Do fathers have different attitudes about their sons having sex than their daughters?

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So, in your mind it would seem that women are sexually passive and men sexually [aggressive]. Is that correct?

In my mind and in my experience...that's the way it works, biologically.

It wasn't really my choice. :wink:

==

In regards to the thread and from the father's viewpoint, it's "manly" for his son to be penetrating a woman with his cock and it's very "submissive" for his daughter to be penetrated by another man's cock.

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
In my mind and in my experience...that's the way it works, biologically.

It wasn't really my choice. :wink:

Biologically?

This maybe more about semantics than perception - Would I be right in saying that for you the term 'fucking' means the act of sticking penis in vagina? Or ass? Are male 'bottoms' not doing the fucking either?

That's not what I mean when I say fucking - I mean the whole mixed back of sex. And I certainly couldn't be accused of being passive during sex.

trunksisba

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The closest thing I ever got for a sex talk was "keep your legs closed" and that was said jokingly by my mom while watching 16 and pregnant and I was like 18. I never brought a boy home and haven't lost my virginity. My older brother lost his when he was 14 and I know for a fact that my parents, my dad included, were not proud or anything. They were pissed. Maybe that's because of his age. But I never personally experienced the double standard in this aspect that you guys are talking about. My older brother is now married and has told me if he has a daughter he's gonna freak out when she starts dating because of this though, but his son, whom he just had :D yay, he's not worried about at all. So he's gonna be the kind of dad who uses this double standard. Double standards are unfair and wrong, but they're gonna keep happening.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Biologically?

This maybe more about semantics than perception - Would I be right in saying that for you the term 'fucking' means the act of sticking penis in vagina? Or ass? Are male 'bottoms' not doing the fucking either?

That's not what I mean when I say fucking - I mean the whole mixed back of sex. And I certainly couldn't be accused of being passive during sex.

Yeah, when I say 'fucking' I'm talking about the act of penetration. To me, I wouldn't say foreplay, oral, etc. is 'fucking'. To me, that word in particular is more about actual intercourse.

During sex in general however, both people are definitely involved. Especially in things like foreplay, oral, kissing, hugging, etc. Just during the 'fucking' part, to me there is definitely one person who is in more of a passive role and another who is more in the active role. Nothing wrong with that either. I know I personally enjoy both... :wink:

Hence, the fucking/getting fucked statement in my first post. :tongue:

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
yes but they can get jealous of the gf

If your mother gets jealous of your girlfriend then I'd say your mother-son relationship is a little screwed-up. Maybe kinda Oedipal.

^This.... Mothers should not be jealous of son's (period.) and vice/versa.

Because my husband gave in to my daughter's every whim, and I was the one to say "No, you can't have...." or deny privileges, I was accused of being jealous of my daughter (by her). But not true. It's a joke really. I was the disciplinarian, she resented, and was just looking for excuses b/c she was (and always will be) a daddy's girl. (In the most appropriate of ways, of course.)

Sometimes that works the same for guys... a "jealous parent" is pretty much a parent in need of some therapy~

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The son is doing the fucking.

The daugther is getting fucked.

Probably their reason for concern.

+1

Both of my parents have always been way too overprotective of me, as opposed to my brother, especially when it came to sex.

The first time I had sex...I was 19 and lost it to my bf of 6 months (yes I made him wait 6 months). A few weeks before doing the deed, my mum came with me to get implanon (contraceptive implant). While she seemed cool with it then...when i went away with my bf for the weekend when I lost my v's...she would not talk to me at all and when I got back home she tried to kick me out all because I had sex for the first time! It was ridiculous.

Tho my dad wasn't happy about it either, he could see the rational side of it and when he got home he insisted that I stay.

To this day, I still could never talk about sex with my parents.

Also, I believe that in the past my mum has felt replaced (for lack of a better word) by boyfriends, and her insecurities have resulted in her hating my boyfriends and us fighting constantly. Since I've moved away from home it appears that this isn't the case anymore....

Last edited:

Thirdlegproduction

Formerly WhiteMonst3r
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wouldn't worry too much about a daughter of mine having sex it's more about the quality of the sex at least that's what I tell myself right now.

Her first time should not be at 15 in the back of a van or something, preferably whatever fantasy she has it should be fulfilled as closely as possible.

The double standard side of me would like her to be a virgin forever, but in this day of age that is very unlikely.

As for my sons, I wouldn't give a fuck as long as they respect their partners.

D_Dick_S_Lapp

Account Disabled
Media
With all the diseases and all around fuckedupness that goes around i would feel like less of a parent if i didn't use a shotgun when giving both my son and daughter the talk. The double standard hoovers hard. Cause last time i checked, anyone can catch something, anyone can have a child (now of course a guy can't have a child literally but if he's my son then he'll know what he has to do) and anyone can be emotionally scared by it.

So when it comes down to it i don't really see much of a difference. Ok wait...i might not give my daughter the talk cause yeah...only if i had to...but that may be left up to her mother with like me in the doorway with the shotgun going yup (loads a shell).

dcsurvivor92

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I don't have a daughter, but I told my son to make sure its wrapped up. I believe he's still a virgin though. My friends tell me he's a really good looking kid and I think so too, but I think he's just super shy with the ladies. He'll get there. He asks me, "Dad, am I ever gonna get my dick wet?"
My reply, "You will and when you do, things will never be the same. Trust me."

So yes, I think my approach with a daughter would be a lot different....

B_Nia88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My Daddy taught my brother to treat women with respect like he would any woman in his family but also told him that a woman should show the respect to him as the man he is and to respect his position. He taught me to find a man that respects women and that works hard and wants a family as once married I will have to answer to him as my husband thus my Daddy has to meet the man and approve of him.

Infernal

Superior Member
Media
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My partner freely admits he raised his 3 kids with a double standard. 2 boys, 1 girl. The boys fucked anyone they wanted, but he was furious when his daughter got pregnant at 21. She chose not to marry the guy because he's a looser, but she made the decision to have the twin girls and continue with her college education. The two boys are still out fucking everything with a vagina, and his daughter now has 2 beautiful little girls that are 4 years old, and she's managed to get two bachelors degrees and hold down a job.

Now when he tells me that he's disappointed that his daughter had premarital sex, got pregnant, and didn't get married, I remind him that at one point in his life, he had one man going out the back door while one was knocking on the front. He has no room to cast stones, even at his own children.