Do Condoms Suck That Much?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A male friend in his late 30's has never had sex without a condom. :eek::confused: I was shocked because I know he has had a few long term relationships. I kinda thought that was one of the benefits of being in an exclusive long-term relationship. You both have been tested and you can do the nasty without that annoying rubber between the two of you.

A male friend of his admits to starting out with the condom on; but at some point during sex he pulls out, takes it off and fucks w/o the condom! :yikes: :wtf2: Then I read the comments that go with the article below and apparently a lot of guys do this. WHAT THE FUCK!?! I admit as a woman the best part of a condom is the lack of messy clean up afterwards. But I also really like knowing that I am protected from STD's and in my youth an unwanted pregnancy. No man has the right to take that from me. :12: :mad:

Do Condoms Suck That Much?

A Note On Playing It Safe: The Frisky thinks safe sex is smart sex - so please practice it in the way that’s right for your relationship.

So, NPR posted a story saying that condom-less sex is the new engagement ring, because going bareback shows the same or similar kind of intimacy and trust and commitment that traditional marriage does. I see their point, though the man-friend and I dropped the connies well before we got engaged—but only when we’d agreed to be monogamous and had done the all important STD-tests etc. Over at fellow lady blog Jezebel, outgoing Features Editor Moe says about sex without a condom:
“...here is the irrefutable: it feels awesome. Maybe that is because I have only really engaged in bareback sex with the types of dudes who don’t fear HPV and whose diseases I don’t particularly fear, because the worst thing I can think of about most of them is the ensuing lifetime of awkward conversations...”
In other words, sex with condoms sucks, the worst that could happen to me if I go without condoms with a dude is maybe I could get pregnant or get HPV or “diseases I don’t particularly fear” and of having those diseases, the worst part is having awkward conversations with future sex partners. There is so much that is ridiculous about that statement, but I’m not in the business of ripping people apart for their personal sexual choices.

BUT the thing that struck me as most interesting is the notion that sex with a condom is so horrible and feeling-less and lame that risking infection is worth it for the awesomeness of sex without a condom. Maybe I’m nutty, but I never minded using condoms. I’m a paranoid freak so sex with a condom has always been preferable to the best case scenario of going without (having to make an annoying trip to the gyno because I had unsafe sex and need to get tested and/or checked to make sure I’m not with child) and the worst case scenario (you know, HIV, herpes, an unplanned pregnancy, etc.).

Scrufuss

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't do anal sex so the condom really isnt required. But if I ever decide to try it, it will be required.

Maybe I’m nutty, but I never minded using condoms. I’m a paranoid freak so sex with a condom has always been preferable to the best case scenario of going without (having to make an annoying trip to the gyno because I had unsafe sex and need to get tested and/or checked to make sure I’m not with child) and the worst case scenario (you know, HIV, herpes, an unplanned pregnancy, etc.).

Then maybe your penis is just more sensitive than those of other men and condoms fit your cock better.

Condoms suck first off because there is always the worry that they will slip off or fail. It's a distraction. Many condoms just don't transmit feeling well at all. There's a whole skin-on-mucosa/mucosa-on-mucosa dynamic that creates exquisite feelings condoms cannot provide. Then there's the psychology of the condom. You're not launching your seed deep into another person, you're essentially fucking a sheath of latex.

I hate condoms with a passion but I use them.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes, they do suck that much.

I can count the times I've used them on both hands and have enough fingers left to pick you up and carry you like a six-pack.

But I've always been a "do as I say, not as I do" type of guy.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
Yes they suck very very much.

I was married for 9 years and then dated someone for almost 2, I've been "fixed" so I'm not getting anyone pregnant and I've been tested and clean. I had a female friend of mine once call me a playground lol.

But yeah, I would almost, notice I said almost, go without rather than use one. If in a relationship I am more than happy to abstain until I/we get tested if that's what she asks for.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A male friend in his late 30's has never had sex without a condom. :eek::confused: I was shocked because I know he has had a few long term relationships. I kinda thought that was one of the benefits of being in an exclusive long-term relationship. You both have been tested and you can do the nasty without that annoying rubber between the two of you.
Sounds like me, NJ. I have never had sex without a condom, though, most of the men I have had intercourse with attempt the 'tip in' or stick it in first then condom maneuver. :rolleyes: Sadly, even when engaged I insisted that we used condoms. But, at the time, I was working for an NPO that had groups for HIV+ women, and I just heard too many horror stories. :shrug:

Now, I definitely want bareback sex, but I would have to be not only monogamous, but literally trust the man with my life... unfortunately, haven't met anyone like that recently. :(

D_skeaflea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had a female friend of mine once call me a playground lol.

Why, because there are a lot of children on you who are screaming and running?

I mean, your cock's big and everything, but I didn't think it was big enough to play hopscotch on. :eek:

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
Why, because there are a lot of children on you who are screaming and running?

I mean, your cock's big and everything, but I didn't think it was big enough to play hopscotch on. :eek:

lol no not to do with the cock, she was just a friend and she never has actually seen it. More to do with since I was clean and can't reproduce that someone could hop on without worry :tongue:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
But then the man still has to trust that the woman is faithfully taking her birth control pills. once she is pregnant, she has all the rights. And you have to trust that the partner isn't cheating. There are horror stories of trusting someone and ending up with an STD because of a cheater.

Condoms suck first off because there is always the worry that they will slip off or fail.
Well, on LPSG worrying about it slipping off it the least worry for most men, LOL.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
sex + condoms = :mad:

sex - condoms = :18:

see how much happier that second lil smiley is? that lil smiley is downplaying joy so the other smiley won't feel even worse. *pets the angry smiley*

i really don't understand how men stand wearing condoms. i read "shower in a raincoat" i'm thinking more like full body massage in a winter parka and ski pants.

from my side, condoms take my boy's beautiful, thick, hard, heat radiating, vein bulging, pre-cumming, nut busting uncut cock and turns it into a warm rubber dildo. NO NO NO. this is unacceptable. i like his cock, i like how his cock feels inside me. i want full contact with my boy. not safety sealed for protection and easy clean up. i tried to give a blow job with a condom, once, never again. it's just so wrong.

we work that whole monogamy thing, have both been screened for all STIs, STDs. i had the HPV vac and i'm fixed. no more condoms for me. and yes, i have faith in my man. i trust him, he's good people before anything else. i wouldn't be in bed with him if he wasn't.

ML