've had some friends who were circumcised as adults, and teenagers
It was rough.

On the other hand, there are other procedures that can alleviate the problem
but aren't as drastic as adult circumcision. The brother of a friend of mine had this, and was very happy with the result.

I was cirucmcised as a baby, but not in the usual way I guess. I still have a lot of skin, you might not know I was circumcised when it is soft. And it's uneven. It's still pretty much there on the left underside. So there is a lot of variation, and a lot that can be done, especially for an adult

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So the fact remains, why routinely perform that particular surgery, if there is no medical necessity? And if the parents disagree, whose opinion should take precedence? The one who wants something irreversible done, or the one who wants nothing done at this moment?

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
DC_DEEP said:
So the fact remains, why routinely perform that particular surgery, if there is no medical necessity?
DC_DEEP said:
My best guy friend (haemophiliac) was adopted, and nearly died from bleeding though circumcision. When he found his birth mother and family, he found that several cousins had died, and others had nearly died, from bleeding caused by circumcision. Oddly enough it didn't stop the parents (whose sons had died from bleeding) from circumcising the next born boy baby.

I never cease to be amazed at human stupidity! :confused:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hypolimnas said:
I never cease to be amazed at human stupidity! :confused:
Well, duh, hypo... isn't that in the job description for 99.44% of the human population?:tongue:

As for the hemophiliac situation... the agency that handled the adoption should have gathered as much medical history as possible on the child, and passed that info along to the adoptive parents. They may have done so, I don't really know. Again, another case-in-point against routinely chopping off parts of a baby's body, "just because."

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
MattBrick said:
Here is something to remember
You can't just wait until the child can decide for himself
Once you're full grown, getting circumcised is a big deal
I've had some friends who were circumcised as adults, and teenagers
It was rough.

On the other hand, there are other procedures that can alleviate the problem
but aren't as drastic as adult circumcision. The brother of a friend of mine had this, and was very happy with the result.

I was cirucmcised as a baby, but not in the usual way I guess. I still have a lot of skin, you might not know I was circumcised when it is soft. And it's uneven. It's still pretty much there on the left underside. So there is a lot of variation, and a lot that can be done, especially for an adult

Why would they get cut as adults? There's way too much cutting here in the US, phimosis can often be cured by a dorsal slit in the foreskin, but American docs don't view it as a valid treatment.

You were lucky, I was not. How do we prevent doctors from taking it all away? We can't, therefore circ needs to be banned and doctors need to be trained to respect the foreskin and not fear it.

Sly Adey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
chico8 said:
Hmmm, it sounds like the temple, family of sect of Judaism that he joined into was pretty hard core as moderate jewish sects do not require circumcision of converts. Orthodox jews are pretty hardcore though and require total frenulum ablation.

Also, there's been a big to do and rightly so in New York about orthodox mohels who actually suck on that boy's penis after circumcision to remove the blood. It has caused the death of at least one boy and has brain damaged a couple of others because the mohel was infected with Hepatitis B. In any other situation this would be considered child sexual abuse but the New York Dept. of Health has decided that with certain limitations, it's ok to continue the practice. This ritualized sucking of the penis is sick and just shows how religious extremists are given free reign when it comes to child abuse. One more reason why circumcision should be banned.

Anti Semite, racist claptrap. You forgot to mention that they eat babies and have an international conspiracy going on.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sly Adey said:
Anti Semite, racist claptrap. You forgot to mention that they eat babies and have an international conspiracy going on.

Oh, really?! I didn't realize that they ate babies, could you back that up with some factual evidence? And what's this int'l conspiracy that you speak of?

The point of my post is that religion is used as an excuse for a lot of reprehensible human actions. What's even worse is religion being used to justify a lot of abhorrent acts performed on children.

I really find the idea of a mohel sucking the blood of the penis of a boy whom he's just circumcised to be absolutely sickening. If you find that to be an anti-jewish position, then I simply don't know what to say.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
DC_DEEP said:
Well, duh, hypo... isn't that in the job description for 99.44% of the human population?:tongue:
DC_DEEP said:
Yes Dr Deep, but really, I try not to expect too much, and still I am frequently amazed. Not sure why I am still pathologically hopeful. Probably because it is easier, and more pleasant. I am inspired that there are lots of others who have managed to make this world a beautiful, and better place, inspite of the efforts of the insane majority.

In fact, I just thought of a Charlie Brown cartoon that I read as a kid. Charlie wants to be a doctor, Lucy says, "no you can't because you hate people". Charlie says, "it's people I can't stand, but humanity that I love." Or something like that, (sorry about the sentence structure, and inaccurate account of the original).

PS: I love the dudes here who are informed, cynical/hopeful, and sweet. All a bit refreshing at times.:wink: In case you haven't noticed, I live in hope that someone appreciates my attempt to use the Oxford comma in my posts. I'll show those guys who think I'm nothing more than big dick ...

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sly Adey said:
Sorry, but it's absolutely true that Hasidim in New York have been insisting on maintaining the rite of metzitzah b'peh (sucking by mouth) in spite of its serious health risks. If it were anti-Semitic fiction, where would it get a Hebrew name? Here's a link to an article in a Jewish magazine about it. But I think this issue is a distraction from the dangers, risks and human rights issue of circumcision itself.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sly Adey said:
Looks like I owe Chico8 an apology.

"Chico8, I apologise."

:smile:

Apology accepted. I should have put a link in to the story, thanks to Dr Rock and SNozzle for posting the links.

stretcher74

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Allah may not have my foreskin. That false moon dog-god and Mohammed get enough cock from Satan and his demons in Hell already.

The Jewish judge should recuse himself in my opinon. Despite what has been said here, it's not anti-semitic to criticise specific practices of the followers of any the Abrahamic cults. If it is, well then they can go fuck themselves.

That said, I don't see the outrage at the rabbi ritualistically sucking blood away from a wound on a penis or elsewhere(assuming he is not diseased himself) durring circumcision. I'm going to go with freud here and assume that not everything is about sex. Presumably this is ritualistic, not sexualized.

robertomuro

Just Browsing
Media
Hmm, here are some names of the experts and judge quoted from a later newspaper report, anyone notice anything fishy in all the names?

Cook County Judge Jordan Kaplan will issue a ruling in August.

The boy's pediatrician, Dr. Arnold Goldstein, as well as Dr. William Kaplan, head of urology at Children's Memorial Hospital, both recommend circumcision to prevent the painful redness, swelling and cracking his mother says he has endured four times since 2004.

slayer04

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hmm...it seems that people are getting way too heated over this whole circumcision thing...having foreskin or not has absolutely no effect on the childs future health barring a very very rare deadly occurence...maybe they should play eenie meenie or roll dice or pick out of a hat...think of it this way...the choice creates diversity.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Saying someone does not KNOW different is not the same as saying there IS no difference. It's a common fallacy that there is absolutely no dfference between cut and intact.

Someone has probably been fussing with his penis ever since he was born.

Circ is certain to have a bad psychological effect on an eight year old. I know two guys who were cut when they were six and neither has ever gotten over it:

http://www.norm-uk.org/circumcision_psychological_effects.html

slayer04

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well yea if I had part of my dick chopped off when I was 8 I'd would be traumatized too...if you know what being intact feels like then of course you're gonna think it's different but if you never know what it is like then you aren't missing anything...at least that's how i feel.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
slayer04 said:
if you never know what it is like then you aren't missing anything...at least that's how i feel.

That is the opposite of what I said....Saying someone does not KNOW different is not the same as saying there IS no difference.