Do Asexuals Like Kissing And Cuddling?

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
As always, it depends on the individual.

I am on the demi side and the non sexual (bonding) touch is necessary.
I do notice I need less casual touch, specifically hand holding, than my sex centered partner.
Just like smexytimes, each partner should help provide the others needs, so I indulge his hand holding for an entire three mile walk.

(I’d rather have both arms swinging in pattern with my stride. But he sees the walk as quality time then exercise, and I see it as exercise with quality time. So I swing my arms best I can, then independently swing once we are home.)

Casual, as-you-pass, touch is huge with us.
Cuddling is interesting. We “hold toes” on the couch, he presses/nudges his elbow into my arm casually as a “secret” contact when we aren’t holding hands. Sort of a hey there move. It is also the ramp into and out of sexual contact.

We make out like teenagers.

Reactions: Acrab69

nhguy78

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Asexual
Just wondering if asexuals still like body contact aside from sex like kissing, cuddling, maybe holding hands? :heart_eyes::kissing_heart: :emoji_kiss_mm::emoji_hugging:
Me, I do. I I need to be in the mood, though. I absolutely love body contact. It gives me a little platonic tingle. Like when someone at work touches me shoulder I freeze but I love it.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
It's not related to whether or not you're asexual, actually! Just like with allosexuals, some asexuals like physical contact and physical acts of affection and others don't.
For my part, I don't overly like being touched as people I don't know (or don't like) but also physical touch is definitely one of my love languages and it's very important to me when in a relationship.
Also, just to be clear, there are many asexual people who like sex. Some people who are asexual are also sex-repulsed, but plenty of asexual people are fine with it or even like it or desire it.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
It's not related to whether or not you're asexual, actually! Just like with allosexuals, some asexuals like physical contact and physical acts of affection and others don't.
For my part, I don't overly like being touched as people I don't know (or don't like) but also physical touch is definitely one of my love languages and it's very important to me when in a relationship.
Also, just to be clear, there are many asexual people who like sex. Some people who are asexual are also sex-repulsed, but plenty of asexual people are fine with it or even like it or desire it.
Mic drop!

Reactions: nhguy78 and Acrab69

Dendog9227

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I'm not a huge kisser or cuddling type, just in general not a huge fan of touching which is likely not to do entirely with me being asexual... But brief hugs are fine and I'm a fair deal taller so that forehead press together move is a stand in.

Reactions: nhguy78
D

deleted817718

My wife is asexual, and we kiss and cuddle, but that is as far as she is comfortable to go nowadays. She doesn’t do sec for my sake anymore and I respect that of her

TrueB2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's something I'd do for my partner. I've tried out a lot of different things (cuddling, kissing, sex, etc.) And I've realized it doesn't make me feel anything emotionally or mentally. I don't have an aversion to any of those things (for the most part), so I'd be okay with it!