Do fathers have different attitudes about their sons having sex than their daughters?

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
Funny thing for me was that my mother was worse than my dad. She's very religious and gave me a hard time growing up every time I went out. Even when I went away to college she insists on drilling me about it. Basically she wants me to abstain from it till I meet the "right guy" who I've been with for a long time. Obviously that's not nor did happen. My dad was all about meeting the guy and making sure he understood a few things. Other than that it was, "Have good time sweety, not too late" from him. My mother was the one to greet me at the door if I was a couple minutes late and read me the riot act. I'm so glad I'm across the country and in school now and I can screen her calls and don't have to see her angry face when I walk in the door. Freeeeeedom!

My brothers got none of this. For them it was more about getting a hard time for drinking.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
M, I think college style binge drinking is more dangerous than having safe sex, health-wise. But it's true that a parent who is extra religious is going to give the kids more grief over sexual activity.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Several years ago a young employee of mine told me that many girls in his high school believed that by only giving blow jobs to boys, it was not sex. Duhh.

I like the way they think. :tongue:

But yes, there is still a double standard with parents.

bobg4400

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Several years ago a young employee of mine told me that many girls in his high school believed that by only giving blow jobs to boys, it was not sex. Duhh.

I like the way they think. :tongue:

But yes, there is still a double standard with parents.

Lol yeah the 'doesn't count as sex' still prevalent. Also the number of teens who have anal sex is increasing as they think that basically anything except vaginal penetration doesn't count as sex so they're still virgins.
It won't be long till they're all like this.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My daughter is 22 years old, and I believe my husband thinks she is still as chaste as a nun. While I don't want to think about it lest I dwell on it, I know otherwise. I've given her "the talk" in the 8th grade, which was too late as she probably could have corrected me on some things. Anyway, my mother gave me the talk right before my wedding (too late) and my father never said a word.

If I told Cap to have "the talk" with Pris he would have a nervous breakdown. Not that he's a prude, quite the opposite, but he's the embodiment of a double standard. I don't think he would know what to say. "Uh, don't do what I did, ok?"

bobg4400

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My daughter is 22 years old, and I believe my husband thinks she is still as chaste as a nun. While I don't want to think about it lest I dwell on it, I know otherwise. I've given her "the talk" in the 8th grade, which was too late as she probably could have corrected me on some things. Anyway, my mother gave me the talk right before my wedding (too late) and my father never said a word.

If I told Cap to have "the talk" with Pris he would have a nervous breakdown. Not that he's a prude, quite the opposite, but he's the embodiment of a double standard. I don't think he would know what to say. "Uh, don't do what I did, ok?"

You daughter had 'done it' by then?
That seems a bit young :rolleyes:

bobg4400

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
she didn't say that.

Well I wasn't sure how to interpret the bit about her daughter correcting her and it being 'too late' as her daughter 'doing it' or having just learned about it already from somewhere else. I thought I'd ask for clarification.

upone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do fathers have different attitudes about their sons having sex than their daughters?

Of Course They Do !

Well said.

I don't have any sons, so I don't talk to them.

My daughter talks to her mother about sex.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well I wasn't sure how to interpret the bit about her daughter correcting her and it being 'too late' as her daughter 'doing it' or having just learned about it already from somewhere else. I thought I'd ask for clarification.

allow me to translate

Ms. EllieP meant that when she gave her daughter the talk in the 8th grade her daughter already had most of the information Ms. Ellie had to offer, not that EllieP Jr had done any of those things.

might also be a side order of how early exposure to higher sexualized culture shapes a young person's attitude/knowledge of sex.

would almost bet Ms. Ellie was there to add a voice of experience, and more realistic attitude toward sex.

in other words.. awesome Mommying was done that day.

bobg4400

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
allow me to translate

Ms. EllieP meant that when she gave her daughter the talk in the 8th grade her daughter already had most of the information Ms. Ellie had to offer, not that EllieP Jr had done any of those things.

might also be a side order of how early exposure to higher sexualized culture shapes a young person's attitude/knowledge of sex.

would almost bet Ms. Ellie was there to add a voice of experience, and more realistic attitude toward sex.

in other words.. awesome Mommying was done that day.

Thanks for the translating.
How much do I owe you? :tongue:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks for the translating.
How much do I owe you? :tongue:

a peanut butter and jelly sammich.
with the crusts cut off.
and maybe use a cookie cutter...
cuz a dinosaur shaped PBJ would be all kinds of awesome.

eta: i am willing to share the sammich with you. :smile:

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That discribes my hubby amazingly well. Our girls are daddy's girls and they have him wrapped around their finger. But he has a twin and our girls are very much like my BIL own children .
I think my husband looks back on his own single days, and my BIL has never married. Dates or boyfriends have had to measure up and at the same time put to the microscope. My husband has always been a very involved father and that may be why the girls have the self confidence they do. Fathers are so important to girls, as well as boys.
But he's really never been the disciplinarian, that's left to me. I do think he has a difficult time seeing them as women.
When the girls were allowed to date, it was a rule that the boy had to come to the house, had to come to the door and come in. There dad was waiting and my husband would reiterate to them when she had to be home, where they could go or not go. My husband is a big guy and I know his intention was to be intimidating. He also expected the kid to extend his hand for a hand shake.
Then he'd wait a second to extend his hand ( just to make the kid sweat) and make sure he used a very firm grip.

Down deep I think he would have liked to kick the kid into next week and never have to deal with any of this again.
My oldest is unofficially engaged. They will pick a ring soon. Marriage when they are out of college.
These kids have been together for close to 3 years . Its taken a lot for my husband to finally accept this young man. But he has. And he has totally accepted him into the men's lair of he and his brother. They'll watch a game and recently the 3 of them were home watching something, when my other daughter came home with a guy. I kind of felt sorry for this new kid. Now there were 3. This kid was confronted by dad, uncle and accepted future family member. I don't know if this boy will one day be ' the one' , but he has a long, treacherous road in front of him..