Do Gay Americans Like British Accents?

hotboymatty

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi i was just wondering if American gay guys liked British accents?

I am thinking of moving to NYC and was just wondering what sort of response I would get from guys, just from the way i speak.

Some mates in the Uk have said that they go wild for the way we speak!!!

Any thoughts? :smile::smile:

Adam875

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yes, I can say from several visits to the US that they do find the English accent a turn-on: "say, I like your air-cent", "hey, you sound reel coot" and so on, to "it's the way English should be spoken". All of which does my ego a power of good, but at the same time makes me self-conscious and often gives a feeling of being more 'foreign' than I'd feel in a European country.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If it's not a strong accent it can be charming. Sometimes I can't understand what you people are saying.

I knew a guy from the UK many years ago, he came here after 21, but he had his American accent down so well that I did not even know that he was not American.

Last edited:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Oddly enough, I agree with Jason on that one.

The accent really does depend on the tone of the voice, the speed, and the overall appearance of the person.

The right accent can make this particular member shiver with excitment, but it can also leave me cold.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Do people from the UK find American accents annoying, because at times UK accents do bother me. I just saw an interview with a British couple here on their honeymoon when their hotel burned down in the keys, both their accents were unattractive.

I also find certain American regional accents unattractive, but I'm asking of the generic California newscaster accent.

That being said accents are usually not a deal breaker for me.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i think everyone, gay, straight, bi, male, female, whatever like accents. when i first moved to florida, some peoples loved my rhythmic hawaiian accent, some didn't.

me, on the other hand, i love australian and south african accents. i work by pork everglades, and a lot of peoples from australia and south africa work on the boats and shopped at my old store.

Media
There are times when an accent makes it difficult to understand what that person is trying to convey.
I have met many Aussies for example who's accent's were very heavy. I have had to ask them to explain their colloquialisms, but other than that I find it charming.

There are southern drawls that I have a bit of difficulty understanding but I muddle through just the same.

To answer the question from OP. Yes, I do.

Adam875

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think my best US experience was being greeted by a guest house owner in Virginia with an outstretched hand and:" Waal, Ah sure airm glaad to see ya!" Absolutely classic, and worth travelling all the way from UK just to hear.

D

deleted213967

It can be really hot when not exaggerated.

What really drives me up the wall is the BBC News ultra-constipated accent: even if they're announcing the end of the world, I have to turn it off.

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LOL. that's like asking if gay guys like ketchup on their burgers. everyone's got different tastes. :tongue:

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hotboymatty - Americans seem to like British accents a lot - but they can't tell one from another! If you have a Home Counties Accent (coming from Brighton) Americans will like you - but if you tell them you are Scots or Irish or a northerner they will believe you! They don't know their Brighton from their Manchester!

While you are in America do take time to teach the colonials how to speak properly. They need all the help they can get.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
When I was in Denver last, I saw quite a bit of action, a lot to do with my accent, which to most in the UK feel is from the South Yorkshire area, though all of my life I have lived in Nottingham / Derby.

Even had a very pleasing comment from one lass about my size and how long I could keep hard :)