Do any condoms taste good?

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey you girls and guys out there that like to suck cocks -- are there any condoms that taste good?

And if not, how do you have safer oral sex? (Ewwwwww -- not Saran Wrap!)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most of the flavored ones make my mouth tingle...must be the spermicide. :mad: Plain condoms are like sucking on a baggie. Dental Dams are basically like cling wrap, only much less sexy. :redface:
Hey you girls and guys out there that like to suck cocks -- are there any condoms that taste good?

And if not, how do you have safer oral sex? (Ewwwwww -- not Saran Wrap!) [/quote] :redface: I have no idea. Please let me know when you find out though. :frown1: For now (e.g. the last 15 years I have given up on casual sex) It's just not worth the risk.

wingnut84

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
There's honestly no point whatsoever if you're going to use "protection" during oral sex. If you're that afraid of cooties then don't even bother.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's honestly no point whatsoever if you're going to use "protection" during oral sex. If you're that afraid of cooties then don't even bother.
Noone past the age of 10 is afraid of cooties. :tongue: It's the transmission of HIV, herpes, etc. that makes sane adults use condoms for oral sex. :cool:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Well said NJ!

Some flavoured condoms are OK - I've mentioned somewhere here before that Mint is a good flavour for the wearer - Durex mint flavoured anyway - kinda tingley. The problem is they run out of flavour long before either party wouls get bored of the blow-job (is it possible to get bored of a blow job?, I never have :biggrin: ). I guess you just have to get used to it.

musclebutt2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Let's put it this way, condoms and oral sex might be helpful two minutes before intercourse in keeping him hard, but really ineffective as a form of foreplay. The risk for HIV transmission from sucking cock is minimal... miniscule actually, because the saliva filled environment in your mouth is hostile to foreign invaders. The HIV virus itself is fragile outside of the bloodstream. If you have a cut in your mouth, gingivitis that causes gums to bleed, have just brushed your teeth, or a herpes mouth sore, DON'T HAVE ORAL SEX. Look at the cock before you put your mouth on it. If it has funny spots, lessions, cankers, sores, discoloration, warts, bumps, tears, cuts, discharge, smells, or anything else that catches your eye, ask the owner what it is, but ultimately, follow your gut instinct; if it looks funny to you, DON'T PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH! It is your pjerogative to say "No."

It is much more common to catch gonorrhea or chlamydia from oral sex than any other STD, but that's just a fact of life. There is a chance of syphilis as well but not as high as the former. Note that all of these are curable with syphilis being the most painful and inconvenient cure. Of course there are warts, herpes, and possibly hepatitis but the first two will be usually very obvious with a visual inspection and the latter is, again, a crap shoot. Get your Hepatitis shots people, it's common sense.

Now, you have to find out what your comfort level is concerning STD's and the chances of catching them when doing any type of sexual act. Even condoms are not 100% effective against anything. Oral sex to me is sacred and I almost never use a condom; however, I understand that I am at risk of gonorrhea and chlamydia. I am not as worried of catching HIV through oral transmission because it is almost unheard of. I swallow, but to be honest, I don't play with cum from Poz partners. How do I know any of my partners are being truthfull about their HIV status? I don't, but if anyone is taking medication for anything, you WILL be able to taste it in the cum as extreme bitterness and/or a medicinal flavor. I usually immediately spit it out, and gargle with Listerine. Again, I am not you, I don't know how sensitive your tastebuds are, it is your comfort level to risk and danger that must be assessed in this situation.

I prefer having sex with a light on. I enjoy looking at my partner and it makes inspecting genitals for symptoms easier. I can always turn the light off after the inspection. I always ask my partners about their sexual history and the date of their last STD tests before having sex; again, people lie... a lot. But being honest and communicative usually inspires the same from your partner; which leads to how you pick your partners. Follow your instincts, don't sleep with asshole pricks, and ask yourself this: how well do you really know the person you are going to sleep with? How much time have you spent with the person and can you really trust anything they've told you? And ultimately, can you live with yourself the morning after with the decisions you have made? Your sexual safety is a personal issue and there will always be risk involved; it is your choice and pjerogative to balance fun with responsibility. Don't be scared of oral sex without a condom but find out what works for you.

