Do babyfaced guys get more love from other men

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_aussie8in, Oct 22, 2009.

1. B_aussie8in

B_aussie8in New Member

a friend of mine who is baby faced, but not femine. always gets hugged, gets his hair scruffled, gets help and stuff from guys he doesnt know very well. like he doesnt even get along with them and these are really masculine guys and if he needs help theyd help him but wont help other guys who look more masculine and who they know just as well.

do baby faced guys get more sympathy and love from other guys. Because my friend said he doesnt talk all that much to these guys and they treat him like a kid brother, whilst more masculine guys who they talked to more dont get the same treatment.

can anyone explain this??

2. D_Tintagel_Demondong

This is a fairly recent article, but I recall that survey from several years ago when I posted here about his billboards being taken down in Malaysia because the gov't thought that it would lower the self-esteem of Malaysian men. Bradley had an even more baby-like face then.

3. latinluva

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I noticed that in my life, this is true. Guys would always grab my face and squeeze it. As I got older they would squeeze my ass. I have very soft smoth skin. I always wanted a nice thick beard though...aint gonna happen.

4. umnc30

umnc30 New Member

I don't have a baby face, but I have noticed this happening even in how I treat other guys. I'm not a huge fan of feminine guys, but there is something about a guy with softer features that makes me want be close to him. Maybe its the idea that he also probably has a softer personality -- more approachable, comforting, understanding, huggable, kissable etc. While this is not always true, its kind of the happy mediums between masculine and feminine.

5. Sergeant_Torpedo

Gold Member

I have observed that some overtly masculine men will be predisposed to males in an unsexual way. They will be protective, even indulgent to babyfaced appearing men. This may be a paternalistic trait. Of course an effusively effeminate guy or even an arrogant, pretentious straigt guy will receive nothing but distain from any man. As for Bradley Pitt being someone to emulate physically, I cannot believe this. His features are more simian than babyfaced. In France he labours under the sobriquet of Puddinghead.

6. D_T_Frothingill_Bellows

D_T_Frothingill_Bellows Account Disabled

hrmmm, i think baby-faced guys are cute and are more likely to get more upfront affection from me, but in the long run, I want to be with a manly man

like, i'm more likely to hug and play around with a baby faced guy, but while i'm doing that, i'm trying to snag the manly guy across the room

7. EL_Duderino

EL_Duderino New Member

brad pitt definitely has a baby face. the guy is in his 40's now and could still pass for 30 no problem. i watched a movie the other day, spy games which was made in 99 i think it was. pitt looked like he was 20y/o in that film and i think when i checked he was like 39 or something. im pretty baby faced and I think having one is really disarming, I don't get my hair messed up or anything. I don't really have soft features i have good bone structure but i just look very young since i have soft skin I guess. I don't think soft features mean you look young. actually im not even 100% on what having soft features actually means. anyways.... sorry for rambling. I'm a very open person and just chat people up all the time about all kinds of things. Maybe people wouldnt get as comfortable with me as quickly as they do if i didnt have a baby face.

8. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

I've got a youthful, disarming look to my face, on top of being quite short, so it's quite a common thing for people to act more sympathetic-- protective even-- with me. Happens mostly with women and children, but guys will treat me like some kind of little brother.

9. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

You say that like you don't like it :frown1:

10. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

I do and I don't. It tends to keep things strictly platonic.

11. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

OH I see because of the brother dynamic. That makes sense. :tongue:

12. lookingforhung

lookingforhung New Member

Albums:
    Remember that 80% of our communication is non-verbal.

The way we communicate is based on the type of impressions they give us/we give them.

We partly judge people based on societal norms/beliefs, in part biological, in part experience.

I think i have this bias as well..i mean doesn't it seem that a baby faced person is incapable of being violent/commiting crimes etc..yet a more rough looking guy, etc..you would worry.

13. YourAvgGuy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Is babyfaced the new "in word" for pretty boy?!?!

I wrote a thread about the term, pretty boy, some time back. It mirrors almost identical to this thread. As for personal experience, I would have to agree with most here in saying that guys who are "babyfaced" do have a tendency to attract sometimes some unwarranted attention. It can be quite frustrating.....

14. voidout

Gold Member

blech. no baby faces here, thank you very much! strictly strong jaw lines, and defined cheekbones. :D oh...and brad pitt is NOT baby faced. where the fuck did you get that idea?! take one look at that rigid bone structure, and tell me again how he's BABY faced.

pretty boy, i'd say he's pretty. that's why i only like brad when he has scruf. :)

15. Cougar

Cougar New Member

Albums:
    Aww I think Bradley has a baby face, even with the good strong jaw. It's those baby blues, the innocent angle of his eyebrows & his tiny nose.

16. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I hear ya. I have a youngish face for my age--no one every thinks I am pushing on 40--and older men will likely assume I am more "boyish" than not (which is not entirely true or false).

I can't say, however, that I have seen any kind of connection between the two.

17. voidout

Gold Member

:shrug: when i think of baby faced, i think of someone who looks like a child. still have those "baby fat" cheeks, and overall just soft features.

18. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

I have a sort of long face and high cheek bones with a thick beard (but shaved). I've never ever had any guy treat me in that way. I obviously don't look like a boy. It's always after people meet me and interact with me that they realize I'm not a threat to them and am quite playful and fun to be with. I have a buddy at school who is small and boyish looking, and girls just love him. I guess he seems non-threatening to them.

19. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Post it. :biggrin1:
    Little guys are cute. You can pick them up and carry them around.

20. voidout

Gold Member

you sound terribly good looking.

Draft saved Draft deleted