Do beautiful people want to settle down?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Jovial, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    ...or do they just want to hang out, party, stay single and keep their options open? Seems like it's only after they get older when their youthful beauty starts to wear off and their dating value starts to drop that they then want to settle down. Then they're looking for the "nice" person to settle down with.

What do you think?

2. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

There's no generalization that can be made.

3. 2hung4u

2hung4u New Member

^^^ A paradox.

4. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    good question Jovial.
    as part of the 'beautiful people', jet setting, club hopping, party crowd since my youth, it was ALWAYS my dream of settling down with a wife to have a family.
    it freaked most of the party girls out when they learned this.
    so there was nothing else to do but party on as though there was nothing else to do.
    i was always on the lookout for a potential mate.
    i have been wanting to settle down since i was in my early 20s and am still seeking to do so.
    i think this is what the majority of people want but in lieu of that, they will play the party card until they can't.
    perhaps even though when young there is a desire to be in a relationship and settle down people are not mature enough to know about how to do that and screw up lots of chances, which when you think about it is ok. ergo: if in youth one can't figure out how to handle a relationship in a mature way, perhaps best that one not settle down and end up with bad and failed realionships.

5. Principessa

Gold Member

That may be true for you Jovial, but I've always wanted to settle down. Then again I think I tend more towards the cute than the beautiful. :smile::cool:

6. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

I think across the board people have factors to consider with settling down and picking the right time to do so - opportunity and demand are just two of them.

I may not be "beautiful", however, in theory, I always wanted to settle down; in practice, I have yet to meet a person that, above all else, is a perfect match for me and my lifestyle.

7. 8wayup

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have found that even as they age, most of them still look for the bbd.

It depends on their value set.

8. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, I do.

9. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't doubt that young & beautiful people dream of settling down. But since they have the opportunity to attract and date many people, even if they meet and date someone nice, they may pass them by, thinking they can do better.

10. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Mostly, those peeps are assholes.

I should know. I'm a victim of my own provocative beauty.

These things happen.

11. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    ahh - good point Jovial.
    there is always the idea that one can do better and holds out for that.
    typical youthful idea.

12. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    Once you have the best, there's not much more to look for.

13. Principessa

Gold Member

We beautiful people always want to settle down and procreate because there are too many ugly people in the world. We know we have to offset that. :biggrin1:

14. MickeyLee

Gold Member

not sure where i fall on the beautiful people scale. i will say i have no intentions of ever settling down. the concept seems like slow death. i just don't buy into the whole there is only one person for you merged lifestyle. my goals in life are not a home or children or roots. until my current relationship monogamy wasn't even an option i considered.

i want to travel. explore. learn new things. i want the freedom to grow and change. to become a new person without worrying about who i might leave behind. at this point in my life the responsibility of tying another person's life or future to my own is too much.

maybe the mind set is generational. most of my friends and myself are babies from failed relationships. we never saw the successful role model. believing in 50 years of love is the same as believing in santa claus.

so i make plans to meet up in paris in 2030. some tiny cafe with insanely over priced wine i never learned to pronounce. i'll kiss my boyfriend like we're still young and crazy in love. ask him tell me everything he's learned. i'll do the same for him. i'll be amazed how much he's changed. i'll thrill because he still smiles like a 10 years old. *so the ideal*

to me... i know the place i want to end up. it's not a 2 story with a fence. no dogs. no kids. i want a ink riddled passport. journals full of bold adventures. with a select few dear friends to share the story with.

ML

#14 MickeyLee, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  15. naughty

Gold Member

Dont you think this is more a result of commitment phobia than whether someone is beautiful or not? Most people that I have known tend to try to get the best bargain their market value can pull. Many either overestimate their value or underestimate it. There are also so many other things that go into someone feeling they can always do better. Training, maturity, feedback and even a touch of narcissism all play into the equation.
    Perhaps what you are seeing Jovial is that for some individuals the arrival of maturity and a fading of youthful beauty and expectation coincide. So often the failure of relationships is timing. A person has to be ready to settle down. Some are ready at 20, others are never ready.

16. naughty

Gold Member

Cigarbabe,

You are still stunning now, so I can not even begin to imagine the attention (wanted and unwanted ) you attracted when you were younger. You may have been joking but I think there may also be a touch of the truth there as well.

17. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I moved in with my BF when I was 19.....I'm now closer to fifty than to forty......I had PLENTY of opportunity to date other people but I passed and settled down with the one I love.

18. nudeyorker

Gold Member

When I was 27 I met someone wonderful that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and we had five wonderful years together and he died suddenly of a heart attack. The years that followed I did not want to settle for less. It took several more years, but I met someone else who I want to spend the rest of my life with. For me, I would rather have beeen alone than with the wrong person.

19. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:

As usual, Naughty knows exactly what she's talking about!

20. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Touché.:tongue:
    Slllllaaaap.
    Lol.
    You got me, 2hung4u.

Draft saved Draft deleted