Do gay people struggle?

I highly doubt the same can be said for all gay people.

I don’t speak for all gays, nor should anyone else.

Also, I plan to vote for Trump, perhaps several times.

After all I live in South TX. Seventy-five years ago Lyndon Johnson taught us how we could vote for ourselves, our dead relatives, many of our minority neighbors, and anyone under a bridge that needed two dollars.

At least Trump is struggling with the political issues of the day. Hillary has long since left the political reservation and moved into the arena of self-aggrandizing psycho gangster where justice is now spelled just-me.

Go Milo Yiannopoulos! He may be off track in places, but his mission is to shake the victim hood mentality out of a lot of social issues.

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is more an issue between two gays, than it is a gay issue.

Sorry, based on Leslie Jones trash mouth, and for that matter most of what occurs on SNL, I find little compassion.

So saying something justifies that a person's life gets hacked and exposed for everyone to see? Or is it that you're against the hack but still somehow don't see how milo incited all of this? Which is funny since you are somehow a trump supporter while being a gay man at the same time. Tell me how exactly did you respond when trump said ask the gays? Not ask gay people like a normal human being...ask the gays. As if gay people weren't actually people. At the same time i'm guessing you're also a ok with both mike pence and tony perkins. Maybe it's that you also find them "refreshing"?

Mike Pence’s top seven most homophobic moments (out of many)

Tony Perkins Responds to Rumors Claiming He Believes God Uses Natural Disasters to Punish Gay People

And then theres...

“We need to get away from talking about the country in terms of X community and Y community, the left has done this and has divided people for decades. They’d say oh you’re the gay community so you get these special rights and responsibilities and you’re oppressed and you’re underprivileged and you’ve been struggling. I don’t know any gay people that are struggling.Being gay is a massive competitive advantage these days, fifty years ago of course when it was outlawed by all the states it was institutions like the catholic church that was protecting gay people by putting them into the clergy but never mind.”

“All these hashtags on twitter and all the ridiculous platitudes that are pouring out of dumb celebrities and progressive politicians right now, how many islamic radicals, fundamentalists, how many hate preachers, how many muslims at home do you think are listening? How many lives do you think this will save? None. Every single gay charity in American deserves to be shut down after their response to Orlando which has been spineless and pandering, it is absolutely shocking.” - Milo

Thats what you would call refreshing? Milo supporters trump, who picked mike pence as his vp and who gave money to tony perkins. Is this your definition of refreshing? I'm not even gay and none of this is refreshing in the least.

After all I live in South TX. Seventy-five years ago Lyndon Johnson taught us how we could vote for ourselves, our dead relatives, many of our minority neighbors, and anyone under a bridge that needed two dollars.

At least Trump is struggling with the political issues of the day. Hillary has long since left the political reservation and moved into the arena of self-aggrandizing psycho gangster where justice is now spelled just-me.

Go Milo Yiannopoulos! He may be off track in places, but his mission is to shake the victim hood mentality out of a lot of social issues.

Well, good luck with that. Milo Yiannowhateverthefuck seems to be doing the lords work. As is trump. As is mike pence. As is tony perkins. So go ahead friend, vote for yourself and only yourself. Have fun. Enjoy your life. Cause no one ever said self preservation was all that important anyway. :p

So saying something justifies that a person's life gets hacked and exposed for everyone to see? Or is it that you're against the hack but still somehow don't see how milo incited all of this? Which is funny since you are somehow a trump supporter while being a gay man at the same time. Tell me how exactly did you respond when trump said ask the gays? Not ask gay people like a normal human being...ask the gays. As if gay people weren't actually people. At the same time i'm guessing you're also a ok with both mike pence and tony perkins. Maybe it's that you also find them "refreshing"?

Tony Perkins Responds to Rumors Claiming He Believes God Uses Natural Disasters to Punish Gay People

And then theres...

“We need to get away from talking about the country in terms of X community and Y community, the left has done this and has divided people for decades. They’d say oh you’re the gay community so you get these special rights and responsibilities and you’re oppressed and you’re underprivileged and you’ve been struggling. I don’t know any gay people that are struggling.Being gay is a massive competitive advantage these days, fifty years ago of course when it was outlawed by all the states it was institutions like the catholic church that was protecting gay people by putting them into the clergy but never mind.”