I regularly get tested for HIV every six months and all the other STD's every 3-4 months. I am very sexually active but not promiscuous; I prefer to play with a handful of longterm fuckbuddies. I have sucked many a cock and 97% of the time without a condom. I have contracted and been cured of oral gonorrhea and chlamydia a total of four times combined over a span of 14 years. Those are the odds I play with and I am comfortable with that. I am HIV negative.

Just for perspective, 80% of American women have HPV but many don't know it. The majority of heterosexual men are unaware of this. Please tell your partner if you have HPV and allow him to decide to continue on with intercourse or not. As a carrier, he will pass on HPV to other unsuspecting women. My peer group is in their mid 20's to mid 30's and an alarming number of my young female friends are diagnosed with complications related to cervical cancer (most likely related to HPV).

Sex is fun and healthy, keep a balanced head on your shoulders, logoff LPSG and do some research, & don't let the Puritans scare you into abstinence.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks everyone -- I'll check out the mint flavor... and while I'm at it, I'll restock the lifesavers...

Does anyone know if alcohol weakens the condom? (Dipping in alcohol to add flavor) (I know it's weird but I sometimes like to dunk dicks in things and I've never done it with a condom... might be worse than hospital food)

And thanks especially for your response, Musclebutt2. I get regular HIV testing, mostly just friends, and always with the the lights on... but I've always had the brakes on because I'm so nervous about STDs. My steady bf wants to expand more (we're into trisex)(two guys, one gal), but yikes! I wanna be around a while! (More sex in the long run) (pun intended)

I'm running straight to the doctor for a check up for other things. Double yikes!!

Thanks again, everyone.

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've always wondered what the risk it the other way round - guy going down on girl. There is no practical barrier that way round - anyone know the risks?

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Thanks everyone -- I'll check out the mint flavor... and while I'm at it, I'll restock the lifesavers...

Does anyone know if alcohol weakens the condom? (Dipping in alcohol to add flavor) (I know it's weird but I sometimes like to dunk dicks in things and I've never done it with a condom... might be worse than hospital food)

And thanks especially for your response, Musclebutt2. I get regular HIV testing, mostly just friends, and always with the the lights on... but I've always had the brakes on because I'm so nervous about STDs. My steady bf wants to expand more (we're into trisex)(two guys, one gal), but yikes! I wanna be around a while! (More sex in the long run) (pun intended)

I'm running straight to the doctor for a check up for other things. Double yikes!!

Thanks again, everyone.
I don't think dipping it in alcohol is a smart thing to do. I bought flavored lube... banana flavored, but I've never used it. I'll get back to you on how it works, how long it lasts and such.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have never found a condom that actually tasted good. They're always like chewing on a baloon. Even the flavored ones lose their flavor fast and taste like latex (because that's what they are).

I don't ever use condoms anymore for oral sex unless the other guy insists and he's hot enough. I like to swallow. I don't spit. I'm 37 and I've swallowed for well over a decade and I'm HIV negative. Also, I'm selective in who I suck. I've also never had an STD from oral sex.

Find your own comfort level and take educated risks, if you take risks at all.

lvlgdck

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Let's put it this way, condoms and oral sex might be helpful two minutes before intercourse in keeping him hard, but really ineffective as a form of foreplay. The risk for HIV transmission from sucking cock is minimal... miniscule actually, because the saliva filled environment in your mouth is hostile to foreign invaders. The HIV virus itself is fragile outside of the bloodstream. If you have a cut in your mouth, gingivitis that causes gums to bleed, have just brushed your teeth, or a herpes mouth sore, DON'T HAVE ORAL SEX. Look at the cock before you put your mouth on it. If it has funny spots, lessions, cankers, sores, discoloration, warts, bumps, tears, cuts, discharge, smells, or anything else that catches your eye, ask the owner what it is, but ultimately, follow your gut instinct; if it looks funny to you, DON'T PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH! It is your pjerogative to say "No."

It is much more common to catch gonorrhea or chlamydia from oral sex than any other STD, but that's just a fact of life. There is a chance of syphilis as well but not as high as the former. Note that all of these are curable with syphilis being the most painful and inconvenient cure. Of course there are warts, herpes, and possibly hepatitis but the first two will be usually very obvious with a visual inspection and the latter is, again, a crap shoot. Get your Hepatitis shots people, it's common sense.

