Do gay men marry their fathers?

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
A thread got me thinking the other day.

It's been said that when straight men choose a partner, they marry their mothers. (And straight women eventually become their mothers, but that's another story.)

So what do gay men do?

I definitely married my father--the good bits of him, anyway. My other half is gregarious in company, but is actually quite shy and tries to avoid situations like that. A natural, quiet homebody, and a great reader. They even celebrate birthdays only two days apart.

Who did youmarry?

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You know, headbang8, I was wondering the very same thing (probably sparked by your comments in that same other topic, I think).

I've had my share of relationships with women who have shared a lot of traits with my mother--to the point that I've purposely moved in other directions at times.

Very interested to hear what my gay brothers have to say on this one. Almost makes me wish I weren't leaving town for a week!

Great topic, hb8.

Njal

1st Like
Media
I don't think straight men marry their mothers either. The girls I'm attracted to are definitely not anything like my mom. (Even though I love my mom)

Reactions: LilBigWang

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Jul 25 2005, 12:38 AM
I could never cohabit with a Cuban man who scratches himself in public, thinks Charles Bronson deserves an Oscar, and falls asleep watching Jeopardy.
[post=331381]Quoted post[/post]​
I could actually say the same thing...which is why the subject is so interesting to me.

In spite of how much he read, my father was an agressive know-nothing. My boy is a cultured collector of art and antiquities. My partner has a lean swimmer's build, my father had a beefy labourer's body. My father was a rageaholic, and my man is warm, generous and kind.

In fact, like Sorcerer, I made it a point to seek out partners who were as different as possible from the miserable old bastard (or his miserable old wife, for that matter). I mean, a bohunk Pittsburgh steelworker vs. a Japanese high-end jewellery salesman who once trained to be a Shinto priest; it would be hard to pick a similarity on the surface.

That's why (to use Doc Rock's words) it creeps me out when I catch a glimpse of Dad from time to time--especially in an ironic sense of humour (which my father used in order to be cruel, but my partner uses to make light of troubles).

So don't worry, Rock, we're not in the Bates Motel. But it still spooks me a bit.

hb8

PS. DMW, I think your father falling asleep in front of Jeopardy shows exquisite good taste.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
my father was/is quick to anger, stubborn, emotionally remote,
and has Santa's belly.

My partner is none of these things, thanks.
I also have chosen partners who are everything that my
parents were not.

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+Jul 25 2005, 05:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; Jul 25 2005, 05:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-headbang8@Jul 24 2005, 02:14 PM
PS. DMW, I think your father falling asleep in front of Jeopardy shows exquisite good taste.
You might feel differently if one of the times he fell asleep was when your brother was a contestant.
[post=331499]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
It still shows good taste, just not good manners.

That he could be so blase about it shows what a smart bunch the Whopper clan must be&#33;

hb8

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
so bi-sexuals want to marry.....their aunts and uncles??

their baby sitters?

iggy

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
im like my father... in all aspects.. physical, and character...

i wouldnt marry my dad... its just like marrying myself... yea, creepy...

godiluvabig1

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I&#39;ve heard that before, and I know you didn&#39;t exactly have one for me to vote on, but i voted bullshit anyway...
Dude, when I get married to a guy, I&#39;m gonna stay as far away from how my dad acts as possible because my dad&#39;s a pathological liar who was never there for me when I needed him the most...

MenageA3

Sexy Member
Media
Palm Springs, California, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A thread got me thinking the other day.

It&#39;s been said that when straight men choose a partner, they marry their mothers. (And straight women eventually become their mothers, but that&#39;s another story.)

So what do gay men do?

I definitely married my father--the good bits of him, anyway. My other half is gregarious in company, but is actually quite shy and tries to avoid situations like that. A natural, quiet homebody, and a great reader. They even celebrate birthdays only two days apart.

Who did youmarry?
So I'm twice married. Current husband is 24 yrs my senior. Last husband who passed away in 2014 from brain cancer was 20 yrs my senior. My first long term relationship was with a man 30 yrs my senior. The guy who took my cherry was 25 yrs my senior. Do you see a pattern here? BTW, my biological Dad is still alive (but his mind isn't all here) at 93 which makes him 35 yrs my senior. Since I can remember I've always been turned on sexually by men of other ethnicities decades older than me. Still do. I think guys like Basque9 and 51arledge are like living legends.

One could argue that I am most attracted to the type of guy who is roughly of my Dad's age and dick size. One thing that is definitely NOT the case, however is none of my partners/husbands/tricks have EVER been of the same ethnicity. I'm all about difference. I certainly never entertained the thought of engaging in sex with my Dad. That would be like having sex with an older version of myself, which would be flaccid city.

Lust turns the head. We all know what type of guy does that for our own personal preferences. The heart inside is what keeps the gaze longing. Ultimately whether our fathers taught us what kind of guy to go for or to avoid, really doesn't matter. What matters is when you find someone that enters your life and you find yourself wondering when the next time you can be with him, you better pay attention and try to appreciate him for the person that he IS TODAY not for whom he reminds you of in your past.

Reactions: headbang8

Number 9

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Oh my god, an actual interesting question! I’m strait but honestly it kinda makes sense on the surface. It sure isn’t all the time for certain but it must happen.

I didn’t marry my mom by any means and that probably accounted for the fact that my mom hated my wife. You know in that upper middle class, fake smile, straining to be polite, Jesus Christ get out of my baby’s life you bitch kinda way. (What?……)

Now I have to spend the evening(just a little bit high) thinking this through.

Nope, nah, no way! My old man was a total dick! No way.

But, you know, I did once get a hummer from an interpreter for the hearing impaired while I was in college.

Of course it has nothing to do with the other but as I said …….. I’m just a little high.

My dad, no, fuck no…….I’d rather fuck Howard Cosell . Yes, the dead Howard Cosell and in the trunk of the Oscar Meyer wiener mobile parked behind a Buc-ees gas station somewhere on a major interstate in Texas.

At least there I can get Beaver Nuggets and a butt load of diabetes.