Do Gay People have a Similar Set of Universal Physical Features?

kjguy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Going back to the OP's original question, "Do Gay People have a Similar Set of Universal Physical Features?" the answer is no. However, I do think he's onto something here. I think the problem with this thread is the way the OP phrased the original question, not with the underlying idea.

Ah, a trend, not "universal" features. That's better.

I hear where you're coming from, but my scientific curiosity wins out over my fear of how the information might be misused. I think it's important to explore, not ignore or disregard, patterns or trends when we notice them. Maybe nothing will come of it, but maybe it will lead to significant discoveries.

I agree that gayness doesn't need to be scrutinized or explained, but I also don't think intriguing observations should be ignored. If 5% of the human population had purple hair, and most or all of them were gay men, wouldn't you agree that it would be OK for scientists to study that and try to find the connection between gayness and purple hair?

Well, I'm suggesting that certain facial features are found primarily, if not exclusively, on gay men. It's a bit less obvious than purple hair, but if it's true, then it's worthy of further investigation.

Yah, maybe I did word it a little funky. Thank you Meniscus, for understanding what I was getting at and intending for this thread. I found it to be an "intriguing observation" as you called it, and a very interesting discussion topic. This really isn't supposed to be offensive or absurd, because when people think of it the way I do, it actually isn't so absurd. It is perfect research material! You explained what I meant perfectly, and yes "trend" does sound like a more accurate term.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
yes, all gay men have malformed mouths and tongues which cause them to lisp..some of us get over it.......:confused:

I have to disagree with you here Indy.

You can't have it both ways: You can't claim that homosexuality is just a sexual preference while claiming that there are no physical differences between homosexuals and heterosexuals -- It just makes no sense. If you were "born this way", then you were predetermined to be a homosexual.

I believe that homosexuality, heterosexuality, bisexuality, etc, are organic in nature, and that this NARTH sexual reorientation therapy is bullshit. All the psychotherapy in the world can't change physical attributes.

Now that I've pissed off all my gay friends, I think I'll go for a walk. I'd like to know why this is such a sensitive issue. I wish Guy-jin could see this thread.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Everybody is different. There are no two people alike, other than biological twins.

To try to relate differences in people this way, is the same way of saying "Men with big feet have large penises"

It just doesnt hold any weight.

cowboyfireman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to disagree with you here Indy.

You can't have it both ways: You can't claim that homosexuality is just a sexual preference while claiming that there are no physical differences between homosexuals and heterosexuals -- It just makes no sense. If you were "born this way", then you were predetermined to be a homosexual.

I believe that homosexuality, heterosexuality, bisexuality, etc, are organic in nature, and that this NARTH sexual reorientation therapy is bullshit. All the psychotherapy in the world can't change physical attributes.

Now that I've pissed off all my gay friends, I think I'll go for a walk. I'd like to know why this is such a sensitive issue. I wish Guy-jin could see this thread.

I dunno if you consider me one of your friends, but you haven't pissed me off, makes alot of sense when you think it through logically like you have. A couple years ago I was happy that a study had proof that we are gaywired at conception, but then some Sallys got bent outta shape cause they said now that they KNOW that, they're obviously gonna work on finding the gene and fixing it...I dunno, can't we all just be happy and be happy for everyone else regardless of how we get happy and with whom?

B_boynextdoorkpt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I was born without gaydar. If a guy is not wearing a dress, have a cock in his mouth, or flames shoot from his ass as he swishes away, I cannot tell if he is gay or not! I find it easier to tell who is a lesbian.

spunkyboy2008

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am not sure about this, but I think it is quite possible. If homosexuality does indeed have a large genetic component, which I tend to believe it does, then the suggestion that there may be more common "gay features" has some plausibility.

I think some people, I mean in the wider world, can be too eager to try and dismiss or squash research into these kind of things for political reasons or because they see them as challenging their particular worldview. This is like a weak echo of Lysenkoism in the old USSR that rejected genetics for political reasons (the Soviets objected to the idea that a person's characteristics are partly determined by genetics, and therefore beyond the control of politics to change).

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
Well, I can tell if a guy is gay by the following:

His posture

His lips

His jaw

His hair

His butt

and of course, his voice.

It's hard to explain, but once you know what to look for, you just recognize it and learn the difference.

inman69

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was just thinking about this. It's primarily in the facial features that I notice it, but it seems like gay men have a certain jaw, lip, teeth structure or certain eye shape that is similar among them. I mean, it's obviously not all people, and it's a superficial way of looking at people. But it's just a general observation.

Its like have you ever just looked at someone and had a feeling that they were gay? Maybe you call it gaydar, but it could be something physical that you notice about someone besides that.

If that's the case, do gay women have similar features, or do straight people have universal features among them? It's something interesting to discuss.

What does everyone think?

I fuck on this one all of the time. I can go to a gay bar and hit on the only straight man in a sea full of gay mens.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do Gay People have a Similar Set of Universal Physical Features?

Yes, they do. I have found that every single homosexual man I have ever met has looked exactly like those heterosexual men . . . only hotter. :tongue: :cool:

zumzum

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
there was a very interesting quiz I took part in internet some month ago (I really don't remember the website right now........) something like "spot who's gay" just from the pictures.

I got a very high rank something like 97%, and I'm gay, if someone is really interested I can find the URL.

Anyway I have to congratulate with the original poster not only because of his hot bodies and his 9 inches cock, but because he took the time to take a picture with the ruler and that's bloody horny!

zumzum

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
>Yes, they do. I have found that every single homosexual man I have ever met has looked exactly like those heterosexual men . . . only hotter

This is wishful thinking.

I'm homosexual and I have to say that heterosexual are generally hotter.

zumzum

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
"Or be frivolous, cute or frat boy sophomoric but a soliciting fascist isn’t something any of us can afford."

You bigot: Fascist is someone who say that homosexuality is just a choice.

The most accredited scientific theories want to prove that it's not a choice but that's something from your childbirth, not necessarily a genetic thing.

If that's the way, I wouldn't wonder gay could share some trait in common, especially considered the fact that some people have a very fine tuned gay radar and my factual experience.

You bigot.

zumzum

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
"Let's turn the question on its head for a second in order to get a simple answer

Do straight men have a universal physical set of features??
No
Of course not"

"So same applies for gays"

so, what?

wrong wrong wrong, the truth of the second sentence doesn't necessarily descent from the truth of the first sentence.

kooperfan

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I was just thinking about this. It's primarily in the facial features that I notice it, but it seems like gay men have a certain jaw, lip, teeth structure or certain eye shape that is similar among them. I mean, it's obviously not all people, and it's a superficial way of looking at people. But it's just a general observation.

Its like have you ever just looked at someone and had a feeling that they were gay? Maybe you call it gaydar, but it could be something physical that you notice about someone besides that.

If that's the case, do gay women have similar features, or do straight people have universal features among them? It's something interesting to discuss.

What does everyone think?

A lot of gay men have high oestrogen levels which cause softer features, this isn't always the case, but generally with high oestrogen levels a man will become gay.

This doesn't mean all effeminate men will become gay, they are just more likely to.

So point blank the answer to your question is no, because not all gay men look similar, but a certain type of gay man may look more similar, if you know what i mean.

Last edited:

kooperfan

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
this is also why they came up with a 'cure' for homosexuality a couple of years ago by injecting gay men with testosterone, they found that in some cases it causes heterosexuality to form, or to become stronger within a person, but also made the man violent and constantly horny. so yeah didn't work so well. :p

B_retracted

Experimental Member
Media
I can tell a man is gay within three seconds of looking at him. I've yet to be wrong.

Anyway, OP, your hypothesis makes no sense. Why on earth would all gay men have universal facial features? That's just asinine. Especially considering different ethnicities have different facial features to start with (black people with wide flat noses for examples). Straight people don't all have universal facial features either. And neither do accountants.