“All these hashtags on twitter and all the ridiculous platitudes that are pouring out of dumb celebrities and progressive politicians right now, how many islamic radicals, fundamentalists, how many hate preachers, how many muslims at home do you think are listening? How many lives do you think this will save? None. Every single gay charity in American deserves to be shut down after their response to Orlando which has been spineless and pandering, it is absolutely shocking.” - Milo

Thats what you would call refreshing? Milo supporters trump, who picked mike pence as his vp and who gave money to tony perkins. Is this your definition of refreshing? I'm not even gay and none of this is refreshing in the least.

Well, good luck with that. Milo Yiannowhateverthefuck seems to be doing the lords work. As is trump. As is mike pence. As is tony perkins. So go ahead friend, vote for yourself and only yourself. Have fun. Enjoy your life. Cause no one ever said self preservation was all that important anyway. :p

I have been working with gay support functions for more than 40 years. Your observations / challenges lack perspective, understanding, and perhaps objectivity, but that is not necessarily a negative thing. It is a great first step. I do appreciate your interest in issues that involve all of us, including those who are LGBT.

Someday, and I hope it is not too far in the future, I would like LGBT pride parades to look more like the opening ceremonies at the Olympics. We need to show that we are united, professional, and represent personal and professional areas of accomplishment.

The door of acceptance has opened to us to some great degree, so we need to stop offending each other and society at large. That behavior may have had its value in the past, but now we need to project an image of confidence and self-determination. Perhaps Milo Yiannopoulos and some of his critical "push-back" will inspire some in the community to move their thoughts to bigger ideas.

Those who think like Perkins and the Islamic radicals, fundamentalists, hate preachers you mention need to be met head-on. Our culture is listening, and now is the time to defeat them in the arena of public opinion. But this will not happen unless the LGBT community achieves maturity in its own right and moves away from being defined as a bunch of misfits by another group who needs a social project.

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been working with gay support functions for more than 40 years. Your observations / challenges lack perspective, understanding, and perhaps objectivity, but that is not necessarily a negative thing. It is a great first step. I do appreciate your interest in issues that involve all of us, including those who are LGBT.

Someday, and I hope it is not too far in the future, I would like LGBT pride parades to look more like the opening ceremonies at the Olympics. We need to show that we are united, professional, and represent personal and professional areas of accomplishment.

The door of acceptance has opened to us to some great degree, so we need to stop offending each other and society at large. That behavior may have had its value in the past, but now we need to project an image of confidence and self-determination. Perhaps Milo Yiannopoulos and some of his critical "push-back" will inspire some in the community to move their thoughts to bigger ideas.

Those who think like Perkins and the Islamic radicals, fundamentalists, hate preachers you mention need to be met head-on. Our culture is listening, and now is the time to defeat them in the arena of public opinion. But this will not happen unless the LGBT community achieves maturity in its own right and moves away from being defined as a bunch of misfits by another group who needs a social project.

Head on? You mean like milo supporting a guy who supports a guy who preaches hate against gay people? I'm sorry but that less head on and more ass on. And i have to say, i love your use of language.

The door of acceptance has opened to us - You

No, the lgbt community pushed those doors open. Not by saying gay people don't struggle. Not by aligning themselves with someone who refers to them as "the gays". And definitely not by aligning themselves with someone who hints at natural disasters being the hand of god when he doesn't like what someone does sexually. Those doors are open because people stood up for themselves and others.

Bigger ideas like what? Like kissing the ass of trump? A guy who would like nothing else better than to not only win but to do so any cost? Even if that cost means the deaths of innocent people? Do you honestly think thats the bigger idea? Or maybe you think the bigger idea is milo going on and on about how the left coddles gay people along with free speech this an free speech that but the second someone even remotely says something he doesn't like he sicks his angry white male dogs on them until their life is turned upside down? Which i might add is the biggest contradiction of them all.

First it's everybody is so sensitive. Then it's..well you shouldn't have said blank. Which is it, can people say what they want or is it that milo gets to choose who can say what? Yeah if people can't complain when they're being stalked by angry white men online then shouldn't he also be called a whiny little bitch for complaining about being banned from twitter?

