Do Gay men fall in love any more?

B_dan_n_stpete

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm 29 years young and haven't had a real relationship with a guy. I have been in FL for ten years this July. Six of those years I have been single. my last bf like to beat on his bf and that was the last time I was in one. If you want to call it that.I know that my biggest fault is that I tend to get very attached quickly because my "father" ( use that loosely) did nothing but beat the hell out of all us kids. At the age of 3 he broke my left femur I was in the hospital for 30 days. after that by the age of 4 had to learn how to walk all over again. so I find myself looking for love. that I never got has a child. I'm I just doomed to live alone and die alone? Even now if I jack off I mostly fantasize about a man making love to me and telling me that he loves me.

Hopeless in Fl

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
See a therapist and find a new boyfriend. There are many cute guys who can give you both love and sex.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'd ask if gay whores still exist. Every gay person I know whines about wanting love, it seems like there's an abundance of gay men who claim to be looking for love. Apparently some of them are lying nobody ever admits to being the philandering whore that only wanted sex.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They certainly do. Be yourself and make sure you are a positive person with a positive aura about you. You will find love when you are least expecting it. When you do you will know. Treat your lover with respect and make them feel like the most important person alive every day.

I met the love of my life over 21 years ago and following a recent bad patch we rediscovered each other and our love has grown into something amazing. We agreed to get married just this week and are currently planning the whole affair.

It saddens me when I read threads like your's as love and happiness can be part of everyone's life ;)

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I'm 29 years young and haven't had a real relationship with a guy. I have been in FL for ten years this July. Six of those years I have been single. my last bf like to beat on his bf and that was the last time I was in one. If you want to call it that.I know that my biggest fault is that I tend to get very attached quickly because my "father" ( use that loosely) did nothing but beat the hell out of all us kids. At the age of 3 he broke my left femur I was in the hospital for 30 days. after that by the age of 4 had to learn how to walk all over again. so I find myself looking for love. that I never got has a child. I'm I just doomed to live alone and die alone? Even now if I jack off I mostly fantasize about a man making love to me and telling me that he loves me.

Hopeless in Fl

I hope that you will get counseling so you can heal inside from the abuse. Maybe then, you can look for the right kind of person for your life. I am sorry you had to endure that kind of abuse. Many of us were either ignored, neglected, or beaten by our family.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I seem to run into that as well. I get told exactly what I want to hear, then 2 weeks later, it's the complete opposite. But I'm never giving up. Just gotta keep at it.

It'll come to you. If not always in the way you expect.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm a hopeless romantic at heart but we need to start being more realistic. This idea that your life is incomplete unless you have a partner is just B.S. I know lots of people who's relationships led them to a therapist's chair. I myself certainly hope to find someone I can be with, and I don't even want forever. One of my best relationships lasted only a few months and it was wonderful, and I have no regrets, I feel lucky to have had him for as long as I did. But we gotta get out of this mentality that we can't be happy unless we're with someone, often times it actually turns into the polar opposite, we're unhappy BECAUSE we're with someone. Hearing things like "someone will come along eventually" and "there's someone for everyone" reminds me of the fairytales we tell children about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know everyone here on this site hates her, but she wrote a really useful book: Bad childhood, Good life. Dr. Laura Schlessinger.

- - - - -

That being said, gay people fall in love all the time. Sometimes even with the opposite sex!! (Cole Porter, Lord Keynes, etc.)

The best advice I can give you is COURAGE. To fall in love is risky as all hell. But it's worth it.

So, dream hard and long about what you want. Really visualize it. Then don't hang around the house/apartment quite so much. You're NOT going to find your love in the same-old, same-old places. :rolleyes::wink:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Addendum: I don't believe that there is just "one true love" for each person. I believe that there are many MANY potential loves for everyone.

I truly believe that loving people find love. Check out the book I reference in my previous post. You CAN find love, but you may need to release some demons first.

Good luck.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Men are bastards. Get a dog instead.....

I want a dog - Pet Shop Boys

I want a dog,
A chihuahua
When I get back to my small flat
I want to hear somebody bark
Oh, (oh oh) you can get lonely

Dont want a cat,
Scratching its claws all over my
Habitat
Giving no love and getting fat
And a cats no help with that

I want a dog,
To walk in the park
When it gets dark, my dog will bark
At any passers-by
I want a dog

YouTube - I Want a Dog by The Pet Shop Boys(version 2)

Yeah, they do. Just finding the right one is tough. I'm 42 and haven't been in a relationship either. I haven't given-up though.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Agree with Not Punny' DaveyR
Addendum: I don't believe that there is just "one true love" for each person. I believe that there are many MANY potential loves for everyone.

I never had a full on Gay relationship until age 32..totally unexpected just happened and as i mentioned in another thread, we brought up a little boy from birth..(23 years old now-relatively unheard of then-mid 80,s) especially with 2 males...never dreamed it would happen but just did.
I recall the anguish that appears to come thru this thread, and while i have a little sympathy i do feel
'you will be alright'

I intro,d my mate (Bi') to his future Wife when the boy was 3 odd
-for those who LOVE stats it went something like 2/3 years mate and I/3 years with Child (mates Sisters kid-she a Woman of 4 Kids with 4 Different guys/3 years in a semi?? casual 3 person relationship..with Child..non sexual myself with lady .. till i moved on
May sound complicated but was only a small problem with the lady..was eventually overcome.. especially as i knew when to depart

A little hurt..but again i am sure the others were also..overall no regrets by anyone involved
I ventured afield with more travel and a Female Companion with a family of her own.
Also something i never thought would ever happen

Have Faith in yourselves Guys what takes place in life is forever a Treasure.
Partners can/will come and go with some of us .. we know such as the above has shown .. to me anyway .. living proof'
Its ALL GOOD just have an open Soul always .. and if it does not happen.. well Acceptance is the key i believe.
I have been Solo for the last 12 years or so, by Choice and would have it no other way.
(in other words i am living what i have always felt was destined for me.)
enz
OP/Jason els ..i hope you get something from the above the age of the relationship commencement can be a key.