Do gags really work?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are there any that actually work to reduce noise? Most of them appear to be about the psychology of the wearer and not actually functional for reducing vocal sounds.

And drooling? No, thank you.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I presume you mean ball gags. They "work" in as much as the person wearing one is rendered incapable of articulating words, though s/he can still make lots of noise.

They are a means to an end in terms of reinforcing a submissive stance, though personally I have always preferred other, more cerebral methods, myself. I classify ball gags along with most bondage toys, of which I'm not a fan. I enjoy kissing too much.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I presume you mean ball gags. They "work" in as much as the person wearing one is rendered incapable of articulating words, though s/he can still make lots of noise.

They are a means to an end in terms of reinforcing a submissive stance, though personally I have always preferred other, more cerebral methods, myself. I classify ball gags along with most bondage toys, of which I'm not a fan. I enjoy kissing too much.

Are there any gags that actually stifle noise? Like those that inflate inside the mouth (and are they uncomfortable?) Or should we just try duct tape? Does that work?

TheBF is planning a final getaway while I can still travel before the baby comes, to a sentimental location from our romantic past, and it dawned on me that I'm a noisy woman during sex and the place where we're staying wouldn't appreciate my sounds of appreciation of TheBF's skills.

Last edited:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Petite I wouldn't recommend duct tape, it has to come off eventually *ouch*

You could muffle your sounds in a pillow or I guess if you really wanted to try it you could stuff something cloth in your mouth and tie a gag around your head. That would muffle the noise somewhat and you wouldn't have to remember to bury your face in a pillow. Of course then you can't speak or kiss or anything... :eek:(

Last edited by a moderator:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Me too. And I rarely want to reduce noise. Generally, quite the opposite.

I like kissing, too, but his mouth is already busy when it's between my legs. :biggrin1:

Petite I wouldn't recommend duct tape, it has to come off eventually *ouch*

You could muffle your sounds in a pillow or I guess if you really wanted to try it you could stuff something cloth in your mouth and tie a gag around your head. That would muffle the noise somewhat and you wouldn't have to remember to bury your face in a pillow. Of course then you can't speak or kiss or anything... :eek:(

I hadn't thought of that! You're right, and then I'd probably have an obvious red mark on my face. That would be embarrassing, and probably not very attractive. :redface:

A pillow! Why didn't I think of that? Neither of us like it when I'm trying to be quiet because then I don't orgasm, which frustrates both of us. I thought that maybe a gag would solve the problem of allowing me to let go and not think listening to myself at the same time that we could be less loud than usual.

I thought, "Hey, maybe we could work the gag into some sort of fun role playing thing. I can think of LOTS of fun things to do with that..."

There's no way to eliminate sex noise

Ah, this might be the case. I actually don't know how loud we were the last time we stayed there or whether anyone could hear us, because no one complained, but it's completely booked this year, so there will be a lot more people to annoy than last time and we're staying longer this time. The possibility seems higher than ever that we'll end up intruding on someone else's romantic get-away and I didn't want to be rude.

Dominatricks

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
The problem that is presented is choking. When the mouth is cocked open drooling happens and can cause a problem if you lay them on their back. What i liked to do when I was a domme was take off my thigh high knot it up and make the knot tight, then take the other thigh high off and loop it through the other one and tie the second thigh high around the head to hold the other in place, shove it in their mouth and then use gaffers tape or duct tape over the mouth but make sure they can breathe through their nose, dna cleanup is much more of a job then ridding of noise.

it only limits the noise, it doesn't stifle it out totally but this is a sure fire way to shove panties and hose in a mans mouth and keep his bitch ass quiet too.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wouldn't a wide strip of blue painter's tape accomplish the same thing but without the nasty glue of duct tape?

hsarge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anatomically, you need to be careful about completely closing the mouth. Oddly there can be times of panic and possibly ecstasy when the air supply from the nose may not be sufficient. Unconsciousness can result and then involuntary gagging can occur. I'm not saying don't do it. But it is difficult to have a safe word in such circumstances.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was supposed to try mine and get back to you, wasn't I? I didn't get to play with it! I was so focused on sex that I forgot to take my gag with me.

