Do Gay People have a Similar Set of Universal Physical Features?

Chick&2DicksUK

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
there is a gay look, yes....

Which can be described/defined as being thus....................

.................................................................................

.................................................................................

Over to you, I'm afraid, London

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Osmosis? I can't explain it. Lisps can be caused by non-neurological phenomenon, such as trauma, shyness, or articulatory organ deformities.

I know that you switch from gender to gender (I have been meaning to ask you if this is voluntary or involuntary), but I really can't explain the lisp.

When you are a gay male, do you swish and listen to Britny?
It's usually voluntary. When I'm gay, I do the stereotypical hand thing as well as any gay I know, I talk with my hands and I love Britney.

Gimme gimme more :p

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The problem with studying queer phenotypes is that you're really investigating the presentation of those who are following socially-prescribed norms about queerness. Recruiting from gay bars, gay clubs, or AIDS patients (like, as if, but people have done that) is going to get you a very select segment of the population. It will be a non-representative sample. Generalizations to the entire queer population cannot be made from it.

It's like asking "Do all gay people look like Freddie Mercury?" and then going out and selecting only gay people who look like him. It's pointless science.

I mean, really. You can't use any constellation of phenotypic phenomena to successfully discriminate (statistically speaking) between white people, black people, Asian people, or any other "race." You sure as Hell can't do it with queers.

elf

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If sexual orientation is genetic (a big "if") and since physical appearance is largely determined by heredity then it might make sense for gay people to have some physical characteristics in common.

Perhaps we're all ultimately related back to the only prehistoric bloke who really knew how to decorate his cave and add a nice garnish to the animal the tribe caught that day?

This would also explain the otherwise puzzling enduring popularity of "We Are Family" on the dance floors of gay clubs.

Chick&2DicksUK

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Perhaps we're all ultimately related back to the only prehistoric bloke who really knew how to decorate his cave and add a nice garnish to the animal the tribe caught that day?

So now you're suggesting that Gay can, stereotypically, cook.

I've yet to meet one that could (opening a can of asparagus tips is NOT cordon-bleu).

As for being houseproud.

Domestic sluts. Each and every one.

Now there IS a couple of universal gay characteristics.

Untidy sluts who couldn't boil an egg.

Maybe there's something to all this, after all.:biggrin1:

elf

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So now you're suggesting that Gay can, stereotypically, cook.

I've yet to meet one that could (opening a can of asparagus tips is NOT cordon-bleu).

As for being houseproud.

Domestic sluts. Each and every one.

Now there IS a couple of universal gay characteristics.

Untidy sluts who couldn't boil an egg.

Maybe there's something to all this, after all.:biggrin1:

My boyfriend is really tidy and can cook. I don't know how to tell him he's been living with a straight guy all this time. (You're from England, I don't really need to tell you my posts aren't always serious, do I?)

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was just thinking about this. It's primarily in the facial features that I notice it, but it seems like gay men have a certain jaw, lip, teeth structure or certain eye shape that is similar among them. I mean, it's obviously not all people, and it's a superficial way of looking at people. But it's just a general observation. Its like have you ever just looked at someone and had a feeling that they were gay? Maybe you call it gaydar, but it could be something physical that you notice about someone besides that. If that's the case, do gay women have similar features, or do straight people have universal features among them? It's something interesting to discuss.
What does everyone think?

Here's a general observation: your photos make me feel gay. Oh, wait, I am gay! Never mind.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I remember many disputes among scientists as to the nature-nurture ontogenetic origins of homosexuality among men. Inter-uterine testosterone sampling, dominant mother studies, abusive father studies, and a whole host of other theories have abounded. None of them have been conclusive.
True
*SNIP*
From what I recall (this study was done at McMaster U and a distant colleague of mine was involved),
all of the gay cadavers died of AIDS complications, so once can argue that this is what caused the difference in the gay males hypothalamus.
That's a rather odd similarity. :confused: I'm inclined to agree that the difference in the hypothalamus was caused by the advanced AIDS rather than by their homosexuality. Is it possible to study the hypothalamus on living subjects and make a comparison to those from the Mc Master U study? The results would be interesting to say the least. :cool:

