Do gay guys actually have sex in public at gay bars?

timbuktu

1st Like
Media
And I don't mean in the bathroom (straights do that) and I don't mean bathhouses.

My buddy told me that he sees perfectly normal gay guys having oral, anal, you-name-it in gay bars on the reg. That shocked me and I wasn't sure if it was just the bars he frequents or if that's actually a normal occurrence.

Is it true? Is it that standard?

Reactions: Voltaire

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There are SOME limited bars where "open" sex takes place but they're usually dark, large places with areas of shadow. It's not as though guys are fucking under the spot lights or on the bar top.
Usually the leather type bar is more conducive to this but truly far and few between.
And BTW there are similar straight bars, so don't judge, ok

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've seen it once in a while. I know a few places that used to have playrooms out of the main view of the bar, but they shut those down because the police would raid them and send in undercover guys to make busts. It was just easier on the bar if pdas were limited to kissing lips instead of cocks. It has been many years since I've seen it - the last time was probably in a male strip club in DC called Wet. It has been torn down to build the Washington Nationals stadium. The strip area was near where home plate is now. It looks different now with Bryce Harper there instead of a stripper, but time marches on.

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It depends on what kind of bar it is. The vast majority of them, no, you won't see that. They're just bars like any other where the clientele happen to be gay men.

But there are other places where that can happen, and the guys who go there know exactly what they're getting into and are there specifically for it. It would only be in the kind of major megacities that can support a diversity of gay nightlife where some venues are tamer and some are wilder.

Otep

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I'd never seen a bar like that in real life until I went to NYC. I was staying with some friends and we decided to check out the nearest gay bar. I didn't even notice anything was different until I saw a staircase leading to the dark basement with some guys going down there. I had to ask if there was another bar downstairs and the guy just looked at me and chuckled.

Reactions: hungbull90

timbuktu

1st Like
Media
so basically it occurs, but not nearly as often as i was led to believe lol. the guy i was talking to made it sound like if you went out to five gay bars on a Friday night, you'd see somebody getting railed at some point.

DeApollo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Rawhide in N.O. Back in the day there was sex all over the bar and back rooms. One time I had a line of guys waiting to suck me off, great ego boost!

Reactions: Voltaire

hvdude

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In all the years I lived in NYC I can honestly say I never saw anyone having sex in any of the bars. Ever. The owners/managers always did a great job of ensuring everyone was having a good time without offending others. There used to be sex clubs, but that is a different story.

I did see blow job action in some of the 1980’s dance bars. As noted above, it was a limited occurrence and usually done in a dark area. Actors were generally assumed to be drunk or high.

I have a well-traveled friend who describes a kind of bars he visited in the US (not too long ago) that came with a blowjob service. He didn’t indicate it was a private club. Patrons would just stand at the bar and drink while someone in a trench below the bar would take out their (the drinkers) dick, take it off, and then zip it up. I always envisioned there was something like a Jiffy Lube pit below the bar. Blow jobs were free an intended to be enjoyed by both parties. Guys in the pit would sometimes fight over a choice piece of meat.

The same friend also described numerous bars in places like the Philippines where male/female sex shows were common and audience participation was invited. Fellow airmen often took other U S Air Force members to these places to celebrate special events. Sometimes they were expected to perform on stage to demonstrate a right of passage.

Tall Rocker

Experimental Member
Media
I've seen it happening in bars in Europe, (Spain:1, Italy: 2 and Germany: 2) and Australia ... one bar in Atlanta was made for it with dark cubicles everywhere... another one in Minneapolis. None of them were places you'd want to see with the lights on.

conclave27

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Your not supposed to in the states. If the authorities catch this behavior at a bar, they can shut it down. However, if there are area where someone can just hang out.... hj, jo, and bjs, do happen. Personally I have seen this. The most action was in a stall for quick f*** (not me). Most guys were like jokingly "Good Luck woo-hoo", "Remember people got to poo soon, so hurry up", and "my turn next", Yet it probably goes on in str8 locales too... we all know of the mile high club and other public stuff.

BlueMoose2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you go to the Eagle in NYC you will see something happening 100% of the time. There is a least 1 guy getting head or most recently i saw this guy bent over getting fucked during gay pride at the eagle. crazy bar.

Tall Rocker

Experimental Member
Media
If you go to the Eagle in NYC you will see something happening 100% of the time. There is a least 1 guy getting head or most recently i saw this guy bent over getting fucked during gay pride at the eagle. crazy bar.

The Eagle !! That's the name of the bar in Atlanta I was talking about with the cubicles.

Reactions: Thexlastxcall