But I'm guessing they'd have a similar effect to pillows and other bedding - they muffle the sound slightly but don't stop it. I've also found that biting my hand helps (although it leaves me with tooth marks).

Have a nice time away :smile:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The problem that is presented is choking. When the mouth is cocked open drooling happens and can cause a problem if you lay them on their back. What i liked to do when I was a domme was take off my thigh high knot it up and make the knot tight, then take the other thigh high off and loop it through the other one and tie the second thigh high around the head to hold the other in place, shove it in their mouth and then use gaffers tape or duct tape over the mouth but make sure they can breathe through their nose, dna cleanup is much more of a job then ridding of noise.

it only limits the noise, it doesn't stifle it out totally but this is a sure fire way to shove panties and hose in a mans mouth and keep his bitch ass quiet too.

Thank you for the advice.

yeah that would work better fosho....i like gaffers tape myself.

I'll look for it at the Home Depot.

Anatomically, you need to be careful about completely closing the mouth. Oddly there can be times of panic and possibly ecstasy when the air supply from the nose may not be sufficient. Unconsciousness can result and then involuntary gagging can occur. I'm not saying don't do it. But it is difficult to have a safe word in such circumstances.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the advice.

I was supposed to try mine and get back to you, wasn't I? I didn't get to play with it! I was so focused on sex that I forgot to take my gag with me.

But I'm guessing they'd have a similar effect to pillows and other bedding - they muffle the sound slightly but don't stop it. I've also found that biting my hand helps (although it leaves me with tooth marks).

Have a nice time away :smile:

It won't be for a few weeks. It's guess it has gotten more popular and we got the last room, and the only available room happens to be the only room we've ever stayed in. It's OUR ROOM. It was meant to be. :smile:

When TheBF suggested it, it made my heart melt. It's a truly romantic and sentimental gesture, deciding to revisit a special place where we fell in love to reconnect just before our baby comes. He's told me that he has a lot of other surprises planned, too. I'm so excited!

We've never been there when every room has been booked. I was hoping that we would indulge ourselves as much as it's possible for a pregnant lady and the man who loves her to enjoy themselves, and that usually means being really noisy. :redface:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It won't be for a few weeks. It's guess it has gotten more popular and we got the last room, and the only available room happens to be the only room we've ever stayed in. It's OUR ROOM. It was meant to be. :smile:

When TheBF suggested it, it made my heart melt. It's a truly romantic and sentimental gesture, deciding to revisit a special place where we fell in love to reconnect just before our baby comes. He's told me that he has a lot of other surprises planned, too. I'm so excited!

We've never been there when every room has been booked. I was hoping that we would indulge ourselves as much as it's possible for a pregnant lady and the man who loves her to enjoy themselves, and that usually means being really noisy. :redface:

What are the weather and landscape like there? You could always go for a little walk . . .

Outdoor sex might no be so comfortable with a baby belly though.

You might just have to stuff your mouth with bedding and hope the walls aren't too thin :tongue:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What are the weather and landscape like there? You could always go for a little walk . . .

Outdoor sex might no be so comfortable with a baby belly though.

You might just have to stuff your mouth with bedding and hope the walls aren't too thin :tongue:

I might try that. I'm also going to try out the tape idea before we leave, maybe a little role playing scenario. :tongue:

TheBF just told me that he's unconcerned about making too much noise. He doesn't care.

I love that in a girl. Or guy. :biggrin1:

I think TheBF does, too. I don't think that other people like listening to that, though. :redface:

There are men who are that loud during sex? I've never been with a loud guy before.

Last edited:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I might try that. I'm also going to try out the tape idea before we leave, maybe a little role playing scenario. :tongue:

TheBF just told me that he's unconcerned about making too much noise. He doesn't care.

HE might not care, but I'm pretty sure the other guests will. And he will care if you get chucked out for being too noisy!

I LIKE the thought that other people can hear me, but logic-brain tells me it's not always a good thing . . .

I think TheBF does, too. I don't think that other people like listening to that, though. :redface:

There are men who are that loud during sex? I've never been with a loud guy before.

I've never been with a loud guy either.