DIY Haircut

yurkon

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
it's amazing how different you look. If i ever go on the lamb, I'll have to give that a shot. Need a haircut myself, but I wouldn't look good with it that short. My head isn't symetrical. Someone must have dropped me on my head.

B_Demention

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, thanks guys, didn't really expect any compliments at all. I couldn't resist going all the way with the buzzer. Next time I think I'll keep it on #2, but it's been a fun experiment. And for people who say I look different, the only change is that I'm about 15lbs lighter in this bald pic than I am in my previous ones (been dieting the past few months).

By the way, is it drafty in here or is it just me? It's funny how you never know your apartment needs extra insulation until you shave your hair off.

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ive been cutting my own hair since iw as about 13,, there is absolutely NO WAY to fuck it up if you have the attachments on, the only way to fuck it up is accident knock it off,, which i have done, and shaved a bald spot in the back of my head still thinkgin it was on, haha

arrivaderciroma

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's only 11 bucks at the mall. You always get a new cutter. It's 15 minutes of social life...4 buck tip. Who cares how it looks? Hehe

Mandee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My little brother is against going and having his hair done professionally, so my mother has been cutting it since he was a baby. She uses the # 2 setting as well and it looks great.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I buzz mine too, been doing it since 1995. Your current style looks like the flat top. I went from parted in middle, even side part and business look to flat top and eventually the buzz with varying lengths, to now, where I don't even use the clip on attachments to delineate length anymore. Clippers paid for themselves after the 3rd cutting. Anyway, from the avatar, the head shape you have looks like a natural for the buzz cut. Even your squarer and pronounced jaw line is natural for the buzz cut.

At first others might think you've lost your marbles, but the maintenance on the buzz is minimal and you're going to love that. My buzz cut when one rubs against the grain of the hair is still relatively soft and even softer when rubbed with the flow of my natural hair. Most women that rub my head are surprised it's as soft as it is. It depends on your hair type, but I have to re-buzz every couple of weeks at best and once a week when I really want to keep everything high and tight. Anyway, it's 10-15 minutes total time to cut it it and you'll want to make a couple passes to ensure you got all of it. hand held mirror looking into another mirror and you'll see you got it all or what needs another swipe/pass over with the clippers.

Shampoo, you won't need that, but can still use it just the same. I usually soap my head and rinse. The economics of a buzz are awesome. Shaving, that would be more effort than I'd want to do. Be prepared to wear a hat even more so though, sun burn is not fun. But you won't ever blow dry, need mousse or anything else. Throw that brush and comb out. Shower, towel it dry and you're dressed and out the door. And on a hot day, It's like rinsing off your skin and you can be dry in the time it takes to pat your head with the towel. believe it or not, some women prefer the buzz.

After buzzing my hair, I was instantly referred to as a Jim Cantore look-alike (the guy that covers hurricanes on the weather channel). For the record I beat him to the hair style so it wasn't like I was copying him.

http://image50.webshots.com/50/9/9/60/450390960hbjSWP_fs.jpg

BTW, buzzing without attachments, don't worry about hair around your ears, just fold your ear over and get all of it leveled off.