Do gay guys actually have sex in public at gay bars?

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you're excluding bathrooms, it's only in really select spaces, such as the men only gay bars and the sex bars, which tend to have dark rooms. I normally avoid the super sexualised places as I'm not the biggest fan of anonymous sex, particularly if I can't see the guy.

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Rare in the US. Usually, you find it in bars with "back rooms." Never seen anything happen in the main bar area in NYC, Chicago, or Atlanta.

Il Guy... I moved to Atlanta from San Francisco in 1978. Although the bar scene was tamer than SF Ms. P's in Atlanta had a fairly busy bathroom. As I remember it was one large room with stalls and urinals and in the middle of the room was one commode that was used by those patrons who were there to be pissed on. On a Friday or Saturday night there was a line up to get in that room.
As someone moving to the south from SF and the bars like the round up I always said the Atlanta bars were not really leather they were more naugahyde!

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And I don't mean in the bathroom (straights do that) and I don't mean bathhouses.

My buddy told me that he sees perfectly normal gay guys having oral, anal, you-name-it in gay bars on the reg. That shocked me and I wasn't sure if it was just the bars he frequents or if that's actually a normal occurrence.

Is it true? Is it that standard?

This depends on many things. But first, let's be clear. Straight people fuck everywhere including clubs and including gay clubs. I have seen it. So what's shocking to you is sex in bars, not gay sex in bars, you probably just aren't the type to screw in a bar regardless. Gay bars are havens from a world that still kills us with impunity for having sex period most places in the world including the U.S. and Canada.

The traditional cruising bar was a safer space for us to meet, hook up, stay there or go home but that forced no one into dangerous choices. The sex we were having there and still do in some cases is illegal. Always has been. Toronto struck down bawdy house laws 10 years ago making it legal for the first time.

So why the big deal? Well, cruising is part of our culture just like drinking at prom and making poor life decisions or any of the liquored up social rituals of sex and dating hetero culture enjoys. Online has not replaced it well or even partiality well. It's not just sex. It's a whole social ritual that established and kept norms.

Most cruising bars in NA are closed, the gay villages that surrounded them collapsing under rising rents and out of control development. Europe is a different kettle of fish all around. They have little of the Puritanism that infects the soul of America still. It is part of human celebration of life that sex is a ritual in for all humans pre Christian. I believe it keeps us alive.

OKCLane

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There have always been places like this. Dark patios. Secluded rooms. Curtained booths. A few where it’s out in the open. These are not secret venues and no one is surprised at what’s happening unless they transported down from the Enterprise.

cockdrainer69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dirty Dicks in Amsterdam is a small bar with a back area (completely open to the bar) with corners and a few cubicles. The upstairs is just an open area but there is a great in the floor where guys were encouraged to piss through onto the guy in a bath tub below! Not making it up!
I love dirty dicks in Amsterdam and cuckoos nest

mikemikenj

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have had so much sex at The Cock & The Eagle here. Literally got several blowjobs at the bar, fucked in the middle of the bar bareback, got serviced by gogo boys in plain view, and in the bathrooms had bareback fun as well where there's like a non-stop orgy, and let me not even get started about the basement.....;)

Auggiecakes

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And I don't mean in the bathroom (straights do that) and I don't mean bathhouses.

My buddy told me that he sees perfectly normal gay guys having oral, anal, you-name-it in gay bars on the reg. That shocked me and I wasn't sure if it was just the bars he frequents or if that's actually a normal occurrence.

Is it true? Is it that standard?

Go to “the cock” in Manhattan. Pay your 25.00 cover charge and go straight downstairs. Wear boots.

Jake4fun3

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
First time ever giving a BJ was at a local gay bar. Was nervous going in not really knowing what to expect. Bar was totally empty. Was about 3:am and just me and bartender. We talked a bit. Told him I was curious about things. He asked me if I wanted to see his cock. Was literally shaking when I finally admitted to him and myself that, yes, I did. He came around the bar and locked front door and I instinctively got on my knees and opened the zipper on his jeans and held his cock in my hand. He was semi-hard and felt it get harder as I held it. I took the plunge and put the hard, beautiful cock in my mouth and it felt totally natural. It was fucking amazing. Good memories.

luke1919

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have had so much sex at The Cock & The Eagle here. Literally got several blowjobs at the bar, fucked in the middle of the bar bareback, got serviced by gogo boys in plain view, and in the bathrooms had bareback fun as well where there's like a non-stop orgy, and let me not even get started about the basement.....;)

I will be in NYC on July 5th for a day but I see I won’t be there when the bars open sadly :( do you know if there are any bathhouses that will be open during the day?

D

deleted1074483

well in the days when I was a regular on the club and bar scene in London, most definitely guys had sex openly in some places - you knew what sort of places they were generally. I had a friend who was into the rubber scene and he wore the backless/frontless shorts under his jeans, so that when he got to the bar he'd take them off and bare both his ass and dick, and often said he go from fucking one guy to the next at the bar.

Not so sure it still happens?? been a long time since I went to such bars:-0

Back in the 80s and 90s it would happen all the time at certain clubs here in Toronto. The Toolbox was notorious for this. There was a back patio with a 'maze' where all kinds of cruising and sex would happen. When they hosted their 'naked' nights, it would seem to happen even more. There were all kinds of dark corners where all sorts of things happen - I've even seen a few guys get fisted there. The Black Eagle is still around and it still happens in the backrooms.

MountainFire

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Doesn’t XXL in London have a dark room?

yes, huge darkroom with one sling and cage

I was there few times but people are mostly walking/looking....of course people are also having sex but its a huge club and huge darkroom so you would expect to see more people having sex there

First time there it was funny because I was walking around and suddenly was surprised to see 50+ (or even more) people just standing (and probably touching) in one corner :joy: I was like 'wtf is going on there' but nothing interesting was happening...guys probably just love to be close in the dark :joy:

Reactions: OKCLane

Beanie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
yes, huge darkroom with one sling and cage

I was there few times but people are mostly walking/looking....of course people are also having sex but its a huge club and huge darkroom so you would expect to see more people having sex there

First time there it was funny because I was walking around and suddenly was surprised to see 50+ (or even more) people just standing (and probably touching) in one corner :joy: I was like 'wtf is going on there' but nothing interesting was happening...guys probably just love to be close in the dark :joy:
Honestly never been there so I don’t know. But your explanation if the uk dark rooms make sense. I’ve been in a ‘good few’ international dark rooms and they are a hell of a lot more fun than the UK ones sound.

Rustyridge

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes they do. I used to go to a gay bar by st louis Missouri that guys did. It was great there. Guys would come in there in a short and underwear was all. The later it got the less clothes they had on. Open sex on the tables and the bar. It was a great place.

cedarizzo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes they do. I used to go to a gay bar by st louis Missouri that guys did. It was great there. Guys would come in there in a short and underwear was all. The later it got the less clothes they had on. Open sex on the tables and the bar. It was a great place.

Faces in East St. Louis? We used to go there (many years ago) and always had a great time in the basement.