Do Gay People have a Similar Set of Universal Physical Features?

deano-uk

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yes, all gay men have malformed mouths and tongues which cause them to lisp..some of us get over it.......:confused:

Your a funny man industrial.. I think it is just the gag reflex, so they can suck and deep throat their men. lol

I thurpose you think thatsth funny.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
In personal encounters one of the things we usually leave out is "body language".

I identify myself as gay. My life-partner and I have been together for over a decade and we operate a large ranch in the American Southwest.

Many years ago there were some studies done. I only wish I now remembered who it was that did them. The conclusions reached were somthing like 10% of the population is supposedly gay. Of that 10% only 10% were easily identifiable as gay because of mannerisms or characteristics that they could not or chose not to control.

Stating that physical characteristics identify one's sexual orientation is actually dangerous. Some religious zealot to call attention to himself will probably write a book and then the hate crimes against any person having those characteristics would skyrocket. If you think I am kidding examine the works written during the days of Hitler to identify the pure "Aryan" (I believe that is the spelling) bloodline. That was physical characteristics and all.

This is a VERY dangerous pathway and this kind of discussion has no validity in medical fact.

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Of course, the question is absurd and probably either an out and out joke, or some kind of thinly-veiled insult to gay people. Facial expressions, voice tones, general body english radiate from within. We gay men and women are human beings and as such have all human variations in general. But don't take my word for it...try insulting the wrong man with a high-pitched, whiny, nasal and sibilant voice some day and be flabbergasted when he knocks the shit out of you. Marvel at the sweetness and gentility of a macho, virile, deep-voiced man...ONE NEVER KNOW, DO ONE?:wink:

kjguy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Am I the only guy to read this thread and despair?

Why on earth didn't it die after a couple of flippant responses?

Are we so up ourselves that we even consider the OP's piss-taking premise and get drawn in so easily.

I bet he's barfing with uncontrollable laughter.

I actually posted this thread to initiate discussion, and to hear opinions. I like debates and information, because I think it's very cool and interesting. I'm very pleased with it's response.

kjguy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Do Richard Simmons and Rock Hudson look alike to you? (OP)

haha, no, they don't. Like I said it doesn't apply to everyone and probably not the majority. It's just a common occurance that I notice in gay people that I see in real life, and gay people that I see in media.

kjguy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Of course, the question is absurd and probably either an out and out joke, or some kind of thinly-veiled insult to gay people. Facial expressions, voice tones, general body english radiate from within. We gay men and women are human beings and as such have all human variations in general. But don't take my word for it...try insulting the wrong man with a high-pitched, whiny, nasal and sibilant voice some day and be flabbergasted when he knocks the shit out of you. Marvel at the sweetness and gentility of a macho, virile, deep-voiced man...ONE NEVER KNOW, DO ONE?:wink:

I assure you, I didn't post this as a joke, or as an insult to gay people! If it was I would have made it clear in the original post. I am a sincere and open-minded guy, so anything I post is very serious and something I was curious about. Plus I thought it would be interesting. I understand how people could think the question is absurd or disregard it and I value their opinion or actions. I just really don't want people to question my sincerity, because that is one thing I am proud of.

martywild

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
At the risk of sounding angry, I have to admit I find this thread naïve. Men from all over the world, with multifarious facial types, skin colour, and all the physiognomy distinctive of the human race cannot be reduced to this typage. In Europe we see the world pass by from country to city and all around the streets and if there is one xenophobic thought I never have is 'that one must be gay because his jaw or mouth has a certain character distinction'. I’ve had all kinds of gay men and meet a great deal more at Gay Pride around Europe and Australia and we come with beautiful differences.

I’m not bashing you mate but seriously a big cock is nothing without a smart head. Raise your game so we’ll know you’re sexy because you’re smart. As a bloke who loves men I admit this thread is vapid.

martywild

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You said a mouthful mate!
Love your smarts and the amazing natural beauty of Arizona, the most incredible State in America.

kjguy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
At the risk of sounding angry, I have to admit I find this thread naïve. Men from all over the world, with multifarious facial types, skin colour, and all the physiognomy distinctive of the human race cannot be reduced to this typage. In Europe we see the world pass by from country to city and all around the streets and if there is one xenophobic thought I never have is 'that one must be gay because his jaw or mouth has a certain character distinction'. I’ve had all kinds of gay men and meet a great deal more at Gay Pride around Europe and Australia and we come with beautiful differences.

I’m not bashing you mate but seriously a big cock is nothing without a smart head. Raise your game so we’ll know you’re sexy because you’re smart. As a bloke who loves men I admit this thread is vapid.

Yes, I admit I can be naive about the world occasionally. But to be fair, there are so many things I haven't experienced. I also tend to be philisophical, and aim to raise questions that most people wouldn't think about or overlook. Questions that are open to interpretation. So I definitely expect mixed opinions and reactions. But that's just me, so I just hope people can understand the way my mind works to an extent.

martywild

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I assure you, I didn't post this as a joke, or as an insult to gay people! If it was I would have made it clear in the original post. I am a sincere and open-minded guy, so anything I post is very serious and something I was curious about. Plus I thought it would be interesting. I understand how people could think the question is absurd or disregard it and I value their opinion or actions. I just really don't want people to question my sincerity, because that is one thing I am proud of.

If you are really sincere I think you have to think about this post more seriously because it really smacks of a defamatory judgement. It reads as someone soliciting votes and really mate it isn’t good. If you want to be taken seriously then be serious. Or be frivolous, cute or frat boy sophomoric but a soliciting fascist isn’t something any of us can afford.

kjguy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Let's turn the question on its head for a second in order to get a simple answer

Do straight men have a universal physical set of features??
No
Of course not

So same applies for gays

Good! I was hoping someone would change it around, which is why I made a point of mentioning other options in the original post! And you're right, there isn't as much that I notice similar about straight guys. But it may be because I'm not looking for it.

Generally, the overall answer will always be no! And once we can come to accept that, then we can get into "What if" discussions. I think those will be more enlightening.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Going back to the OP's original question, "Do Gay People have a Similar Set of Universal Physical Features?" the answer is no. However, I do think he's onto something here. I think the problem with this thread is the way the OP phrased the original question, not with the underlying idea.

I think jp_philosophy put it better:

...I do see a trend in facial characteristics in gay men...I've noticed similarities in jaw lines and especially in mouths. I've even noticed this before I identified myself as gay. Some guys you can tell by looking at their face. I can think of a whole handful of guys like this. Am I making this up?

Ah, a trend, not "universal" features. That's better.

No you're not making it up, jp. Many years ago I noticed the same thing--there seem to be certain physical characteristics, particularly with regards to jawline, teeth, and the shape of the mouth, that I have only ever seen in gay men. I have not seen these physical features on all gay men, by any means, nor even most gay men, but I have seen them exclusively on gay men (so far). I have long wondered if my observation is correct, and have idly thought, "somebody should do a study of this..."

Hmph. Does this mean white gay people and black gay people look alike?

No, but I have seen these particular features on gay black men at least as often as I've seen them in gay white men. That doesn't mean that these men look alike in any other way. However, I think it's significant that these features exist in more than one ethnic group...but only in gay men, not straight men.

Stating that physical characteristics identify one's sexual orientation is actually dangerous. Some religious zealot to call attention to himself will probably write a book and then the hate crimes against any person having those characteristics would skyrocket...

I hear where you're coming from, but my scientific curiosity wins out over my fear of how the information might be misused. I think it's important to explore, not ignore or disregard, patterns or trends when we notice them. Maybe nothing will come of it, but maybe it will lead to significant discoveries.

This is a VERY dangerous pathway and this kind of discussion has no validity in medical fact.

I respectfully disagree. Sometimes particular physical features, or combinations of physical features, are recognized by medical science as characteristics of a disorder, and can be important indicators leading to a diagnosis. Consider, for example, Marfan syndrome, which is "characterized by disproportionately long limbs, long thin fingers, a typically tall stature, and a predisposition to cardiovascular abnormalities." Although people with the syndrom have particular physical features, people with the disorder can often look quite normal and go undiagnosed their whole lives. Sometimes they aren't diagnosed until after they've died of acute aortic dissection and an autopsy is performed. If the condition had been recognized earlier, they may have gotten treatment and lived longer.

Marfan syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now I'm not saying that gayness is a disease or a disorder. But if it turns out to be true that certain physical characteristics are found exclusively among gay men (which has yet to be established), then trying to determine why that is so may give us a greater understanding of the connections between sexuality and heredity, and may lead to other discoveries.

It seems really hard for people to grasp that gays are identical in every way other than liking men instead of women. It's not some disgusting malformation that needs scrutiny and/or scientific explanation, it is what it is.

Thank you for saying this. Such unreserved acceptance of gay men by a straight man is something many of us have longed for our whole lives.

I agree that gayness doesn't need to be scrutinized or explained, but I also don't think intriguing observations should be ignored. If 5% of the human population had purple hair, and most or all of them were gay men, wouldn't you agree that it would be OK for scientists to study that and try to find the connection between gayness and purple hair?

Well, I'm suggesting that certain facial features are found primarily, if not exclusively, on gay men. It's a bit less obvious than purple hair, but if it's true, then it's worthy of further investigation.