Now, you have to find out what your comfort level is concerning STD's and the chances of catching them when doing any type of sexual act. Even condoms are not 100% effective against anything. Oral sex to me is sacred and I almost never use a condom; however, I understand that I am at risk of gonorrhea and chlamydia. I am not as worried of catching HIV through oral transmission because it is almost unheard of. I swallow, but to be honest, I don't play with cum from Poz partners. How do I know any of my partners are being truthfull about their HIV status? I don't, but if anyone is taking medication for anything, you WILL be able to taste it in the cum as extreme bitterness and/or a medicinal flavor. I usually immediately spit it out, and gargle with Listerine. Again, I am not you, I don't know how sensitive your tastebuds are, it is your comfort level to risk and danger that must be assessed in this situation.

I prefer having sex with a light on. I enjoy looking at my partner and it makes inspecting genitals for symptoms easier. I can always turn the light off after the inspection. I always ask my partners about their sexual history and the date of their last STD tests before having sex; again, people lie... a lot. But being honest and communicative usually inspires the same from your partner; which leads to how you pick your partners. Follow your instincts, don't sleep with asshole pricks, and ask yourself this: how well do you really know the person you are going to sleep with? How much time have you spent with the person and can you really trust anything they've told you? And ultimately, can you live with yourself the morning after with the decisions you have made? Your sexual safety is a personal issue and there will always be risk involved; it is your choice and pjerogative to balance fun with responsibility. Don't be scared of oral sex without a condom but find out what works for you.

I regularly get tested for HIV every six months and all the other STD's every 3-4 months. I am very sexually active but not promiscuous; I prefer to play with a handful of longterm fuckbuddies. I have sucked many a cock and 97% of the time without a condom. I have contracted and been cured of oral gonorrhea and chlamydia a total of four times combined over a span of 14 years. Those are the odds I play with and I am comfortable with that. I am HIV negative.

Just for perspective, 80% of American women have HPV but many don't know it. The majority of heterosexual men are unaware of this. Please tell your partner if you have HPV and allow him to decide to continue on with intercourse or not. As a carrier, he will pass on HPV to other unsuspecting women. My peer group is in their mid 20's to mid 30's and an alarming number of my young female friends are diagnosed with complications related to cervical cancer (most likely related to HPV).

Sex is fun and healthy, keep a balanced head on your shoulders, logoff LPSG and do some research, & don't let the Puritans scare you into abstinence.

wow! very educational. i think i'm with nq on this...casual sex is out for me. it's just tooooooo risky!

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have never found a condom that actually tasted good. They're always like chewing on a baloon. Even the flavored ones lose their flavor fast and taste like latex (because that's what they are).

I don't ever use condoms anymore for oral sex unless the other guy insists and he's hot enough. I like to swallow. I don't spit. I'm 37 and I've swallowed for well over a decade and I'm HIV negative. Also, I'm selective in who I suck. I've also never had an STD from oral sex.

Find your own comfort level and take educated risks, if you take risks at all.

You're very lucky that you haven't gotten anything, but luck can run out on the best of us. And the fact that you know you don't have HIV or haven't had an STD goes to show that you get tested regularly. You are aware that you're doing something that is not safe, otherwise you wouldn't be getting tested to reassure yourself that you're okay. I don't think the board you belong to would appreciate hearing this.
We all know that we need to use condoms for oral, vaginal, and anal sex unless we know this person's STD status and we are in a monogamous relationship.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're very lucky that you haven't gotten anything, but luck can run out on the best of us. And the fact that you know you don't have HIV or haven't had an STD goes to show that you get tested regularly. You are aware that you're doing something that is not safe, otherwise you wouldn't be getting tested to reassure yourself that you're okay. I don't think the board you belong to would appreciate hearing this. Is that meant to be a threat? :mad::confused:
We all know that we need to use condoms for oral, vaginal, and anal sex unless we know this person's STD status and we are in a monogamous relationship.

Oh dear God! Why are you still beating the same dead horse in every thread you enter? :confused::mad:

I just heard today about condoms that taste like tobacco. Not a very pleasant taste I wouldn't think!!
No, but I guess those who smoke or use chewing tobacco would love it.

