Verified
Gold
Media
Treyburn, North Carolina, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
This thread on masturbation seems to have taken a turn to the defense of one religion or another. That includes no religion as well as other religion. With this being the direction, and recognizing we will not find an agreeable answer, maybe it needs to be moved into a mental section.

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This thread on masturbation seems to have taken a turn to the defense of one religion or another. That includes no religion as well as other religion. With this being the direction, and recognizing we will not find an agreeable answer, maybe it needs to be moved into a mental section.

Sorry, but this is not a general thread on masturbation: the OP was a survey on the question ‘Do Christians masturbate?’ That has overwhelmingly and substantially answered in the affirmative. It shouldn’t be moved—imho it should be closed. And I have no idea what you mean by a ‘mental section.’. You needn’t explain, the thread is dead.

‘Our [religion, i.e., Christianity] is assuredly the most ridiculous, the most absurd and the most bloody religion which has ever infected this world.’ 5 January 1767, from a letter written to Frederic II.

Before this thread goes into the history file, could you clarify your reason for the quote from Voltaire? Does it reflect your own thinking or what?

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Before this thread goes into the history file, could you clarify your reason for the quote from Voltaire? Does it reflect your own thinking or what?

For you to quote Voltaire is well, I think, very odd, and the quotes you presented in your posts made me think you didn’t know much about a deist and a Mason who despised Christianity and Islam, but somewhat strangely found aspects of Hinduism that he admired. But the quotes you chose are quips that don’t represent Arouet’s thinking as the one I presented. I suspect you might not have known much about a man who held the religion of his time and place in contempt, and for good reasons.

Does the quote from the letter to Frederic II reflect my own thinking? No, I don’t think Christianity is the most ridiculous, most absurd, or the most sanguinary, nor would I characterize Christianity as an infection.

And I have no idea of what you mean by ‘or what?’

For you to quote Voltaire is well, I think, very odd, and the quotes you presented in your posts made me think you didn’t know much about a deist and a Mason who despised Christianity and Islam, but somewhat strangely found aspects of Hinduism that he admired. But the quotes you chose are quips that don’t represent Arouet’s thinking as the one I presented. I suspect you might not have known much about a man who held the religion of his time and place in contempt, and for good reasons.

Does the quote from the letter to Frederic II reflect my own thinking? No, I don’t think Christianity is the most ridiculous, most absurd, or the most sanguinary, nor would I characterize Christianity as an infection.

And I have no idea of what you mean by ‘or what?’

Thank you for your clarification. The “or what” just left the question open for anything else you might want to add.

However, the thread is still active.

There are still two variables in the discussion, 1) the act of masturbation and 2) ones identity as a Christian.

We all appear to know what masturbation is but not so much about Christian teachings.

What we have learned is that there are a number of religions that claim to be Christian, but they teach different things about masturbation.

We have also learned that some religions outside of Christianity apply sever penalties for their members who masturbate.

Feign

Superior Member
Media
Of course they do. I mean unless they are crazy jesus freaks then they might try to never masturbate but I bet even they give into it

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you for your clarification. The “or what” just left the question open for anything else you might want to add.
However, the thread is still active.
There are still two variables in the discussion, 1) the act of masturbation and 2) ones identity as a Christian.
We all appear to know what masturbation is but not so much about Christian teachings.
What we have learned is that there are a number of religions that claim to be Christian, but they teach different things about masturbation.
We have also learned that some religions outside of Christianity apply sever penalties for their members who masturbate.

Well, here’s an exemplary Christian for you, he doesn’t agree with your liberal stand on masturbation, and I think he represents you in the senate:
Ted Cruz:
I’m a Christian first, American second, conservative third and Republican fourth...I’ll tell ya, there are a whole lot of people in this country that feel exactly the same way.”
Cruz's office declared, "There is no substantive-due-process right to stimulate one's genitals for non-medical purposes unrelated to procreation or outside of an interpersonal relationship." That is, the pursuit of such happiness had no constitutional standing.

