Do any of you practice (or have you ever practiced) Martial Arts

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
I am most interested in any of the combative sports that you see represented in mixed martial arts, but any martial arts I am interested in hearing if you have trained.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I took a defensive course in Atlanta a number of years ago and if I remember correctly it was a combination of jujutsu and aikido, pardon the spelling. I loved jujutsu because there was a certain zen quality about it. It actually helped me more at work than anything else, of course the poor little intern was probably scared half to death.

Jillang

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I had a bf who got me to try I was the only female with like 10 guys. I only tried it twice but it was fun I guess. I'd actually like to try something like that again but not with a bf and in a class with more females.

Twistbarbie

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
no never.. but I do know how to take care of myself~

FP

that gets plenty of women in trouble.

And the same for these 2 two hour self defence courses that seem to have some women thinking they're Bruce Lee. You're not, a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous. Always better to try and avoid a situation than fight your way out. I always preferred training with the men than women, men are bigger/stronger, more of a threat.

To the OP, yes several over the years, to the point I wanted to turn pro but back in the day it would have meant moving abroad.

I've trained in JKD, Kali, Silat, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Boxing, MMA

Last edited:

B_nightvipe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a black sash in fa men chuan kung-fu which i have trained in our temple in china for a month. I have also studied under master chan pui in florida

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I took a defensive course in Atlanta a number of years ago and if I remember correctly it was a combination of jujutsu and aikido, pardon the spelling. I loved jujutsu because there was a certain zen quality about it. It actually helped me more at work than anything else, of course the poor little intern was probably scared half to death.

Actually I did a bit more informal training in aikido afterwards, but not a lot. Full disclosure: I did go out with the instructor so....

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Nope. Helpless like a bunny. But I do watch them practice in the studio across the street, if that counts at all.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
I had a bf who got me to try I was the only female with like 10 guys. I only tried it twice but it was fun I guess. I'd actually like to try something like that again but not with a bf and in a class with more females.

what didyou do

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
that gets plenty of women in trouble.

And the same for these 2 two hour self defence courses that seem to have some women thinking they're Bruce Lee. You're not, a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous. Always better to try and avoid a situation than fight your way out. I always preferred training with the men than women, men are bigger/stronger, more of a threat.

To the OP, yes several over the years, to the point I wanted to turn pro but back in the day it would have meant moving abroad.

I've trained in JKD, Kali, Silat, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Boxing, MMA

might I entice you to mary me?!
or at least be lpsg friends

Jillang

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
what didyou do

It was Brazilian Juijitsu. I'm not exactly sure how that is different than anything else but it was a lot of wrestling. Ha ha I know it sounds wierd but it was kind of fun but just awkward.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
It was Brazilian Juijitsu. I'm not exactly sure how that is different than anything else but it was a lot of wrestling. Ha ha I know it sounds wierd but it was kind of fun but just awkward.

from my experience women who tried both striking and grappling seem to more often prefer grappling

why did you stop, it's good for you and good for the sport to have women involved

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Kickboxing is the only thing I've ever tried, well other than a self defense class. I would actually like to try something else, pitiful as this may sound I don't want to go by myself.

I would really like to find a place that teaches Capoeira. It looks so beautiful.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Kickboxing is the only thing I've ever tried, well other than a self defense class. I would actually like to try something else, pitiful as this may sound I don't want to go by myself.

I would really like to find a place that teaches Capoeira. It looks so beautiful.

it is but also it is quite physically taxing
have you asked people you work with maybe on of them train somewhere then you wont feel alone
if you go to most martial arts places it's almost like a secondary family you should be made to feel at home as a new student

Jillang

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
from my experience women who tried both striking and grappling seem to more often prefer grappling

why did you stop, it's good for you and good for the sport to have women involved

I would try it again in the right situation. I guess I never really stopped because I only tried it because my bf wanted me to but like I said it really was fun.
Do you do that too?

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
it is but also it is quite physically taxing
have you asked people you work with maybe on of them train somewhere then you wont feel alone
if you go to most martial arts places it's almost like a secondary family you should be made to feel at home as a new student

I don't mind taxing, I actually sort of thrive on it lately, I'm spending 2-3 hours a day at the gym 6 days a week. I have a thing for working my body until I feel like I'm going to drop, then working some more just to prove to myself I can.

It's not just that I don't want to go alone, it's also because most of those places are filled with men. Men in general make me nervous. Since I live about an hour from the big city, my little area has no martial arts training available that I have seen, just a little gym.