Do fathers have different attitudes about their sons having sex than their daughters?

rrkrd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As a teenage son my father gave me the lecture about making sure I used condoms . His attitude was that as young men it is normal to want and have lots of sex but use protection.

My older sister on the other hand was warned about having sex and dad waited at the door each time she got back from her date.

Do you think there is still a double standard as to how fathers treat their sons and daughters re dating and sex?

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
of course they do, if have a son, you only have to worry about one little prick. if you have daughters, you have to worry about every prick in town.

Over-reaching

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a teenage son my father gave me the lecture about making sure I used condoms . His attitude was that as young men it is normal to want and have lots of sex but use protection.

My older sister on the other hand was warned about having sex and dad waited at the door each time she got back from her date.

Do you think there is still a double standard as to how fathers treat their sons and daughters re dating and sex?
Yes, I think that attitude is still pretty common – though not of course universal, and varying in degree. I guess the reasons are partly primaeval, partly historical, partly a fear of pregnancy, partly perhaps even a desire on the part of some fathers to re-live their youth through their son. But of course, logically, it doesn't quite make sense...

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

A lot of fathers do treat daughters different from sons. In my case I only raised daughters, by the time my son came along into my life he was already an adult.
My daughters knew about sex and what the results could be if they were not careful, their stepmoms, aunts and grandmothers took care of most talks as I felt a little awkward. Even so we did at times have discussions like whenever they went on a date I'd remind them and even give them condoms so if they were with a boy and they wanted to have sex he couldn't use the excuse that he forgot the condom and had no money to get 1 or that it was too late to buy because the stores were all closed.

I grew up with only brothers, no sisters so no idea how dad would have done things with a daughter. I have though however seen other dads being real proud their son is fucking everything in sight and very upset when their daughter admits having had sex even once. I have gotten into verbal fights with these moronic men for having different standards.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A lot of fathers do treat daughters different from sons. In my case I only raised daughters, by the time my son came along into my life he was already an adult.
My daughters knew about sex and what the results could be if they were not careful, their stepmoms, aunts and grandmothers took care of most talks as I felt a little awkward. Even so we did at times have discussions like whenever they went on a date I'd remind them and even give them condoms so if they were with a boy and they wanted to have sex he couldn't use the excuse that he forgot the condom and had no money to get 1 or that it was too late to buy because the stores were all closed.

I grew up with only brothers, no sisters so no idea how dad would have done things with a daughter. I have though however seen other dads being real proud their son is fucking everything in sight and very upset when their daughter admits having had sex even once. I have gotten into verbal fights with these moronic men for having different standards.
I am glad yo do! The double standard thing is fucking ridiculous!

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
My mother taught us that "The guys are expected to make advances and push sex..... the girls are EXPECTED to say NO!" (there were only girls in our household...)

But I imagine had there been a boy in our house, dad would have bought his condoms for him and said, "Just don't bring an unwanted child into the world"

where as he told us girls: "I hope I've raised you smart enough to know better than to bring an unwanted child into the world" ... and we never even used the word condom in our house. (He said that AWAY from mother..... ) In front of mother he would say "Hey I was a young boy once... I know what they are thinking.. They are ALL thinking the same thing..."

Yes, double standards... yes they are wrong.

Last edited:

rber42

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i think so, more times than not a father is not going to look down on his son for having sex as he would his daughter fair or unfair,as a parent to a daughter, i dread the thought but its gonna happen with or wirhout my blessing as the feelings are instinctual (if thats a word lol) thats why im gonna teach her the things she wants and needs to know and the dangers and risks that could happen from being irresponsible and hopefully she will listen, but the same should go sons as well.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's funny until you find yourself a parent and living it. But I agree, young women should know about condoms and carry them if they are at all thinking about a boy that way.

Other methods of birth control have so many deleterious side effects for a young woman's health, at least in my case. So many times in my youngest stupidest phase I would have wished to have a rubber nearby and wasn't even supposed to know they existed, much less possess one.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i think my daughter's dad would worry less if she just told him she was gay. then he'd know she's less of a consequence risk than our son!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i think my daughter's dad would worry less if she just told him she was gay. then he'd know she's less of a consequence risk than our son!

this is true facts.

the only talk my dad ever had to suffer through was "avoid crazy women" followed by "no, i am not talking about your mother"

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
i think so, more times than not a father is not going to look down on his son for having sex as he would his daughter fair or unfair,as a parent to a daughter, i dread the thought but its gonna happen with or wirhout my blessing as the feelings are instinctual (if thats a word lol) thats why im gonna teach her the things she wants and needs to know and the dangers and risks that could happen from being irresponsible and hopefully she will listen, but the same should go sons as well.

blart.