At the risk of losing all of my wonderful gay friends, I have to come out of the closet and say that I believe that homosexual men are neurologically different than heterosexual men. The gay lisp is a perfect example. As a neurolinguist, I can safely say that lisps are not caused by sexual lifestyle. They are often caused by neurological anomalies. In homosexual men, lisps develop with speech. Unless treated, they last a lifetime.
Okay, I understood all that. When I was little I had a lisp and my mom (a kindergarten teacher) brought home tapes and exercises given to her by the speech therapist at her school for me to do. When I am tired I still have problems with some 's' words and I usually abbreviate statistician to 'stats' otherwise I end up on a downward speech spiral. :redface: Maybe that's why I sometimes feel like a gay man trapped in a womans body. :confused: :wink:

I'd be more inclined to believe there was a gay pheromone that some people including faghags like myself emit. It doesn't matter where I am or what I am doing if there is a gay man within 50 yards he will seek me out. Maybe he recognizes a kindred spirit? :confused:

I believe that the results of these studies also indicate that homosexuality, at least among gay men, is not a lifestyle choice.
We knew that already. :tongue:

I didn't mention lesbians because I, honestly, haven't studied them.
OMG! Are you anti-lesbian? :eek:

Hmph. Does this mean white gay people and black gay people look alike?
Yes, it does; except for the that fact that gay black men have bigger penises than gay white men. :biggrin1:

The thread was about physical features. The size and shape of the hypothalamus is a physical feature.
That's true and the study and facts you list are interesting; but the hypothalamus gland is not visible to the naked eye. The OP listed things instantly recognizable such as jaw, lip, teeth structure or certain eye shape.

I have something to throw out at yah. I consider myself bi-gender... so I flip from a gay male mindset to a bisexual girl. I have acquired the lisp... but when I flip back into girl mode it doesn't exist. How would you explain this?
IMO, I think you are adopting the more obvious mannerisms of some gay men because you are so enamored of them and want so desparately to be different. It's not a natural inclination or you would have done it your whole life. It's intentional. :cool:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
IMO, I think you are adopting the more obvious mannerisms of some gay men because you are so enamored of them and want so desparately to be different. It's not a natural inclination or you would have done it your whole life. It's intentional. :cool:
Well duh... or else I wouldn't be bi-gendered... I wouldn't intentionally flip back and forth from a gay guy to a girl... makes sense no? I don't think I want to be that different. I have the best of both worlds you must admit. I have the most beautiful pussy I've ever seen and many will agree with me.. and I'm fucking gay men. I never said it was natural... it's as intentional as my flipping to gay mode.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
That's a rather odd similarity. :confused: I'm inclined to agree that the difference in the hypothalamus was caused by the advanced AIDS rather than by their homosexuality. Is it possible to study the hypothalamus on living subjects and make a comparison to those from the Mc Master U study? The results would be interesting to say the least. :cool:

I meant to say that the cadavers of the gay men in the study (It was a small sample, I believe there were 11 subjects and about half were known to be gay) all died from AIDS, and that AIDS is known to cause changes (atrophy, dimentia, etc) in the brain. This makes the findings less reliable, aside from the very small sample.

Chick&2DicksUK

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Am I the only guy to read this thread and despair?

Why on earth didn't it die after a couple of flippant responses?

Are we so up ourselves that we even consider the OP's piss-taking premise and get drawn in so easily.

I bet he's barfing with uncontrollable laughter.

I know I am and I'm one of the affronted ones!

Gays have common features as much as Hitler/Stalin/Genghis/Tung/Bundy had no earlobes.

Big cocks make lousy lovers.

Blondes have more fun (present that one to Su - lol).

Mercury is rising so each and every Gemini will win the lottery today (except those that lose a child in a car accident &/or get informed that they have terminal cancr).

De Dum De Dum de Dum.

This thread is so purile and ultimately boring and going nowhere, I'm surprised (and disappointed) in myself for posting at all.

You (yes YOU) should, be too.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Do Richard Simmons and Rock Hudson look alike to you? (OP)

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Damn it! We've been outed by Kjguy. Yes, most gay people have similar, easily distinguishable features. We generally have:

One head
Two arms
A main body trunk
Two legs

And many of us have two hands and two feet.

Damn! And here I thought this was still a well-kept secret.

Just shows to go, you never know!