Do bottoms really outnumber tops?

Denverbearmark

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, I have developed into a versatile guy. I would rather bottom, not because it is easier, but because I like my ass played with. So even when I top, I like to be rimmed and my ass fingered or played with--often I will wear a plug pr prostate massager while pounding the hell out of a bottom!

I am the same with oral sex, would rather suck cock, but also enjoy mine being sucked!

It has made me more demanding as a top, I don't fuck passive do nothing bottoms, as I know how good it can be for the bottom to get really involved. I also don't tolerate bad blow jobs, because the cocksucker should be into giving head and enjoying it. It has also improved my bottoming skills as now I know tricks that work well for the top both orally and anal!

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Here in Hampton Roads, Virginia there seems to be a pretty good mix of tops and bottoms but bottoms do seem to outnumber the tops. Most of the tops are military guys from the local bases though. I think a fair number of them are probably str8, horny, and a long way from home and just want a tight hole to fuck, and finding a willing gay/bi guy is a lot easier than finding a willing girl...and with guys they don't have to deal with a bunch of dating and commitment BS to get laid either.

Jay1074

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
To answer the original question, YES, it does appear bottoms out number tops. Not sure to what ratio but it is very disproportionate. I prefer to bottom because, as a previous post mentioned... once you discover the prostate, you can't give it up. Still, in this town where I live, I'm almost always the top. Not that I'm complaining, I do enjoy being the top too... I just wish there were more tops here.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Los Angeles is one of many cities that is supposedly notorious for being significantly overloaded with bottoms. A friend from out of town once told me (and actually, I think he was the one that explained to me what a top/bottom was), about how excited he was to be coming to LA, and that he was going to need some time to go out on his own. I naively said, "But you don't know anyone here." He told me, "You don't understand, but I'm a 'top'. I don't need to know anyone. I can have anyone in this city that I want."

D_Shermie Shtoinkle

Experimental Member
Media
I completely understand why straight men want to be on the receiving end as of course the wife or girlfriend wouldn't probably go anywhere near there.
with myself it always depends on the guy I can and love to do both.

D_Blu_Boy

Just Browsing
Media
Los Angeles is one of many cities that is supposedly notorious for being significantly overloaded with bottoms. A friend from out of town once told me (and actually, I think he was the one that explained to me what a top/bottom was), about how excited he was to be coming to LA, and that he was going to need some time to go out on his own. I naively said, "But you don't know anyone here." He told me, "You don't understand, but I'm a 'top'. I don't need to know anyone. I can have anyone in this city that I want."
Yeah. I've totally encountered 'that' top before.
The funny thing is that tops really do seem to already know that they are in the minority and benefit from it.

latinluva

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm a bottom, and most guys I know are tops, but then I guess that's to be expected. Bottoms usually don't hang out with bottoms. Unless they're cock hunting.But i wouldn't mind topping a cute petite pretty dude..say twenty or so. I try to explore every corner of the earth.

guynmn

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I know WAY more bottoms and vers guys who are vers only in theory, LOL. Which is all good for me except when I am feeling like being more of a sub cocksucker. Then the lack of tops and the total bottoms get rather annoying. Where are bottoms that want to get sucked too?. Oh, well.

cdunstan1

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The urban legend does indeed seem to be the truth. And I think there are three reasons that can be identified:

1 - It's easier. Though it's not ideal, the bottom can basically lie there and be done to, rather than actually have to do the doing.
2 - The prostate. Once it's been discovered, it's hard to give it up.
3 - It's still taboo, looked down on by society, and therefore carries and extra thrill to add to the sexual excitement.

Well, that's clearly because they want to do something they can't do with a girl. If they wanted to fuck someone, they could do their wife. They can only get fucked (properly fucked - a dildo doesn't count) with another guy.

This I don't agree with, however. In my estimation, it's the hairdressers who are the tops and the bodybuilders who are the bottoms.

I have to agree. I've also heard that almost all drag queens are tops. :confused:

cdunstan1

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It has made me more demanding as a top, I don't fuck passive do nothing bottoms, as I know how good it can be for the bottom to get really involved. I also don't tolerate bad blow jobs, because the cocksucker should be into giving head and enjoying it.

I'd say this observation is definitely true in New York City. When I was "dating" I was exclusively top. I had my pick of bottoms and would only fuck guys who understood I was using their ass to make my cock feel good. Not the other way around. Not that I'm selfish, just the bottom had to know how to use his ass to get off.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'd say this observation is definitely true in New York City. When I was "dating" I was exclusively top. I had my pick of bottoms and would only fuck guys who understood I was using their ass to make my cock feel good. Not the other way around. Not that I'm selfish, just the bottom had to know how to use his ass to get off.
I bet you destroyed quite a few asses with that thing. Damn thick.

B_ILIW

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
given how good the prostate feels, it's no surprise most men are bottoms.

the exact reasons are probably greater than pleasure though. for some it's more a state of mind issue.

malkavian_astraga

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
To answer the thread question: yes. And I thank God for it.

I doubt there are any geographic differences. Gay men in every town I have ever visited or lived in complain that there so many bottoms and so few tops.

I would say that bttms do outnumber tops. I quit being a total bttm a few yrs ago cuz of it. I have moved east-west coast and went north and south. Military brat and was in military. Its the same everywhere. I haven't seen any difference. The percent of bttms ranges but always more bttms than tops

malkavian_astraga

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Here in Hampton Roads, Virginia there seems to be a pretty good mix of tops and bottoms but bottoms do seem to outnumber the tops. Most of the tops are military guys from the local bases though. I think a fair number of them are probably str8, horny, and a long way from home and just want a tight hole to fuck, and finding a willing gay/bi guy is a lot easier than finding a willing girl...and with guys they don't have to deal with a bunch of dating and commitment BS to get laid either.

I'd say what u say is partly true living in the area myself, but the actual locals are what I think the thread is aiming toward not the people popping in and out. Its well known after a deployment a guy will do whatever.