Do gay guys know what to do with thier hair?

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
If you are gay, you find men attractive. So, when it comes to confidence issues, do gay men know how hot they are just by looking in the mirror? I ask because obviously there are people who have issues with how they look, they may or may not know how good or bad they look. So do gay guys already know? Just by looking in the mirror? Or do you too have problems figuring out if you are attractive or not?

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
If you are gay, you find men attractive. So, when it comes to confidence issues, do gay men know how hot they are just by looking in the mirror? I ask because obviously there are people who have issues with how they look, they may or may not know how good or bad they look. So do gay guys already know? Just by looking in the mirror? Or do you too have problems figuring out if you are attractive or not?

I am not so sure what you mean...could you rephrase? thanks

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think this isn't a gay issue... I think it's an everyone issue. People generally tend to think they have faults...some mask by being cocky or arrogant, but they still have insecurities. HOWEVER, a person generally knows whether they are attractive or not...but they do not know to what degree. People have varying tastes... I always say.."just cuz' your momma says you're pretty...doesn't mean you are" :)

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't actually know. Is'nt there some difference between what a person sees in the mirror and what other people see looking directly at them unless the face is perfectly symetrical. I know that the ride side of my face looks uglier than my left side in my own opinion when i hold a hand over each side to look.

The downside of looking in the mirror too much is that you are so often reminded of any flaws you have like OC mentioned and that has an underestimating effect on your own opinion sometimes.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think this isn't a gay issue... I think it's an everyone issue. People generally tend to think they have faults...some mask by being cocky or arrogant, but they still have insecurities. HOWEVER, a person generally knows whether they are attractive or not...but they do not know to what degree. People have varying tastes... I always say.."just cuz' your momma says you're pretty...doesn't mean you are" :)

Well, OCMuscleJock. your momma says you're pretty and I sure as heck say you're pretty. so, well, there ya go....you are pretty!

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
I guess it makes sense that what you see and what others see may be different. I always figured, if I was a little more gay I could tell whether my haircut looked like crap or not! lol. I just can't tell where I am on the atractivness scale. I wouldn't say I'm confident or unconfident either way. But I figured maybe it would be easier if you kinda know what makes a man more or less attractive.

They say, for men and women at least, that people of equal attractivness tend to get together. So for me, when it comes to a hot girl I get scared and nervous cuz I don't think I'm good enough. but with a ugly girl I'm fine because I think I look better. I just wish I knew exactly where I am on that scale. I guess you guys can't tell either. Its like a psychologist self diagnosing you just can't do it.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What I see reflected in the mirror is determined primarily by my mood at any given time.

What this has to do with my hair is beyond me, however :confused:

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
What I see reflected in the mirror is determined primarily by my mood at any given time.

What this has to do with my hair is beyond me, however :confused:

Lol, i just named the thread that because I HATE my hair. Any barber I go to just doesn't know what to do with it and they always ask me, and I tell them "just do whatever you think will make it look decent"".

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Lol, i just named the thread that because I HATE my hair. Any barber I go to just doesn't know what to do with it and they always ask me, and I tell them "just do whatever you think will make it look decent"".

Try the shaved-bald look. It's no-muss, no-fuss.

big_tits4big_dicks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Oh dear, this is how you get a fab haircut. Ask a friend that has good looking hair where they get it, or even someone on the street with awesome hair. I'm not here to knock barbers by any means, but if you want something a bit more with the trends, a stylist might work better. And don't try to fight your hair to much, it is going to do what it wants unless you are willing to go through a fair amount of work. Gel is usless, don't buy it. Try waxes and pomaids, but not all are equal. If you hate one, figure out what you hate about it and buy a different one because it can be night and day. If you have any questions feel free to ask, getting tarted up is what I do best!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think everyone has issues with their self-confidence depending on what is going on with their life and the issues they are facing based on their own fears and what others say or do to perpetuate them.
In terms of my own hair it has been an ongoing issue with me because my hair has a history of entering the room before I do for better or for worse. It seems to be the thing that most people remember me for despite the fact I think I have an intellect and/or wit that should outshine my hair.

Denverbearmark

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Gay guys may only seem better put together or knowledge of where they are on a scale because of catty friends who tell like it is! But honestly, as a bear of a guy, I came to understand that various people find other people attractive. There is not an universal scale out there, as much as the media would have us believe.

Two things help solidify this belief/attitude for me. I lost a significant amount of weight about 5 years ago, and now there are guys that use to be interested in me, who don't notice me out at bars. I realized that while I am still not thin, there are guys who like my big bear look who would not be interested in me if I was thin.

Another was one night watching a group of cute twink guys at the baths chasing a very hot late twenties muscle guy. He was not the least bit interested in them and only went for guys shaped like me, but about 10-15 years older than me. This group of twinks were soooo funny to watch them parade and flaunt and get flustered by getting absolutely no attention from this guy. I thought again, "Different attractions for everyone."

Finally, I am a guy that finds attitude to be the key factor in attractiveness. A great fun sense of life, and willingness to have a good time, is much more important than looks.

ColoradoGuy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I thought again, "Different attractions for everyone."

Yes. I know a few gay guys with bad hair, hair plugs, and no hair. I don't think any of them rock the haircut thing. Yet, it doesn't appear to stop any of them from being found attractive by someone.

Maybe you should stop worrying about your hair and work with something you can control: smile more.

scottredleter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, OCMuscleJock. your momma says you're pretty and I sure as heck say you're pretty. so, well, there ya go....you are pretty!

OC M. Jock is so fucking pretty I can't get to sleep at night...
As far as what to do with hair?... I know what to do, cut it all off!
Nothing makes you look better than self confidence.
Beware of 'bad mirrors' they can give you a false idea that yo are not attractive, because it leaves a bad impression in your mind that you carry around with you all day.

big_tits4big_dicks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Self esteem is the sexiest thing, not the hair. I used to weigh 60 pounds more, but that didn't stop me from getting any guy I wanted. I always acted like me, not like a "fat girl" So no one ever saw me as that. If girls blow you off for not looking the way they want, fuck em! It took me 8 years for my fashion sense to rub off on my husband...But if I would have ignored him for dressing like a dork where would I be? The only girls worth giving a fuck about are the ones that think the sun shines out your ass, even when you need a trim, or could lose 10 pounds, or still wears that damn stained Rush Tee shirt. I always act like I know I'm fabulous (not overbearing, just a healthy outlook) and others will believe it. People think I do it to intimidate, but really I love meeting someone that thinks the same. Maybe I hang out with to many drag queens...

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Q: Do gay guys know what to do with their hair?

A: I wash it with a psoriasis/dandruff shampoo. And I rinse. Repeat again with shampoo. Then I comb through it to descale scalp. Then I rinse again. Dry hair with towel. Then, I use DUDLEY'S Q+ Skin and Scalp Lotion on my hair. Then, I smell really good like cloves, eucalyptus, and camphor for an afternoon. :smile:

I get a haircut once every two weeks.