Do accents get you laid?

canberracurio

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
G'day,

24m Aussie here. Travelling overseas for the first time in a couple of months and I was wondering whether having an accent in another country makes you attractive? I'm travelling through the US and UK.

Does anybody have any experience where their accent has gotten them some action?

I know when we have English or American tourists come through our town girls and guys are all over them.

Tristessa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm originally from the US but have lived in Europe the past 7 years or so . . and nice accents still catch my interest. So yes, while your accent will not get you laid all by itself, it will definitely help.

I've had Aussie friends in both the US and UK, who said they regularly had people approach them (who might not otherwise) when they overhead them talking. And even though I normally speak with a continental Europe accent on my English, if I pull out the Southern (US) drawl, the reaction is almost funny.

griplock22

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well ive got a scottish accent, and its not helped so far.
although i havent tried to get laid outside fo scotland, so spose it doesnt count
yea, i think it all just depends on what accent and where you are.

chiefone4u

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
An Aussie accent will deffenitly improve your chances of getting laid here in the States... At least here in California... I know several guys/gals who almost instantly submit to the Aussie accent.

Best of luck in your travels... may the sex gods smile upon you :wink:

Tristessa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
although i havent tried to get laid outside fo scotland, so spose it doesnt count

Scottish accents definitely work outside Scotland/UK :smile:

I love the accent in Edinburgh/West Lothian, and parts of the highlands. Partner is from Orkney, though, and I'm not sure that accent would help you much :tongue: . . luckily for me, he sounds BBC Scotland.

It's a silly thing to get attracted over, but it does happen, frequently.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
American girls quite often literally fling themselves at guys with accents. "Like OMG...he's foreign!" It's sad really, but hey, best of luck to you! If you go to any major college town you shouldn't really need it.

adam1177

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I will tell you this...if a man OR woman had a British accent and were even mildly attractive, my pants would be off ;)

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
i spent several weeks in eastern europe, did not help...actually hurt...being american in that part of the world was not good...in the tours some folks hissed and made comments...i learnned quickly to not mention GEORGE BUSH...

lorne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
a bunch of my friends and I in collage had a girl from another department convinced I was a german exchange student. It worked quite well, even if the german accent melted into a russian once and a while heheh. She had a thing for former USSR culture I guess.

Moez???

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I keep hearing about accents to people living in the US.

What about US accent in europe? I heard that in the UK, the girls dig american accents. Also, i heard they had statistically the biggest breasts of all the western countries that involved themselves in the survey. That would make the UK a very happy place for me.

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
We moved around a lot when I was a kid. So I naturally try to disappear by shading my accent to where ever I am. (Since I live in Virginia, I have a mild Southern accent, usually.) Maybe I should quit doing that.

CuteGuyLondon

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I will tell you this...if a man OR woman had a British accent and were even mildly attractive, my pants would be off ;)

Yep, UK accents in the States definitely puts you at an advantage.. not that I would play on that ;-)

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Mmm, scottish accent! Definately a plus. I'm originally welsh, and a south wales accent will trigger something primeaval in me. But I've lived in London so long I just sound "posh", which is not a turn-on to me.