Actually I saw a show on the Food Network... they were cooking Magnums with a olive oil and garlic sauce with a side of Basmati rice with Vedallia onions. YUM!

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Muscle's comments here are indeed informative, if a little void of romance...

"I usually immediately spit it out, and gargle with Listerine."

Hm. Yeah.....I'm sure that makes your partner feel just speshul. :biggrin1::tongue:

But honestly, after this message I'm like, why would I do something that's supposedly "fun & healthy" that carries such risks? And that you have to be prepared for at the MEDICAL level by getting shots? And dental dams? And condoms?

Sex & orgasms ARE fun, but I'm becoming more of an advocate for masturbation all the time.
:tongue:

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The risk for HIV transmission from sucking cock is minimal... miniscule actually, because the saliva filled environment in your mouth is hostile to foreign invaders. The HIV virus itself is fragile outside of the bloodstream. If you have a cut in your mouth, gingivitis that causes gums to bleed, have just brushed your teeth, or a herpes mouth sore, DON'T HAVE ORAL SEX.

It's not minimal and happens more than you think. There are new cases of HIV which can't be explained, and they're not coming from anal, vaginal, or intranvenous drug use. We have cuts in our mouths all the time and we don't even know it. They are so tiny and a virus is invisible.

Look at the cock before you put your mouth on it. If it has funny spots, lessions, cankers, sores, discoloration, warts, bumps, tears, cuts, discharge, smells, or anything else that catches your eye, ask the owner what it is, but ultimately, follow your gut instinct; if it looks funny to you, DON'T PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH! It is your pjerogative to say "No."

It is your right to say "no", but unfortunately people get caught up in the moment and do it. A person hooking up isn't going to look for all those things you mentioned. And you're assuming that people are doing oral in the sunlight or putting a flashlight on the dick.

Yes you can get all the things you mentioned but it's not like it's a picnic or something. When you have an STD you're more vulnerable to get HIV.

STD Facts - HIV/AIDS & STDs

Oral sex is sacred? If it's so sacred then you should be doing it with people that you love. That's sacred. Yes you are at risk for STD's and HIV if you a playing with strangers. Almost everyone is going to say they are disease free, and if you want to take that risk, go right ahead, but don't believe for a minute that you can tell if person is taking meds from the taste of their cum. And if it's bitter you're going to spit it out and gargle with Listerine? Bud, you really need to get educated about STD's, HIV and disease prevention in general. It's not as easy as rinsing your mouth out with mouthwash.

People lie all the time, but sometimes people don't lie; they just don't know they have anything so they're not really lying. It is good to follow your instincts, and asking people about their sexual history and STD tests is fine if you're in a relationship, but a hookup isn't going to care. Any two people in a relationship should get tested and actually see the other person's results. It's the only way to be really sure.

Over 250,000 Americans don't even know they had HIV.

300,000 Americans Are HIV-Positive—And Don’t Know It : amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research

HIV Tests: Do You Need One? - Newsweek Health - MSNBC.com

Not promiscous? :confused: You play with a handful of people and guess what? They also play with other people and so on and so on. You are lucky you are HIV negative because every time you have an STD you are more likely to get HIV as your system is more vulnerable.

It is fun but what you're describing is not healthy. You have sex with a handful of people who are most likely doing the same thing with handful of people. And you've had STD's. If people don't have a partner there is nothing wrong with them being abstinent until they find one. At least they don't have to get tests every 3 months.

I don't get you free love people. You all need to grow up. This isn't the 60's anymore. I can't figure out how some of you let sex rule your lives, and try to tell others who care about their health that there's something wrong with them if they don't have dozens of sexual partners.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's not minimal and happens more than you think. There are new cases of HIV which can't be explained, and they're not coming from anal, vaginal, or intranvenous drug use. We have cuts in our mouths all the time and we don't even know it. They are so tiny and a virus... :confused: You play with a handful of people and guess what? They also play with other people and so on and so on. You are lucky you are HIV negative because every time you have an STD you are more likely to get HIV as your system is more vulnerable. ... dozens of sexual partners.

I see you're still at it. The same tired old arguments and misinformation from the same tired old closet case... Blah Blah Blahddy Blah Blah...:rolleyes:

Reactions: chicasmalas