Do fathers have a different moral standard for their sons versus their daughters?

rrkrd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When my father knew I was having sex as a teen he was quite ok with it and it didnt seem to matter to him that this wasnt the first person with who I had been intimate;as long as I was using condoms.

He also told me when he was a young man he had been intimate with several women

But with my sister he was not okay and tried to break up her and her boy friend.

It seems that a lot of dads have different standards for their sons versus their daughters

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it comes down to the macho thing of the Dad wanting his son to be the big king of the cock as it were and be able to bed so many women and be able to boast about it to all the other guys around town to show that yeah, my son is the best and he came from my loins kind of deal. Of coarse the double standard there is that the son can enjoy his sex and his sexuality in the eyes of the father but his daughter must be kept chaste and virtuous in his eyes until the right man come along.

Its the case of the man is a stud but the woman is a whore when it comes to enjoying sex and sexuality and it bleeds into how they want to raise their respective offspring when it comes to their gender.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When my father knew I was having sex as a teen he was quite ok with it and it didnt seem to matter to him that this wasnt the first person with who I had been intimate;as long as I was using condoms.

But with my sister he was not okay and tried to break up her and her boy friend.

It seems that a lot of dads have different standards for their sons versus their daughters

Yeah--daughters can get knocked up by men-- fathers don't approve of. Fathers want the best guy for their daughters. They don't want some knuckle knot fucking with their daughters.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
this is a sore point in my house right now, with my ex being a bit of a fashion nazi on our daughter.

my take on it is this...he knows what guys are thinking when they look at a girl! he knows how little respect men often feel towards a girl who is seen as easy or cheap. he knows how they mentally undress and such. and the idea of guys thinking that way about his innocent little angel makes him very, very uncomfortable! he wants the world to see her as he does.

...but she wants just thinks he's mean.

poor guy. it's not easy being a dad.

SpiceFromIndia

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I guess there has to be double standard for the mere reason that both are seperate entity both physically and mentally. If something happens, its the girl who carries the baby not guy. If nature is not equal in making them there is no equality. however both complement each other and the double standard by dads is for protection.

Media
I think one of the primary reasons is that they don't really mind when their son is obsessed with sex, but they don't want their daughter being used for sex by a like-minded guy when they know they don't have respect for their daughter. They hate all the assholes like that except their own i guess, just like all parents.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Having 4 older brothers and being the only girl...there is a double standard on a lot of things. But my dad wasnt for my brothers being sexually active either. He was, and still is, more concerned for my safety as a female. He didn't have to worry as much about a pack of brothers walking around the city, but this little girl wasnt allowed to do much of anything like that- obviously.

He hated it when i walked my dogs in the middle of the night. He just worries about things like that.

iluvbigheads

Just Browsing
Media
I'm not so sure this is a double standard here...I think its more of a protective state of mind, of course fathers do not want their daughters to be a notch on the bedpost...meanwhile a son is treated a little different in that he gets the father - son talk about making babies. BUT guys know how guys are, they are constantly looking for a hole to fuck...I think poor dad is trying to save his daughter from this dilemma.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm not so sure this is a double standard here...I think its more of a protective state of mind, of course fathers do not want their daughters to be a notch on the bedpost...meanwhile a son is treated a little different in that he gets the father - son talk about making babies. BUT guys know how guys are, they are constantly looking for a hole to fuck...I think poor dad is trying to save his daughter from this dilemma.

That is a pretty good definition of a double standard. Also, it is funny, the son can put a notch on the bedpost with the name of some other guy's daughter, but god forbid if it is his.

In many ways it teach is girls how to lie and deceive men, starting with their fathers.

Jaxence

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Im ALL for equal rights and standards, but i gotta admit, i already know that when i become a dad, i'll be proud of my son having sex, but mortified at the fucker who touches my daughter lol

I think its just a built in dad app lol

iluvbigheads

Just Browsing
Media
I wouldn't consider it a double standard whatsoever...I wouldn't encourage my son to go around banging whoever he could for sport like some guys are saying on here. I'm saying, Dad will talk to son and say, "hey, you don't go around making babies and what goes around comes around." As for a daughter, no father in his right mind would suggest he isn't protective of the daughter.

B_nyvin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Fear of pregnancy is much greater coming from the girl's actions. Plus even if it is father/son...guys understand how guys are better then guys understand how girls are.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Hmm, for me it would have less to do with the sex of the child, and more to do with their role in the relationship. I want for my child, male or female, to be the dominant in all aspects of their relationships; sexually, financially, etc. Because of this, I'm uncomfortable with my, hypothetical child being penetrated. I can't see someone be penetrated and remain the dominant person in a relationship.

If I have a daughter, who's sexual preferences trend towards her being penetrated I won't be supportive of her relationships. But, if she is the type who prefers to do the penetration, using a strap on or some other method, then I'm okay with it.

My, fictional daughter would be extremely goal and career oriented. Sexually she would almost always be the penetrator and prefer the dominant on top position when she is being penetrated. And preferably she would not consider it penetration, but consumption.

mariamluvsEMbig

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmm, for me it would have less to do with the sex of the child, and more to do with their role in the relationship. I want for my child, male or female, to be the dominant in all aspects of their relationships; sexually, financially, etc. Because of this, I'm uncomfortable with my, hypothetical child being penetrated. I can't see someone be penetrated and remain the dominant person in a relationship.

If I have a daughter, who's sexual preferences trend towards her being penetrated I won't be supportive of her relationships. But, if she is the type who prefers to do the penetration, using a strap on or some other method, then I'm okay with it.

My, fictional daughter would be extremely goal and career oriented. Sexually she would almost always be the penetrator and prefer the dominant on top position when she is being penetrated. And preferably she would not consider it penetration, but consumption.

ummmmmmm....... :haha:

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media

My ex husband is the same with my son as with my 5 daughters when it comes to them dating anybody and woe betide ANYONE that touches any of them! .............and i'm 10 x's worse than he is for them dating and .....NO THEY DON'T DO THAT!!:eek::eek: