Do gay guys prefer to wear pink

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Go into a Best Buy store in October and you'll see everybody in pink polo shirts. Even the straight guys signed up to wear the shirts even before they knew it was for breast cancer awareness month.

barkerfan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think it has definately become more acceptable and even trendy for straight guys to wear pink. Although the trend has seemed to wane a bit where I'm from. It was actually a lot more popular for us last year. Myself, I've never owned anything that even had pink in it, as far as I'm aware. Just not my thing.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
I don't think there is a reason to jump all over pieter.

Sorry folks, but like it has been said by some wise posters, pink has been associated with femininity since we were all kids and beyond. I defy any male or female at the site to pretend they didn't hear someone say, "Boys don't wear pink. That's a girl's colour."

Considering that some people consider gay men to be feminine(girly), it's a logical jump for them. Just presenting the ideas, folks. Get over the fighting nonsense. I know this is an old thread, but still....

Btw, I have a large group of friends, mostly straight with a few gay men. It's currently the fashion to either wear some sort of pink shirt, or have some pink in a top. It's cool and quite trendy at the moment.

Thank you, I already explained myself here that I don't want to offend people with this thread. It is just something I noticed here and I was wondering if this was the same in other countries too. It is just a question.

ucsb123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I don't wear pink. The biggest reason is that brown, blue, and grey, and green (in that order) are my favorite colors. Pink is only a color. Everyone I know has at least one pink or near pink shirt. I typically like earth-tones and ocean colors. I dunno.

B_am12388

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I only have one pink shirt out of all the clothes I have. I don't prefer to wear clothes that are, I actually wear mostly darks, like blues, blacks, etc etc. But, pink is my favorite color in the world! And yes, I'm gay :)

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Back in college, I had a medium grey suit that looked really good with a pearl grey shirt and a pink tie.

This was in the late 80s--the other guys had the requisite navy blazer, light blue button-down oxford cloth shirt, striped tie, tan slacks, and brown loafers. I looked like a flamingo among (female) mallards. :rolleyes:

No pink since then. Also, no oxford-cloth button-down shirts, no striped tie, and no brown loafers--ever. One navy blazer (European cut, not American). Various shades of tan slacks, but not the shade that was worn by many at my alma mater.

NCbear (who knows it's obvious at times how reactionary he can be :biggrin1:)

NovaBone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm gay and have never worn the color pink.
Personally, I don't care for it. I work with 7 women who are obsessed with pink 'anything' and I find it incredibly annoying.
I wear lots of black. It makes me feel good.

teen4hung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i don't think there is any correlation unless your in the closet and want an easy way for people to know - that or hang an "i love mariah" sign around your neck.

Having said that I know loads of straight guys that wear pink so its probably all in the head anyway.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You've got to be pretty confident about yourself as a man to wear pink. Regardless (or maybe not) most guys I see wearing pink come across as straight.

Pink shirts for office-wear seem to be part of a fashion cycle that starts with white only, then blues creep in, then stripes and checks (by this stage, white looks totally unfashionable) and finally pink. Then suddenly it's back to just white again.

But pink polo shirts are always fashionable.

I know a few people have said pink looks good against a tan, but I'd say it just stands out more. Standard advice is paler white people should wear pink to provide some warmth to the skin tone, but a tan or darker complexion is more suited to blue.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Finally some positive responses. i made thi sthread because here most people see pink as a color for gay people and girls. But now u see most guys wearing abit of pink and that is so weird at times because they were always saying that pink is for girls. When I bought my pink t-shirt and my friends saw it, most of them laughed with it because it was for girls or very gay...
That is why I asked, not to make stereotypes, I think pink is a good color, but you have to suit with it!

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
When I was in Jr. and Sr. High School, for some reason THURSDAY
was thought to be the "Gay Day" of the week. :confused:

In those days, during the Spring and Summer time in the Southern
US States, it was the style of the times to wear pastel colored
dress shirts (yellow, blue, green, pink, lavender) with light colored
seersucker, cord, linen, or poplin suits. You wore them on dates
(yep, we dressed up in those days as did the girls), to proms, and
to Church or to Synagogue. At other semi-dressy times, we wore
either khaki or white pants with pastel colored shirts.

As I said, Thursday was designated "Gay Day", so if you were either
Gay or BI (no one even knew about "BIs" in those days, except for
those of us who were...but, then we didn't even have a name for it
ourselves) you made sure that you didn't wear anything with pink
or purple in it that would "give you away."

