Do all the men in your family share the same circumcision status: cut vs uncut?

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have two older brothers. The first one was snipped, since "everyone did it" and Mom didn't know the difference. When she saw what was done, and had to take care of it until it healed, she refused to let the doctor circumcise her next two sons. Smart woman.

I whole-heartedly agree DC. I found this thread really surprising in the responses, I would have expected most family members to continue the same practices through generations- but here some did differently even in the same generation.
Really surprising, but I learn something new here all the time!!

Grit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My Dad is cut. I have some cousins and they are cut too. So I will report that the majority of males in my family are cut. There is only 2 that I don't know and I believe they are cut

Reactions: Mcuthigh

danerain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It was perhaps worse for our son. This was done a full year after we were fully divorced and she had sole custody--I lost even visitation because of my being a queer. At the time my son was 3 years old--he looked me up and found me when he reached legal age (mercifully I was listed on his birth certificate), apparently she even told him I was the reason she had him circumcised. I have not seen her or heard from her since the divorce (thank God for some blessings:smile: ). Jimmy on the other hand, grew up a fine young man and has been extemely kind towards me.

Wow, just when I thought I had read it all. Geeez, that woman was twisted.

Smudgeruk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My father was circumcised when he joined the fire brigade. He has a really large head on his and the physcian surgeon did it for him. We were all checked out when we started to develop. One of my brothers and I were then semicut at 14. My other brothers had no problems and were left intact. I think this is a very sensible approach to the whole Idea. the troublle is with full circumcision as a baby is that it doesn't take into account the size it might become. This can lead to overtightness or curvature.

yggdrasil

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
All those whom I have seen are cut: myself, my father, and my younger brothers. My grandpa on my mom's side was also, but I don't know about any of my other male relatives on that side. There tends to be a general pattern, however.

Myself, I would break with tradition with my own son(s) unless there was a condition such as a very tight phimosis. The reason for this is that I simply do not see any rational purpose for it, other than to prevent excessive restriction on the glans. It seems to be excused on the basis that the sons should have a penis that looks like their father's, and I think more fundamentally people in America think it is dirty to talk frankly, as it were, about the male organ, especially to children. Though of course this has changed quite a bit, that is only more reason why there isn't a rational justification for circumcision.

I would leave any male progeny of mine intact, educate myself on the proper cleaning and teach them so. If future studies hold up the indication that this may put them at higher risk for various STD infections, if this info comes forth before such a decision I might reconsider, but otherwise I will just be more proactive and adamant about educating them to use condoms as soon as I suspect they might be about to engage in any kind of sexual penetration, also knowing this probably will be much earlier than I first did because I most likely won't be raising them in a cultural environment as puritanical as I was.

Reactions: k_fed

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
My father was circumcised when he joined the fire brigade. He has a really large head on his and the physcian surgeon did it for him.

Sorry to be nosy but was there any significance between him having to be circumcised and joining the fire brigade? It's not like it's an occupational requirement for firemen to be circumcised. Was it just something that came up at the medical, that he'd been having been having problems with for years, and decided (with advice) to resolve at that time?

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I'm cut, my father (according to his autopsy report--he did when I was 9 months old) was cut, my maternal uncle is cut, as is my cousin on that side of the family. My maternal grandfather is uncut. I don't know about anyone on my father's side of the family, but I would assume my cousins on that side are cut.

I'm cut loosely, so there is a little bit of skin that bunches up right behind the head and there is enough that it moves, unlike tight cuts.

Reactions: ChuChiPapi

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
father is uncut, younger brother is cut very tight. I am cut very very loose..almost like being uncut. was cut at around 2 because of too much foreskin..if there can be such a thing. Dr only clipped the excess overhang I guess. an uncle once told me I resembled an anteater. funny..not sure why my brother is cut completely. but do wish I had all that "anteater" skin back!

Smudgeruk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yes sorry that wasn't very clear was it. No he asked the physician for advice and the physician circumcised him. He was about 18 I think and obviously had a problem

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
not a circumcised one in the crowd. None of my greatgrandfathers or their brothers, grandfathers or their brothers, my father or his brothers, my mother's brothers, nor any of my cousins, brothers-in-laws, nor nephews etc. I do have a couple of friends who are circumcised. I have seen a few cut guys at the gym. Most of the guys I have seen are intact.

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
My father has a long foreskin and I have a short one. The only male cousin I have seen naked is circumcised, I don't know why.

D_Biff Wellington

Experimental Member
Media
All of us - I think - are uncut, except for my middle brother (I'm oldest of 3 boys). Turns out the doctor chopped him before my parents could give their opinion. It was a pretty big suprise when I found out last year because we all had our own bedrooms growing up and we never did any of that incestuous shit that I sometimes read on LPSG .