Do CUTE down-to-earth gay guys still exist?

woogexx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I seem to be the most down to earth gay guy I know. And I don't look like the hunchback of norte dame either.

I bring this up because I go out last night with a friend of mine and we run into her 21 yr old cousin. I, being the normal person I am go to shake hands, introduce, say whats up.....he looks at my hand and then looks away.

Whats that all about?! he was cute...but seriously...is ANYONE THAT cute? To be that rude....I don't understand gay guys....at all......I was missing being taken. He made me open my eyes!

It just seems any gay guy thats even relatively cute.....has a chip on their shoulder.....

D_one and done

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
its not a gay problem. its just a people problem. some people are rude, gay or straight. some people are stuck up, gay or straight. the majority of gay people ive met were very well mannered. there are cute down to earth gay guys out there.

*looks at your location*

oh.... that may have something to do with it.... lol

Your friend should have used her privilege as a relative to smack him upside the head and loudly proclaim what a dick he's being.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I seem to be the most down to earth gay guy I know. And I don't look like the hunchback of norte dame either.

I bring this up because I go out last night with a friend of mine and we run into her 21 yr old cousin. I, being the normal person I am go to shake hands, introduce, say whats up.....he looks at my hand and then looks away.

Whats that all about?! he was cute...but seriously...is ANYONE THAT cute? To be that rude....I don't understand gay guys....at all......I was missing being taken. He made me open my eyes!

It just seems any gay guy thats even relatively cute.....has a chip on their shoulder.....

Maybe he was a germaphobe and not just another California, stuck-up, cute guy. :redface:

Social situations are the most difficult. Germaphobes don't like to touch other people or shake hands. They don't know where those hands have been-if they've been coughed or sneezed on or if they were washed after the person went to the bathroom. Likewise, people with germaphobia will often turn down food that is offered to them if they don't know the hygiene habits of the food preparer. Because of this, germaphobia behavior is sometimes mistaken for rudeness.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
His action may not have been arrogant or even rude, deliberately.
But even if it was, you can't know how much it reflected any narcissism about his cuteness. There could be other factors.
Sometimes it's just best not to analyze too much.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

He wasn't being "cute"... he was being a cunt (sorry to any of the women out there that hates this word). I was never that way at 21 with anyone. One day he'll learn that a little humility goes a lot further with their image than twinkish looks and a bitchy attitude. They eventually get "old" like everyone else, and then what will they do?

And if he was a germaphobe, he should have still said hello. To say nothing, look at a person's hand and look away does look condescending.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
yes, they still exist! whenever i meet a cute down to earth gay guy, i get a little depressed because that's a waste of a perfectly good man... well, for me anyway since i'm hetero. have faith though woogexx, they're out there!

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are totally cute down to earth gay guys. There are two problems:

One: They (wisely) stay the fuck away from bars and clubs as those are places where people go to learn how to be drunk-ass.

Two: When someone (such as yours truly) finds a down-to-earth homo he sinks his claws in and clings for dear life.

Okay, there are three problems:

Three: Some of them are boring as fuck. It's true. No one likes to say it, but if you're too down to earth you're about as exciting as a ditch. You'll end up talking about laminate flooring to your date until he starts feeling like a rabbit in a trap who would gladly gnaw his hand off just to get away. This had totally happened to me more than once and I felt crazy guilty each time for passing over a perfectly-nice-but-insanely-boring man.

Okay, so there are four, but Senor Rubirosa, as per usual, beat me to the punch:

Four: Sometimes even nice people act like jerks and you'll probably never know why. I believe that most assholes are just people who were caught at the wrong moment.

woogexx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Alright well that is by far not the only thing he did. I tried to talk to him a couple times after that and he just kinda nodded, looked at me like I was speaking alien....I dunno...But trust me I didnt come to the conclusion that he was a douche JUST from the hand thing.

woogexx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Your friend should have used her privilege as a relative to smack him upside the head and loudly proclaim what a dick he's being.

Jason....exactly! thats sooo what I would have done...the girl was wasted tho....could barely even hold a convo...

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You ae making a big gereralization that this has anything to do with being gay. It has to do with how you were raised and if you were taught manners. Sadly most people were not!

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
no ... I think this guy was just a jerk ... as sadly, most gay guys are

that's why all my friends are straight; gays just tend to be nut jobs

Ah, Nick. I thought we were buds. I'm about as gay as you can get but I'm very down to earth. I totally disagree that that makes me boring, too. I just don't find drug-fucked, adolescent behaviour interesting. But I guess that makes me less interesting.

...but I'm still an awesome fuck!!!:tongue:

kudo451

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This whole thread is so sad.

No doubt!! I'm still stuck on how a guy who generalizes an entire people group has the stones to call himself either down to earth or even cute??:confused:

I am not even going to try to justify what your girlfriend's cousin did or didn't do to you but one guy does not the entire gay culture define. As a member of the "no time to worry about being cute because I don't fit any gay stereotypes" subgroup, let me just say you really don't sound any different than the guy you are putting down. But it seems fairly obvious that the fact that you attribute it to his being gay or cute is just sour grapes on your part because you didn't get to first base with him. Admit it.:tongue:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ah, Nick. I thought we were buds. I'm about as gay as you can get but I'm very down to earth. I totally disagree that that makes me boring, too. I just don't find drug-fucked, adolescent behaviour interesting. But I guess that makes me less interesting.

...but I'm still an awesome fuck!!!:tongue:

goes without saying --- you're one of the exceptions that proves the rule

one guy does not the entire gay culture define.

true, one example doesn't define a class ... vast, numerous examples do

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No doubt!! I'm still stuck on how a guy who generalizes an entire people group has the stones to call himself either down to earth or even cute??:confused:

I am not even going to try to justify what your girlfriend's cousin did or didn't do to you but one guy does not the entire gay culture define. As a member of the "no time to worry about being cute because I don't fit any gay stereotypes" subgroup, let me just say you really don't sound any different than the guy you are putting down. But it seems fairly obvious that the fact that you attribute it to his being gay or cute is just sour grapes on your part because you didn't get to first base with him. Admit it.:tongue:
That's what I was hinting at. On a regular basis, I see people who get offended when someone treats them the way they treat so many others.

The thread title would seem to indicate that the OP is rather shallow; getting a taste of it from the other side isn't that fun, eh?