Do accents get you laid?

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The same words spoken in two different accents can have wildly different effects.

No offence meant to anyone here, but imagine someone saying "I love you" in a coarse Belfast accent and then someone else repeating it in Parisian French. If they looked exactly the same, which would turn you on more?

That's the difference an accent makes.

Captain Elephant

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hell yes, it works. My grandfather was from Dublin, and when I was little I developed a very good imitation of him. He thought it was cute and encouraged me to talk like that, much to my mother's chagrin. I didn't keep the accent, but I can turn it on at will. Even today I still use a lot of his old sayings in his voice.

Quite a few years back we did a festival in Austin and after our first night one of the guys asked me to talk like that if we meet some ladies after the gig. Sure enough I did and the women started flocking around me. That was a good night.

So we started testing out Dud's theory of accent engagement, and on that trip I spoke just like Granddad and scored big time. To me I thought it was hilarious because I could only hear me sounding like this old Irishman, but the Southern women loved it.

But reading Viking's post I wonder how much better it would have been if Gramps was from France.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh yes...accents do get you laid! :) I've been on both sides of this one... Aussie/English/Irish accents are ..sigh...a weakness for me...

HOWEVER, I've found southern accents work GREAT as well... Works great in conjunction with the "cornfed" look :)

lokican

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Oh yeah, we had this kiwi i worked with and he was constantly getting laid. It's the exotic appeal i guess, makes me want to travel so i'm the one with the accent. I wonder if Canadian accents will get me laid, I'm sure "eh" turns everyone on.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes...if the accent comes with a bottle of tequila, fresh breath and a killer smile.
Floridians have no accent because nobody is born there. They just migrate there from someplace else. Now if you were to speak with a southern accent or Puerto Rican accent I would probably melt.

hottcjimmyv

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh yes...accents do get you laid! :) I've been on both sides of this one... Aussie/English/Irish accents are ..sigh...a weakness for me...

HOWEVER, I've found southern accents work GREAT as well... Works great in conjunction with the "cornfed" look :)

My Tennessee accent has gone over great since i've been in school in the north east

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
When I speak French or Italian, sometimes I get a female audience who just want to hear me talk!
I've noticed that my English accent works better away from big cities where it isn't so special.
As for getting action, it helps but you still need to make the right moves.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm afraid of turning into a total whore if I go overseas to either Scotland or the UK because foreign accents turn me on something fierce lol. Rough scottish accents do something to me that I cannot describe and I can never work out WHY that is so other than maybe in a past life I was either a Scottish bloke or I was married to one and its carried on into this life lol.