Do 10 pushups every hour!

RamblingCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm in the middle of a massive weight-loss/fitness regimen that was going terrifically.

I also care for my elderly father, who has Parkinson's. Unfortunately he started to take a tumble two months back and in (successfully) trying to keep him from hitting the floor I have torn or damaged my right arm above the bicep. Torn ligament or something. Was obviously worth it - not letting Dad get hurt - but I was up to 100 pushups a day. Slowly rebuilding the shoulder. :mad:

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I'm in the middle of a massive weight-loss/fitness regimen that was going terrifically.

I also care for my elderly father, who has Parkinson's. Unfortunately he started to take a tumble two months back and in (successfully) trying to keep him from hitting the floor I have torn or damaged my right arm above the bicep. Torn ligament or something. Was obviously worth it - not letting Dad get hurt - but I was up to 100 pushups a day. Slowly rebuilding the shoulder. :mad:
I sprained my rotator cuff playing with the kids in the pool 3 yrs ago. Still struggle with push ups.

Hope your dad is having good days.

tnecvolfan2001

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Im
It works amazing. It is quick. There is no excuse not to. If you cant do 10 full, do 10 on your knees, I guarantee in a week 10 full ones will be no problem.

I did this then upped to 20/hr and so on. Every time I went to the bathroom at work I would throw paper towels under my hands and do them real quick haha. Might be a bit weird, but it works.

Do 10 with me now!
great idea -I try and sneak down to the office building for some quick workouts every day -I'm gonna include this most def

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Good idea, might even throw in a wall sit

Based on what I've read, wall sits put excessive stress on the knees. I know lots of people do them, including sports teams, but I question their long term safety.

I think you're better off doing squats, even without any weights.

Reactions: muslbud7 and nailz

W Barkwood

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sounds like an awesome idea. A new one I want to try to is explosive push-ups with Dumbbells landing with a wider stance. Do that for three reps out and then three reps back to start. I bet, if you watch your form, it'll be an amazing exercise!

inspectordickins

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I get it comes from your best intentions but I think you should be better off doing maybe 5 sets of 10 push-ups with 45 seconds rest, it will help you gain strength and slightly build some muscle tissue.
It is also easier to remember doing it once than 16 times a day.

cozmo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm currently doing a minimum of 100 pushups a day, 25-30 at a time. Next week I'll add 100 sit-ups a day and the following week I'll add 100 Hindu squats. This routine, which I've used before, in addition to some dumbell work and pull ups has given me an amazing physique in the past and I'm happy to be returning to it. I, too, do pushups at work on my breaks!

I'm currently doing a minimum of 100 pushups a day, 25-30 at a time. Next week I'll add 100 sit-ups a day and the following week I'll add 100 Hindu squats. This routine, which I've used before, in addition to some dumbell work and pull ups has given me an amazing physique in the past and I'm happy to be returning to it. I, too, do pushups at work on my breaks!

So that's why my phone calls are put on hold? :)

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
It works amazing. It is quick. There is no excuse not to. If you cant do 10 full, do 10 on your knees, I guarantee in a week 10 full ones will be no problem.

I did this then upped to 20/hr and so on. Every time I went to the bathroom at work I would throw paper towels under my hands and do them real quick haha. Might be a bit weird, but it works.

Do 10 with me now!

I'm not doing pushups on a bathroom floor under basically any circumstances!

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sounds like an awesome idea. A new one I want to try to is explosive push-ups with Dumbbells landing with a wider stance. Do that for three reps out and then three reps back to start. I bet, if you watch your form, it'll be an amazing exercise!

I get it. But. You're coming down on the dumbbells, which probably puts a lot of 'explosive' pressure on your hands and wrists, and what happens if a dumbbell rolls slightly? Then your wrist gets torqued and the whole system is exposed to catastrophic failure.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Okay it's time to add abdominal crunches. At 3 sec per crunch I can do 100 crunches in 300 seconds. That's five minutes. Get on the floor now! :cool:

Reactions: Betty_Cocker

inspectordickins

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm aware. My question for more pointed at those who perform a regular and thorough chest workout as part of their weightlifting regimen. Will this cause overtraining or perhaps fatigue on chest days? Should it be skipped on chest days? Has anyone found that it actually helped chest development or facilitated and increase in the amount of weight you can lift during subsequent chest workouts or potentially lessen your ability to lift?
It really shouldn't, push-ups are not an intense exercise and doing 10 every hour is very little.

I start at 30, decrease by one each time, and do them down to 1, just as and when, but not usually leaving a whole hour in between. You need to aim to be doing them as close together as you can. For a brief amount of time I was able to start at 50, but then I injured my wrist, and anyway, there just aren't enough hours in the day for that if you want to have a life as well.

Decreasing by one each time is a better way to do it because it gets easier the more sets you do, and you can just do them slower so you can feel it.

@Betty_Cocker Wrist injury: try using press-up handles. I had to try a few before I found the right ones, but just wasn't able to do press-ups without them. I've recommended it to others with a wrist injury and it's helped. Wrist injuries seem to be fairly common in combat sports. Obviously you can't clap your hands together or do various other fancy press-ups, but it's so much better than nothing. Carrying on regardless with an injury is not to be recommended of course, but I find that this works for me and prevents me from re-injuring myself. I guess it depends on the injury and the range of movement.

Before anyone says it: No. I don't do 'lady press-ups', mine are technically spot on to the point where most men find it humiliating.

Reactions: Betty_Cocker