And yes, I think Cruz has masturbated and most likely still does—maybe not with the hand holding the New Testament...

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
if you bother to reads I said all religions, stated the Catholic Church as a very visible example top the USA. Look at the impoverishment in South America, Africa and parts of Europe where the Catholic Church has a good hold and then add up the billions of dollars its worth.
Religion, all religions, have the same mantra, keep them poor, keep them ignorant and they'll believe in everlasting damnation and pay to be kept out of the flames.
I did read what you wrote. You did write, "If you looks at the Catholic Church...", or was that some other guy using your account? So, yes, I chose to address that church, as you addressed it as an example.

There remains the overriding fact that no conspiracy to "keep them poor, keep them ignorant" has been shown to exist beyond doubt. Such may be true, but as I already mentioned, it doesn't make sense from a business perspective to keep the church leaders in money. And it's not as if churches lack membership from the well-educated.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I did read what you wrote. You did write, "If you looks at the Catholic Church...", or was that some other guy using your account? So, yes, I chose to address that church, as you addressed it as an example.

There remains the overriding fact that no conspiracy to "keep them poor, keep them ignorant" has been shown to exist beyond doubt. Such may be true, but as I already mentioned, it doesn't make sense from a business perspective to keep the church leaders in money. And it's not as if churches lack membership from the well-educated.
Its all there in the living proof.- poverty - god.
By proof I expect you mean documentation.
Well the church never puts into writing what it wants hidden which is why so many of its clerics committed crimes against children and were moved on to other parishes, often many times. But written proof the church colluded...?

Hairylegs

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
A long time ago, around the time my interest in masturbation was beginning, my friend Jerry taught me how it was done (and I thought it was as gross as hell, nice guys didn't do such things!) and he told me some other neat stuff to ease my conscience. When I expressed my deeply held reservations about the act, he told me that 90% of all guys did it, and that the other 10% are liars. I believe that young man was right then, and he is still right today. Despite the injunction, I refused to even try doing it, it was simply too disgusting to contemplate. Until a few months later and one very, very messy wet dream would change all that.

Reactions: 622675

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Its all there in the living proof.- poverty - god.
By proof I expect you mean documentation.
Well the church never puts into writing what it wants hidden which is why so many of its clerics committed crimes against children and were moved on to other parishes, often many times. But written proof the church colluded...?
I mean any actual proof at all. Saying the proof is that there are poor people and there are churches where they live is ridiculous. And you haven't once bothered to address the fact that keeping the very people you expect to support you in poverty is an insanely dumb plan. To say nothing of the fact that churches haven't wielded sufficient power to control national economies in hundreds of years.

dude77007

Legendary Member
Media
I love the irony of assuming that one interpretation of the Bible is correct, and any other makes a believer a "cafeteria Christian".

The Bible does not address masturbation at all. It is not mentioned. This leaves the entire topic open to interpretation by individuals, whether clergy or lay people. The danger of masturbation (as often expressed from a Christian perspective) is that the fantasy involved can easily lead to adulterous "impure" thoughts. This is ironic, as there's nothing preventing "impure/adulterous" thoughts while engaging in sex with one's spouse. The same danger exists in both activities.

I remember a passage in the Bible which says "spilling your seed on the ground was a sin". .....wasting your seed. Sounds like jerking off to me.

But the bottom line is that the Bible doesn't state that masturbation is sinful.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The big question is "do christians masturbate" is all down to personal or taught interpolations, and its from a document written years after the teachings happened.
Many thing appear and many don't, lots of ideology has been formed over the years on personal dogma's and myth has become confused with fact.
Now Mormon's would say they don't masturbate but in truth that's the teachings and in fact many do, and like other faiths that espouse not masturbation regimes, what you say in public is different from what you do in private.
Over a few years I have enjoyed wanks with many faiths and creeds world wide where if it were to be know to the wider community they had been spilling their sperm while naked with other men.....

Reactions: Allen67