Do gay guys prefer to wear pink

Dareios

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A few guys have hinted in the right direction, Pieter, and between brackets ... your question is not silly as it has been on my wondering list as well for a very long time.

The orgin of colours dates indeed back to the Ancient World were pink was considered to be the colour for girls, blue for boys. Pink being the colour for girls has to do with the 'assemblage' of the human body as it hints towards the later monthly menstruationcycle.

Whether or not, Hitler was the first to introduce the pink triangle is a question I leave in the middle - probably not as he was not original in nothing he did, so he probably will have copied this as well - fact is that pink has been associated with gay guys for a period far longer than Hitler.

Why then is pink associated with gays?

Here, the answer to the question is bifold:

1. Gay guys is many layers of society are still considered to be more girly than straight guys are; you cannot ignore that the general tendancy still often is that they are effiminate. Yet, mensturation cycles is something they will never have, hence the color which approaches red the best.

2. A dick, having its foreskin pulled back, looks somewhat pinkish, hence the colour refers to the sexual preferences.

For those who are now going to say that female genitals look pinkish too... yet, a dick displays itself pink in state of erection as the foreskin pulls back automaticaly; hence the pinkish colour of the head becomes visible, hence the gay men displays a preference for pink.

Kind regards,

strike4

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
OP stands for "original poster."

Sorry for being so aggressive. I'll try to keep that quality in the bed, not the thread.

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My dad went and got all "trendy" just after he and my mother divorced, and he got himself a pink shirt. It was lovely, except he insisted on pairing it with light grey perma press trousers and white slip ons.. oh yes.. I said white slip-ons!!

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
AT the beginning of the the 20th century, pink was actually considered a color for boys. NJTQ is the most accurate, though, with her link between WWII, the pink triangle that the Nazis imposed on homosexuals, and taking back the symbol after WWII.

If you were in a tropical climate - e.g. the Caribbean or India or even Miami, FL - you would see many men wearing pink. On darker skin, the pink color has a better contrast.

D_Ollyvalle Treegirth

Account Disabled
Media
True, strike4, not the greatest thread. Still, Ill answer.
I dont wear pink but I just don't happen to like that color. i think its association with gay men dates from decades ago, when a lot of equally silly stereotypes prevailed.

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
being serious... I think wearing pinks depends on your skin color. normaly taned or brownish people look better in pink than white people. if a blond white rosy woman wears pink, she will MOST definitely LOOK like miss piggy... SO, no anger or anything against PINK.. it just doesn't go with my skin...

SCSea

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wrangler, in a nod to breast cancer awareness, sponsors a fundraiser/promo at rodeos around the US on Friday nights - "Tough Enough To Wear Pink". I *highly* suggest that the OP go wander through one night and ask some of the guys in pink if they like to suck dick.

Note: I look great in pink (I'm very fair) and my mom has recurrent boobaloma, so I wear nothing *but* pink shirts during Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October). I do smoke pole, but I'm also probably big enough and cranky enough to kick your homophobic ass. ;0)

E

Captain Elephant

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have this pink shirt that happens to be one of my favorites. But when I wear it into the studio there's always going to be someone who pipes up something like "pretty secure in your sexual identity, eh Cap?"

I want to respond "not really, but your insecurity is quite obvious."

BikerGirlnAtl

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pink is only a color...it just so happens to be one of my favorites. I often times dress to my mood so why put a restriction on what colors someone should or shouldn't wear.

I personally think pink looks really hot on guys.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
We always linked the color pink too gay guys... I also own a pink shirt and I don't think it looks gay.

No. I don't link the wearing of pink with gayness. I remember office shirts of this color being worn in the UK and I used to wear a pink shirt too once upon a time. Now lavender is the closest color to pink that I possess. I had to laugh when I overheard a co-worker of mine stating "Real men do not wear pink shirts" one day. I found his opinion to be ridiculous.

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love it when straight men wear pink... because of the whole "pink is gay" bs... they don't buy in to it which would indicate they're open minded, non-homophobic (how many homophobes do you ever see in pink? lol) etc.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
being serious... I think wearing pinks depends on your skin color. normaly taned or brownish people look better in pink than white people. if a blond white rosy woman wears pink, she will MOST definitely LOOK like miss piggy... SO, no anger or anything against PINK.. it just doesn't go with my skin...

Good point, i agree with this post.
I had a builder round my home the other day about 6ft 2,beefy type, had his kids with him, just come back of his hollis, had a white shirt on tanned skin and a bright pink jumper and he looked yummy, suited him so well.

Personally, i don't like pink , its just not me, now because i have deep blue eyes, i tend to wear lots of blue, suits me best :wink:.

pieterjoke, your question did not offend me, i could see the point you was making, btw your a handsome chap :tongue:

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Back in the days when "preppie" clothing was the trend du jour pink for men became common. Brooks Brothers featured pink oxford cloth shirts along with the standard blue and white.
Ralph Lauren came along and has always used pink in many of his selections. Polo shirts come in a wide array of pinks.
I know that gay men are one of Polo's biggest customer groups, but, I've been told by Polo folks that straight guys buy just as many. They tell me that pink is very common at the elite country clubs in the northeast. Pink oxford cloth boxers are big sellers, too.
Just recently Freshpair.com introduced a new line of pink underwear for men and women. The color is made exclusively for them by Cin2. Freshpair is a website that caters to both men and women, therefore, it is interesting that the items were made for them when there are several "men only" underwear sites out there, too.
Speaking of "colors" that are supposed to denote being gay, in the mid-eighties there was a rumor going round that guys wearing orange/white striped Polo shirts were closet cases and this would be the safe "signal" to other guys in the know. I'm sure lots of straight guys were puzzled when being ogled by interested gay guys!
And, finally, for years I've been told that purple is supposed to be the color linked to gays AND lesbians.

Peirga

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It's funny that everyone seems to be saying it's a matter of pink vs. blue. The nazis made lesbians wear black triangles. Clearly, if there's a butch color it's black. Oh, and red is like menstrual blood, so there's another femmy color. Pink is like pinko? Red is commie, or is it republican? Blue is like the Immaculate Conception, and Yellow is like pee or Huangdi. This is kind of fun.

That being said, I don't own any pink either -- but it's a nice color, don't get me wrong...

To be fair, I abhorred pink in high school for fear of looking too gay. Same for floral patterns, taffeta, leather, suede, lavender, purple, violet, magenta, jewelry, lambdas, any type of triangle, crosses, etc, etc. The people that are probably most perturbed about wearing pink are closeted Roy Cohn types. No one else cares. Except maybe insecure straight men, but that's the least of their problems.

aparkho1

Just Browsing
Media
Who f-ing cares!!

If you like it wear it, if you don't don't. Just be careful, you may look like a twink bottom fem. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Oh and 220483, you're f-ing HOT.