Do all the men in your family share the same circumcision status: cut vs uncut?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by colin20, Jun 3, 2007.

1. colin20

colin20 New Member

Do all the men in you family share the same circumcison status? That is are you all either cut or all uncut? Or is there a mixture of cut and uncut?

If you're all uncut, was it ever talked about why there was a family tradition of keeping the men intact? Or if there was a mixture, was the difference ever explained?

My brother and father are both circumcised, well as the few male cousins and one paternal uncle I have seen. Reportedly my paternal grandfather is uncircumcised (a physician) and my maternal grandfather was circumcised during WWII. My mother mentioned circumcision once growing up when we were watching some sort of National Geographic show on Africa. My stepbrother was under the impression that one needed to be circumcised in order to pee and couldn't understand how they could wait until puberty to circumcise in some African cultures. My mother explained and then mentioned that our grandfather was uncircumcised.

2. catman

Gold Member

All the men in my familly are uncircumcised, my father asked I not circumcise my sons... a familly tradition.

Jisboredandgay likes this.
  3. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I have two older brothers. The first one was snipped, since "everyone did it" and Mom didn't know the difference. When she saw what was done, and had to take care of it until it healed, she refused to let the doctor circumcise her next two sons. Smart woman.

4. B_Swimming Lad

B_Swimming Lad New Member

I think we are all uncircumcised. But not positive about my uncles. My Dad, Grandfather's and brother definately are uncircumcised.

5. hotman911

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    yup we all are

6. NIMBUS

Gold Member

Albums:
    I know that my grandfathers were uncut (as am I, no brothers). As for uncles and male cousins, I don't know because, as the result of a family argument between my three uncles and my father (the youngest brother) and grandfather, we haven't had anything to do with them for years. I used to think that my father was circumcised (certainly as a kid I remember seeing him when we were peeing, with an uncovered glans - but, of course, as I now realise, some guys pull back their foreskins when peeing) but it's been many years since I last saw his penis, so I'm really not sure. It's not the sort of subject that we'd have a conversation about. I do sometimes wonder - I would have thought that if he was uncut and pulled back his foreskin when peeing then he would have taught me, as a kid, to do the same, which makes me suspect that my original suspicions might be correct and that he might be circumcised.

7. arktrucker

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm the youngest of 10, 7 brothers and I'm the only one to have fallen under the knife. So much for wanting to look the same as your brothers. I'm begining to think that the torment of my older sister telling me I was adopted is true! lol

8. hrconsulttex

hrconsulttex New Member

I have no brothers. I'm (unfortunately) circumcised, as is Dad. My maternal grandfather was uncut most of his life, but was cut in his late 60s/early 70s. I'm not sure exactly why. I have only one or two memories of urinating with my fraternal grandfather when I was very young, but from those I think he was cut, but can't be totally sure. He was born in 1899 and died when I was nine, so I don't have a lot of memories of him to know for sure. I have seen several male cousins naked when we were young at my aunt's house (they had a pool and had the whole family over every summer for a reunion/swimming party) and they were all cut.

9. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

I once saw my dad's equipment when I was younger and it was uncut I think. Other than that, I am uncut. If I were to ever have children. I don't think I would circumsize them.

10. Onslow

Gold Member

In a word--No.

One brother was snippelated the rest of us were not. Of course years later I nearly lopped off everything in a car wreck--bad eyesight (my eyes were closed) caused me to instead get the leg lopped off (it's a mistake anyone could make). One son is, one is not. They are products of seperate marriages and the one wife never cared for me so she took it out on our son.

11. danerain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow, it's aweful that your ex took it out on your son. . . .

12. B_josiah852

B_josiah852 New Member

3 brothers, dad and his brother, all are uncut.

13. Onslow

Gold Member

It was perhaps worse for our son. This was done a full year after we were fully divorced and she had sole custody--I lost even visitation because of my being a queer. At the time my son was 3 years old--he looked me up and found me when he reached legal age (mercifully I was listed on his birth certificate), apparently she even told him I was the reason she had him circumcised. I have not seen her or heard from her since the divorce (thank God for some blessings:smile: ). Jimmy on the other hand, grew up a fine young man and has been extemely kind towards me.

pepinogrande likes this.
  14. ganja4me

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm not cut, my older brother is, and my dad and uncle are not. As far as I know my brother is the only one who has been circumsized but I don't know about my other uncles or cousins either.

15. STYLYUNG

STYLYUNG New Member

The first three boys were left uncut. The next two, twins, were cut. I was second of the five boys and I had mine cut at age thirty-four because I always wanted to be cut.

16. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

Dad is uncut, but my brothers and I are all cut. Same with my cousins-uncle uncut, cousins, cut.

17. amhersthungboi

Albums:
    All the males on both sides of my family are cut. I'm not sure if it is a deliberate tradition as seems to be the case with some others on here ... but yes, cut boys all around.

18. Latinoboy9

Latinoboy9 New Member

Albums:
    Myself and my two younger brothers and my Dad are all uncut and he showed and explained to us at a young age the uncut penis techniques on cleaning ect...Uncles and cousins also uncut on both side of family...Jose'Latinoboy9:cool:

19. Mr._dB

Mr._dB New Member

No. I was the only one left intact. Father, brother, uncles, cousins, all cut.

20. D_Aston Asstonne

D_Aston Asstonne Account Disabled

all in my family are cut.my uncle was the ONLY ONE who,was uncut.he contacted a serious infection at age 40 and had to get circumcised.from what i was informed by the doc,the uncircumcised cock is a magnet for infection...GLAD IM CUT!

Draft saved Draft deleted