Dixie Carter takes her finally bow. Dead at 70.

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How very sad. Those are three of my favorite clips of Designing Woman too. I remember her when she was just starting in the biz, she was Olivia Brandi Henderson on The Edge of Night. She was one of a kind; RIP Dixie!

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I loved her work...always saw her as sharp, strong but also a perfect example of feminine charm and sex appeal and glamour that even the harsh feministas respected. Sad she passed at only 70.:frown1:

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I loved her work...always saw her as sharp, strong but also a perfect example of feminine charm and sex appeal and glamour that even the harsh feministas respected. Sad she passed at only 70.:frown1:

very well said....i heard this morning :frown1: I met her and Holbrook at a perenial Derby party/fund raiser in my hometown on several occasions, she was elegant yet unassuming...my thoughts go out to their family. R.I.P.

Reddhead

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I remember the first time I saw Dixie Carter in the short lived show "Fiilthy Rich" and I knew then that she would go on to bigger and better things.
The 80's sitcoms had several strong, opinionated and classy characters, and Dixie's Julia Sugarbaker was one of best.
A classically beautiful woman, style, grace, a wonderful actress and an amazing singer.
So far this year, the world has lost several great actors/actresses.
But, none could sing as sweetly as the angels she has joined.
And none could probably stand up to God and tell him just exactly where & how badly he messed up and leave him speechless. :smile: