Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
A serious question for all the “BBC” lovers. Why do you think there is such a fascination with BBC but still so much overt and covert anti-Black racism?

From what I see in and around metropolitan DC, there are a lot of non-Black guys who are desirous of BBC, and to a degree, a fair share of interracial couples, but you don’t see a high degree of interracial mixing in social venues. I myself have a very diverse group of friends (though it’s a mix of different relationships and not one solid group that does things together), but when I’m invited out to something by my non-Black friends, I’m often the only Black person there. Weddings, baptisms, birthdays, Thanksgiving/Christmas dinners...very social, intimate settings where you want your close friends to be, you don’t see the diversity and openness that everyone claims to espouse and “celebrate”.

This is basically a rhetorical question, but I’d love to know what gives? For those of you who talk about how much you love BBC/Black men (which you often synonymize), what does your intimate, non-sexual network of friends look like? In essence, you see and hear a lot of people talk about BBC and how they have “no hang ups on race/don’t see color,” and yet they don’t have willful contact with Black men outside the bedroom (or wherever it is that you get down).

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I would highly doubt that most BBC lovers (not the Downton Abbey variety) have black friends. The way they talk about black men is underpinned by a hefty amount of creepy racist fetishisation that would preclude seeing black men as human beings worthy of respect.

Last edited:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As a black woman, I find that people who speak to me in dehumanizing, exotifying code, don't know many black people personally, and that the few they kinda know are a couple degrees of separation away. It would be a stretch to call them friends. I imagine it's similar for guys.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In general terms, “BBC” and “black men” are thought of as being the same. So, to invite a black man to your social function suggests that you are bringing BBC into the mix. In essence, what should be a social situation suddenly becomes sexually charged. I’m hypothesing here a bit since I’m trying to wrap my head around this phenomenon, as well.
Until the BBC myth is erased with data and good ol’ common sense, things are unlikely to change. Keep in mind that we (the US) are still a very young country. It takes hundreds to thousands of years for cultures to grow past their myths. I recently learned that there are people who still believe that the world is flat. Holy shit!!!!

Wow, good to know that my neighbours growing up only thought of me as a BBC / in the mix, my school friends / college friends only thought of me as a BBC, the friends whose families homes I attended socially only thought of me as a BBC, my professional / social interactions I am only thought of having a BBC. My present neighbours only see me as a BBC. Thank you for your insight, I would have never guesses

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Colonizers have never had qualms about fucking the colonized, period..historically it's been a "spoils of war" reality. Most of my late teenaged- early 20s sexual encounters were with white girls/women that fetishized BBCs but had no interest in being in actual relationships with them(although to be fair the BBC expectation ran the racial gambit amongst women ive come across).
There's a real duality to the effect it has had on my self esteem, and sexual confidence; on one hand minus all of the harassment baggage that typically goes on when the genders are reversed, to be objectified physically feels nice because it seems to usurp the feeling of sex being used as a reward as opposed to an expression, but on the other hand to know that the woman that will scream your name and lust after your body would not want to introduce you to friends or family as a bf is a bit soul shattering.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm not sure how much the label "BBC lover" applies to me. I "love" one bbc but have never chased bbc as fetish or preference. I wrote of him in a thread about favorite tops. We met at a gym and had a thing for several years. He moved away and we've been lucky to meet once a year since. We're fuck buddies. It's all about sex between us. He's never met any of my friends nor I his.

Do I have any non-sexual black friends? Yes but I have to admit my closest friends are white.

In my experience "black men have big dicks" is a myth. Most of the black guys I've been with have been about average in the trouser department.

Reactions: Saint Raphael

stustu

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
To Saint Raphael - thank you for your thoughtful/insightful question and thread.
We could use a category on this site with your type of question.
I have often thought about the idea you've expressed, but have not been able
to expressed it into a few short sentences.
Thank you.