History classes included studying WWII, and that included learning
about concentration camps. We learned about the yellow "Star of
David" patches, and also about the "Pink Triangle" patches that
homosexuals were forced to wear. I don't remember why, but I do
remember that both the colors, purple and pink, were
in some way connected to homosexuals during the war.

So, most made damn sure that they didn't wear anything with the
colors pink or purple on Thursdays, because if you did.....you were
automatically assumed to be GAY and taunted. Stupid wasn't it?

I was always a person that tried to push the parameters a bit and
so I did wear pink and purple.....and still do today. Yes, I was
worried about what people would say, but thought they knew me
well enough (of course no one really did...I was so "in the closet" I
was safe...I thought) that they would never think that of me and
that I would get away with it. However, there were some who didn't
think so.....and looking back, I think they were Gay but tried to act
tough to cover it up that they were Gay. One of them later became
a good friend and...yes, we had an affair for awhile. He ended up an
NFL player, who because of two things...1) he was afraid of being
found out, and 2) he lost his lover, eventually commited suicide.
Such a fuckin' loss.

So today, to remind me of those who didn't think I was so straight,
all I have to do to remind me, is to look in the mirror to see my broken
nose (broken 3 times - repaired twice) and broken but repaired left
cheek. Today, I damn well wear whatever I please and if someone
doesn't like it......to hell with them!

My school colors, which had been white and purple for generations,
was changed to white and orange. When the football team had a
game on a Thursday, the opposing team and their followers would
taunt our team, through things onto the field, and yell obscene
words at them and the cheerleaders who waved white and purple
pompoms (I thought so, anyway, since I was for awhile one of the
football players).

The powers to be though it was best to change the colors since
there were always bloody fist fights after the game and many of the
students were missing school days because of injuries.

It was also thought that if a redhead wore purple....at any time...it
meant she was easy....or a whore. That was also stupid!!!
I only knew one redhead that wore purple that was a whore....:wink:

Last edited:
Media
It doesn't matter what color you wear, someone is always going to have a burr up their ass about any and everything, including color.

Pink has a stigma and so does Pork among certain religious folks.

Individuality is just that, individuality. I was criticized for wearing a Perry Ellis shirt, cream with dark blue,dark green and rust colored paisleys on it. The person that criticized me promptly showed me HIS favorite shirt and it was a CANARY YELLOW tennis shirt that for some folks would scream GAY! (I was in West Hollywood the following weekend after that conversation and I saw a queen on the street wearing the same color.) So you never know. When it becomes about hang ups over who's wearing what and what color it is, then you need to ask yourself if you need a sedative or better yet therapy.

In the end, who cares? Be happy and wear the hell out of what you will.

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hy,

We always linked the color pink too gay guys. Now I just wanted to know what gay people think of them wearing pink, is it because they like wearing pink or is it because they think that if they wanted to look gay they just had to wear pink? Or do you like the color pink? I don't think that only gay people wear pink, I also own a pink shirt and I don't think it's look gay.

Of course gay guys wear pink--if they're "winter" color types, and understand why skin tone affects the colors that make you look weak or sharp.

It's all about skin tones. Skin tones don't predict who you are likely to fall in love with. Sexual orientation is more about who you fall in love with, not which gender is better at sucking cock.

So focus on your skin tones. Are they "cool"? "warm"? which kinds of pink, blue, red, green and brown make you look old and dead, and which kinds make you look great?

That's the question. Colors contrast and compliment each other. It has nothing to do with who you are attracted to, and much more to do with understanding what makes you look attractive.

Having said that, how about posting some more shots of your cock, against different colored backgrounds? We'll give you feedback on the colors that suit you best.

boymonkey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm a little late to the discussion, but I kinda get off on clarifying...so bear with me:

Sorry, DC - that's just not true. In the West, pink was a standard business color from the 18th to the early 20th Centuries, and a classic color for men for centuries. It was considered to be a shade of red, and due to its straddling warm and cool tones, a "harsh" color. The Nazis forced gay men to wear pink triangles not because pink was feminine, but precisely because it was associated with men and masculinity. Basically, it was intended more in the spirit of "man on man". But the shift in association of beginning to link gays & girls with pink was actually just slightly pre-WWII, and independent of Nazi imagery.

Blue was generally feminine, considered a "daintier" color, and it was viewed as symbolic of Mother Mary.

The association was there before Nazi Germany, and that's how they came up with the idea for making homosexuals wear pink during the Holocaust.

The pink/feminine, blue/masculine thing has been around for a long, long time.