Do bottoms really outnumber tops?

D_Blu_Boy

Just Browsing
Media
I've always heard within the gay community that there is a terrible bottom to top ratio. Apparently the majority of gay and bi men like to be on the receiving end of anal sex and those men who identify as 'strictly top' or even 'versatile top' are few and far between.

Now in my own experience this assessment has been too true. In the area I live in for every one top there's probably about eight bottoms (and 7 versatile guys...who really only want to top if they absolutely have to.) Tops are treated like rare commodities and the guys clamor to get a chance at them.

So now with access to a vastly larger gay and bi community I wanted to ask the question to a wider group than the one I'm accustomed to. Are there really more tops than bottoms? Is this the situation everywhere? Or are there cities out there where the converse is true and there isn't a bottom in sight?

Feedback please...I really need to know where to move to. Lol jk.

TexasTail4U2Use

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Seems to be the norm.
Also, most "straight" guys in my area, that want to 'experiment' want to be bottoms too!!!!!
It's a real downer when you finally get that hot straight guy in your bed and he wants you to top him. Especially when you are a bottom.

D_Blu_Boy

Just Browsing
Media
Yeah. All the straight guys I've met so far who want to 'experiment' want to be the more submissive partner. Needless to say it doesn't go too far after that.

Beachboy19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've always heard within the gay community that there is a terrible bottom to top ratio. Apparently the majority of gay and bi men like to be on the receiving end of anal sex and those men who identify as 'strictly top' or even 'versatile top' are few and far between.

Now in my own experience this assessment has been too true. In the area I live in for every one top there's probably about eight bottoms (and 7 versatile guys...who really only want to top if they absolutely have to.) Tops are treated like rare commodities and the guys clamor to get a chance at them.

So now with access to a vastly larger gay and bi community I wanted to ask the question to a wider group than the one I'm accustomed to. Are there really more tops than bottoms? Is this the situation everywhere? Or are there cities out there where the converse is true and there isn't a bottom in sight?

Feedback please...I really need to know where to move to. Lol jk.

The thing is tops are more masculine usually. So they are hard to find in gay bars and places like that. They blend in with the str8 population so they are harder to locate, not necessarily less in number compared to bottoms.

BJs4You IL

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Im a total bottom, and Im more of a top than most "versatile" guys Ive met. Very hard to find a top. I know one "true" top. I had a str8 friend that knew for years I was gay. One night after drinking, we messed around, after years of regular platonic friendship. He fought me to be on the botttom. He won. lol.

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The urban legend does indeed seem to be the truth. And I think there are three reasons that can be identified:

1 - It's easier. Though it's not ideal, the bottom can basically lie there and be done to, rather than actually have to do the doing.
2 - The prostate. Once it's been discovered, it's hard to give it up.
3 - It's still taboo, looked down on by society, and therefore carries and extra thrill to add to the sexual excitement.

Yeah. All the straight guys I've met so far who want to 'experiment' want to be the more submissive partner.
Well, that's clearly because they want to do something they can't do with a girl. If they wanted to fuck someone, they could do their wife. They can only get fucked (properly fucked - a dildo doesn't count) with another guy.

The thing is tops are more masculine usually. So they are hard to find in gay bars and places like that. They blend in with the str8 population so they are harder to locate, not necessarily less in number compared to bottoms.
This I don't agree with, however. In my estimation, it's the hairdressers who are the tops and the bodybuilders who are the bottoms.

D_Blu_Boy

Just Browsing
Media
This I don't agree with, however. In my estimation, it's the hairdressers who are the tops and the bodybuilders who are the bottoms.

I completely agree with you on that one and it's kinda the weirdest thing. The really big burly muscular guys that you would assume would be more dominate are more times than not seeking to be the submissive/receptive partner. I've seen a lot more twink tops than gym queens, bears and jocks combined. lol

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
There's a lot of psychology to this whole thing. The human brain is complicated, but there has to be something to why this is. It could be entirely sociology, or it could be biology. But very interesting viewpoints that gave me some ideas behind the question i've been asking recently. Some of you gay men really know how to think outside the box and write it beautifully.

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
have to agree...bottoms are coming out the woodwork around here....i get offers regular...kinda surprized me too....

tallnlean9

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
To answer the thread question: yes. And I thank God for it.

I doubt there are any geographic differences. Gay men in every town I have ever visited or lived in complain that there so many bottoms and so few tops.