Colonizers have never had qualms about fucking the colonized, period..historically it's been a "spoils of war" reality. Most of my late teenaged- early 20s sexual encounters were with white girls/women that fetishized BBCs but had no interest in being in actual relationships with them(although to be fair the BBC expectation ran the racial gambit amongst women ive come across).
There's a real duality to the effect it has had on my self esteem, and sexual confidence; on one hand minus all of the harassment baggage that typically goes on when the genders are reversed, to be objectified physically feels nice because it seems to usurp the feeling of sex being used as a reward as opposed to an expression, but on the other hand to know that the woman that will scream your name and lust after your body would not want to introduce you to friends or family as a bf is a bit soul shattering.

Per the bolded, since you know history so much, you already knew what you were getting into before you decided to fuck white women. Just saying.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Per the bolded, since you know history so much, you already knew what you were getting into before you decided to fuck white women. Just saying.
Lol, I didn't "decide to fuck white women", I was interested in having sex with women that expressed an interest in having sex with me.
And the emboldened statement, when it comes to the bbc mythos, is by no means reprepresentative of all white women, nor is it exclusive to them as a race of women...
Just sayin'

Reactions: AlteredEgo

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aka you decided to fuck white women. Wow at your rephrasing skills.
"Decided" as in...it's a conscious decision one should make? Have I also "decided" to fuck black, asian, hispanic, and middle eastern women as well?

Did I affect some fee fees with the "colonizer" comment, 'cause its really coming across as some hit dog hollering.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Responding to the OP--

Yours really is the central question of the United States' culture and other supposedly "post"-colonial cultures related to the incredibly racist 19th-century formulation called "race": Do melanin-impaired individuals, who have been given tremendous cultural power over the centuries since European colonization of most of the planet, perceive people with more melanin as "people" or "not people"? (As "us" or as "them"?)

From my perspective, all too many don't see all people as "us," and it's hurting all of us.

Until that happens--until "white" people as a group see "black" and "brown" people as a group as much-loved close friends and family members--we'll continue to see the lack of U.S. and state governmental care for "black" and "brown" people that happened before, during, and after hurricanes Katrina and Maria (for example); the highly visible inequity in numbers of fatal police shootings of unarmed "black" and "brown" people in the USA as opposed to those of unarmed "white" people; the staggering inequity in terms of opportunities for education, career development, and wealth building for "black" and "brown" people as opposed to those for "white" people; and on and on and on, literally ad nauseam.

And until that happens, we'll continue to fail to include everyone who should be included in the definition of "United States citizen."

Which holds us all back, financially, legally, and morally.

NCbear (who--speaking of ad nauseam--is reminded of Scout's visceral reaction to racism in To Kill a Mockingbird: she feels sick to her stomach and wants to cry when she thinks about the hypocritical, mean-spirited, and just plain rude and nasty behavior that the frightened, foolish "white" racists show the "black" descendants of former slaves in her small Alabama hometown during the 1930s)

Cm4hjl

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
In general terms, “BBC” and “black men” are thought of as being the same. So, to invite a black man to your social function suggests that you are bringing BBC into the mix. In essence, what should be a social situation suddenly becomes sexually charged. I’m hypothesing here a bit since I’m trying to wrap my head around this phenomenon, as well.
Until the BBC myth is erased with data and good ol’ common sense, things are unlikely to change. Keep in mind that we (the US) are still a very young country. It takes hundreds to thousands of years for cultures to grow past their myths. I recently learned that there are people who still believe that the world is flat. Holy shit!!!!

Wow, good to know that my neighbours growing up only thought of me as a BBC / in the mix, my school friends / college friends only thought of me as a BBC, the friends whose families homes I attended socially only thought of me as a BBC, my professional / social interactions I am only thought of having a BBC. My present neighbours only see me as a BBC. Thank you for your insight, I would have never guesses

Get Out.

D

deleted15807

Is this really any different than guys who just view women as pieces of ass? Some have women friends, some don't. Most probably don't as women aren't attracted to them as friends.