Do accents get you laid?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no discernible accent. :cool: I do a pretty good French accent which comes in handy in large cities such as New York; where it garners me great service.

canberracurio

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow, what a response....seems accents have strange effects on people. By the way I am travelling through the US in December and then working in Scotland for a while in Jan/Feb! I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm from a country town in Australia, and whenever we had backpackers from the UK (usually English or Scottish) they were a total hit with the locals, there was just something about it.

I'm also a redhead - a redhead with an Aussie accent - the possibilities are endless! haha.

Mikayla

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Accents are a turn on for me. Am curious about accents and voices of a few guys here on the site :rolleyes: Might be hard to beat the one I already did hear though..... :biggrin1:

ballsaplenty2156

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was just in Ireland a few weeks ago, and I was definitely turned on by the accents. After a few weeks you could actually hear the differences in the accents from some counties. It was like hearing a southern or Midwestern accent here in New York.
I love a Spanish accent as well as Scandinavian.

lowteg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
man I am from Australia too but I don't have a full on Aussie accent =(

a lot of people say I have an American accent hahah I say works like TANK, BANK ect ect like Americans hahah and Ive lived in Australia my whole life!!!!

let us know ho wu go mate!!!

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Australians have been Americanized quite a bit, its very obvious. I don't use American words so my accent is pure. But by some standards its dirty :tongue:

Yoghurt is a word that I remember Americans liked me saying. I say y-o-gut. Americans say y-oh-g-ur-t.

And last night I was on COD4 and this guy I think was American was talking but his accent was so thick or he was just mumbling I couldn't tell what he was saying. All I could make out was 'Call of doody'

laxhammer

Just Browsing
Media
As an Aussie who went to college in the US I can tell you first hand that the Aussie accent will do wonders for you in the US. Especially in college!

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
My Southern Accent will do it every time.

There is NO region of the US without an accent. A "No descernible" accent is still an accent in areas where that is not heard.
So no matter what, good sir, you have an accent. You may have a bland and uninteresting way of talking but it is still an accent.

There are accents that are very much a turn-off. The New York (Brooklyn), New Jersey Northeast (Maine),and Maryland accents are a turn off for me. (Boston can be nice). They are so harsh to my ears. Michigan and other Northern midwest accents aggravate me as to all the flat, nasal vowels. I have cousins that grew up in Ohio etc who are good people but the way they talk, ugh.

One thing that bothers be about many American accents is the deletion of the "w" sound, especially at the end of words, i.e., the name "Shaw" and words that rhyme with it. It is not "Shah" no more than you "thah" something frozen. The "w" is a vowel in this instance made by closing the lips. "Shah-oo" and "Thah-oo".

British accents get me as do latin ones. French is pretty sexy also. Irish is hot too. Asian accents generally don't do it for me. THey always sound aggravated, well except Japanese ladies. Indian accents can be nice but not really sexy. Arabian accents can be very sexy. German is not really very sexy either. Italian is very. New York Italian is too harsh. Scottish accents, especially female, is lovely.

My opinion, nothing else.

griplock22

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
oh yea and for me, accents themselves dont really turn me on. its more what the person is saying.
although really strong southern US accents, and most asian accents, and accents from asian subcontinent would most likely be a turn off for me.
although again depends on what they are saying lol

uncutblond34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There are accents that are very much a turn-off. The New York (Brooklyn)

LOL... I agree... my brother in law is a Yankee from Brooklyn.... he's like Fred Flintstone with a marginally better car..... I told sister she needs to find herself a hunky southern boy and send the Yankee packin...:madfawk:

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Yankees... just THAT one.....LOL !

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
oh yea and for me, accents themselves dont really turn me on. its more what the person is saying.
although really strong southern US accents, and most asian accents, and accents from asian subcontinent would most likely be a turn off for me.
although again depends on what they are saying lol

So basically... whatever accent they have, as long as they are whispering sweet nothings in your ear or screaming 'Griplock! Oh Griplock! fuck me harder' you'll be just fine? :biggrin1: