Do all the men in your family share the same circumcision status: cut vs uncut?

Uncutpete

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
How old is your father? Antibiotics were being developed in the 1920s. Even then the antibiotics were strong enough to clear a foreskin infection.

His infection happened in around 1921. He has passed on, by the way. Antibiotics really did not come into common use until after WWII. The next generation just kept ourselves clean and were trouble free.

dong-in-khakis

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
three of us, all cut at birth and I hate it. I hate it because when I was about 10 I saw Dad's and have wanted a foreskin ever since, he was the epitome of a stud.

Uncut is natural and beautiful, the way a man is supposed to look. Just like a full bush.

Last edited:

My dad and older brother are cut. I was premature so mom and dad didn't have me cut. It wasn't til I was married and at age 26, that I had a circ done.

Lester123

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There is no RIC in my family, being English.

However my father was cut when he was five for medical reasons, I was cut at 20 for medical reasons. I have 3 sons and the Middle one was cut aged about 5 for medical reasons. To date, my brother and four male cousins are uncut as was my paternal grandfather.

Mr Fixit

Legendary Member
Media
N/W Australia - on the fringe of the Indian Ocean
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Circumcision was endemic in my immediate and extended family until the mid-70's or thereabouts. I think every male relative since then has been left intact. It bothered me a bit as a child. I thought all the cut boys/guys were the norm and that my own dick - with its shrivelled little foreskin - was deformed. I didn't cotton on to the reality until a sex-ed class when I was about eleven or twelve.

I'm told that a small but powerful anti-circumcision movement emerged in Australia in the 70's and there has been a steadily declining circumcision rate ever since. Also, doctors in Australia are increasingly reluctant to perform the procedure and parents who wish to "modify' an infant son are obliged to shop around.

matelalique

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There is no RIC in my family, being English.

However my father was cut when he was five for medical reasons, I was cut at 20 for medical reasons. I have 3 sons and the Middle one was cut aged about 5 for medical reasons. To date, my brother and four male cousins are uncut as was my paternal grandfather.

I find your response fascinating, but lacking in some information - like what was the medical reason? At 5 it is unlikely that phimosis would be an issue (most little guys start playing more vigorously as they approach puberty, and separation and stretching will occur naturally) - at 20 it would make sense. I knew a couple of Brazilian bros (where circumcision is non-existent), who were both circumcised as teens.

As an anti-circ, my position is that RIC is wrong, adults have a choice about how they want their dick to look, and can maybe even choose their own look. But I acknowledge that there are medical situations where it makes sense.

This post suggests that there are people who are genetically pre-desposed to foreskins that won't retract (and any guy who has a foreskin that really doesn't roll back after lots of trying would probably have a lot more pleasure without his foreskin as I think a lot are saying). If your entire family has incurable phimosis then circumcision is probably a good idea. For the 99% of families for whom this is not the case, I don't think they should be circumcising - for those that should eventually be circumcised, maybe birth+7 (and how horrible) maybe the best place to do it.

If your entire family has phimosis - is it better to be done at birth or when you get your first girlfriend/boyfriend?

Trott.lint

Cherished Member
Media
All cut. I hate it. Who in their right mind would sanction the genital mutilation of a small child? I guess my parents knew no better but I think this will eventually come to be seen for what it is in the Western world - genital mutilation.

Having said that my partner can't stand uncut. All her previous boyfriends were uncut & she said it turned her off. She's straight up, so I don't doubt she's not just saying that to make me feel better. For her, it's all down to the 'aesthetics' of the cut penis. To hell with aesthetics - I'd give anything to have that piece of skin back.

Reactions: DildoShwaggins

uncutnine

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm American and all the men on my mother's side are uncut. Grandfather, uncles, cousins. All the men on my dad's side are cut, tight cut. They're an old Annapolis Navy family. I've always had more in common with the men on my mother's side.
Did you talk with you dad about restoring

uncutnine

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
All the men in my familly are uncircumcised, my father asked I not circumcise my sons... a familly tradition.
What an awesome tradition , and what an amazing father you have to make sure you and your brothers remain intact . Uncut bond , did he show you how to clean your cock ? My dad did with us .would love to hear more

Goldenboyy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Morgantown (West Virginia, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Do all the men in you family share the same circumcison status? That is are you all either cut or all uncut? Or is there a mixture of cut and uncut?

If you're all uncut, was it ever talked about why there was a family tradition of keeping the men intact? Or if there was a mixture, was the difference ever explained?

My brother and father are both circumcised, well as the few male cousins and one paternal uncle I have seen. Reportedly my paternal grandfather is uncircumcised (a physician) and my maternal grandfather was circumcised during WWII. My mother mentioned circumcision once growing up when we were watching some sort of National Geographic show on Africa. My stepbrother was under the impression that one needed to be circumcised in order to pee and couldn't understand how they could wait until puberty to circumcise in some African cultures. My mother explained and then mentioned that our grandfather was uncircumcised.

My Father and brothers are all uncut just like me. As far as I know our whole extended family is as well. I think it was just a decision based on not cutting it off because of pain. Or maybe they just knew how amazing it was to keep it there!

Notaes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am cut and have two sons both are cut. If I had it to do over I would not cut my sons. I would leave it up to them. I did not realize how much it took from a kid to cut there penis. I think being cut looks bettet but at a high cost!

Reactions: Slum Bwoy

dude77007

Legendary Member
Media
It's a shame that fathers don't let their sons decide. With that said, it would be a father's responsibility to instruct his son 1) how to keep his uncut penis clean 2) make son comfortable enough to tell him if an infection occurs and 3) how to work with his foreskin to insure that as his penis grows that his foreskin can easily be retracted. It seems that all this is left to the Mother. Dad has a penis and he should be the one to go to in this matter. Dad not teaching is son how to masturbate for goodness sake. By the time a uncut son discovers masturbation everything should be in working order. This will never happen. Too much secrecy and shame about human genitalia. I can't believe that some circumcised dicks don't have any frenulum at all and there is absolutely no loose skin on the shaft to jerk with. A proper circumcision can leave the frenulum. I can't imagine not having my "sweet spot" which kinda makes everything happen. But guess if I didn't have one,I would never know what I was missing. Circ guys,..... that "two finger" motion on my sweet spot is absolute bliss.

Reactions: uncutnine

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
In urban areas of Texas, circumcision for whites is the norm, according to a contact of mine who lives there. The same goes for other parts of the south, I am told. A specific comment on TX is that in some small towns and ranch areas, circumcision never really took hold.
I don't know about other cities in Texas, but I was in Houston for a while. I saw lots of foreskin in the locker room. Race did not matter. There was not as much as Miami but quite a bit. True, the more "country" or "cowboy" they were the more apt to be uncut.

Reactions: Goldenboyy