Do fathers have a different moral standard for their sons versus their daughters?

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It does seem to be a biological imperative. And yes it constitutes a double standard, but as Tasha says, it is not only fathers who impose it.

That is why encouraging masturbation is critical for both sexes. If one can satisfy ones self safely and without censure, there is less danger of 'giving away' what needs to be held precious out of desperation. That is, one's health and one's single freedom.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
speaking as a dad with 3 sons- yes I am aware of it....there are times I am very glad I don't have a daughter....whew..

Tried to raise my sons to be RESPONSIBLE sexually period. Lets face it, I know they will have sex (lots of it?) and if they need condoms I keep a box....they can buy them but I would rather they have one than not...

look at the media- a woman a virgin at marriage- fine
a man a virgin at marriage- a wierdo? (look at the movie the 40 year old virgin)

I think the double standard is shifting slowly- women are a bit more empowered (the internet helps too) but we still have the glass ceiling and countries that keep women in veils so....

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What is wrong with you people? Why do you get so much delight from antagonizing me?
why do you assume my post was intended as antagonism?

i thought your post was intended as a joke.
...and you take my accusing you of having a sense of humour as a bad thing.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i think he was serious so you thinking it was a joke was apparently ridiculing him...
no it wasn't. it was a misunderstanding.

ridicule would be something like, ''haha! you actually believe that shite? what an idiot you are!''...it's deliberate and insulting.

he's a very grumpy man.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
no it wasn't. it was a misunderstanding.

ridicule would be something like, ''haha! you actually believe that shite? what an idiot you are!''...it's deliberate and insulting.

he's a very grumpy man.

How was what I wrote at all humorous? I admit it's a little odd, but not so odd that it should come off as a joke.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, perhaps some fathers do. However my situation was very different than most. I had my first sexual experience very early. I was married and a father at the end of my last year in high school. I started very young. Let me put it this way. When other kids were playing doctor, i was getting sued for malpractice. So my ex wife and i were very strict in that regard. Early on we instilled a strong faith in god with my son and daughter. So we never had to worry about their morals. They both waited till they got married to have children. My daughter didn't have a boyfriend till she was 17. He was her only boyfriend. They got married 4 years later. They both waited till they were married.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
If you want an outside opinion, it was so completely odd that it still feels like you're joking now.

How? I admit that it was a little odd, but it wasn't that odd. It wasn't that bizarre! I just said that I want for my children to have a higher status, both in and out of their relationship, than their partners, and how that would affect the way I viewed my daughters sexuality.

WHAT IS SO CRAZY ABOUT THAT!?

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
there is a double standard, that is just the way it is. men protect their women, it's instinct. my father just asked me to be somewhat selective, try not to fuck just because you or her just need to be fucked. and don't father any children until you are married. he also told me don't get used for what you got between your legs. he told me this after I had pretty much gone thru puberty and inherited a thick cock from him.