So yeah, you can attempt to get on your moral little high horse all you want to. Not only is milo voluntarily tied to donald trump but mike pence AND tony perkins. Meaning your revolutionary sold you to the highest bidder a long time ago. And this isn't just me pulling things from out the crack of my ass either. This is easily verifiable information. Information anyone can find with a click of a few buttons. I mean really, the guy isn't hiding any of it. And in my opinion he has done more political and intellectual damage to the lgbt community than any religious nutbag in existence.

Of course though. You can support him all you want to. Make a billboard. Pull out a bullhorn. Hell get a picture of him tattooed on your chest. And you can continue to imply that the left is somehow responsible for homophobia and the need for the lgbt community and others to fight it. Just you know...don't ever think anyone with even an once of intelligence is gonna fall for it.

Once again...

I don’t know any gay people that are struggling. - Milo

Pretty sure this thread proves just how ignorant and wrong he is. Also it shows his attempt to speak for all of the lgbt community as a whole. Once again though, good luck on being stupid. :)

The prospect of Ms Clinton being elected makes anything Trump or Milo can do seem trivial. I think I will send his campaign another contribution.

And by the way, I helped push those doors open while I feed and buried friends killed with aids and abuse,,, and did so while we were still trying to figure out why good old LBJ killed 50,000 great guys before they had a chance to even know what gay meant. Remember the Clinton motto. "justice is spelled just-me".

umdoistressilvaquatro

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The whole point of this post was for gay people to counter argument Milo on his claim that gay people don't have struggles, or agree with him on that. A little, innocent, bit of ignorance could explain why someone would not know that Milo doesn't believe we face any struggles at all, but you are trying to go full retarded when you are also suggesting he is some sort of champion for causes he doesn't believe that exists.
Trump's VP even want to fund gay conversion therapy with public money that would go to AIDS treatment and prevention. Do you think any friend you had that died with AIDS would be anything but disappointed at your stupidity? You spat on their graves. I hope your story is fake.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The whole point of this post was for gay people to counter argument Milo on his claim that gay people don't have struggles, or agree with him on that. A little, innocent, bit of ignorance could explain why someone would not know that Milo doesn't believe we face any struggles at all, but you are trying to go full retarded when you are also suggesting he is some sort of champion for causes he doesn't believe that exists.
Trump's VP even want to fund gay conversion therapy with public money that would go to AIDS treatment and prevention. Do you think any friend you had that died with AIDS would be anything but disappointed at your stupidity? You spat on their graves. I hope your story is fake.
Calling someone "retarded" is something that is not done in polite company. It's a word that should disappear from common parlance.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree with what Badunkbadonk and tncentaur (and a few others) said upthread: Yes, anti-gay hate and resulting discrimination are still with us. Still, things have gotten better and are continuing to get better, thanks for people's courage and persistence.

I remember realizing as puberty hit that I am gay and that I would have no opportunity to have open crushes on other guys in high school, no opportunity to take another guy to the prom, and no opportunity (I was sure of this, at the time) to get married or adopt children. It was sad. I had to go through a period of grieving when I realized that due to (basically) a quirk of nature, I would have to struggle harder than others to have a good life.

But then I met physically, mentally, and emotionally disabled people, and I realized that--as a straight-appearing, deep-voiced, tall, athletic, hairy-chested white male person in the United States--I was rather fortunate. I experienced relatively few cases of bullying, unlike two rather effeminate gay men at my high school. I had the full use of my body, not having to spend hours trying to wrestle myself through my morning routine and into a wheelchair, for example. I had been rather well educated, which readied me for a variety of possible careers. And I could fake being straight.

I now admire those nelly, flamboyantly effeminate guys who can't hide who they are. It must be difficult as all hell not to be able to hide, particularly in extremely anti-gay settings. I frankly don't know if I could have been strong enough to endure the constant barrage of mean-spirited comments, nasty-mouthed verbal bullying, and repeated ostracism if I'd been one of the flamers. It was bad enough knowing that the "friend" next to me in the locker room, saying something anti-gay and expecting me to grin and add my $0.02, would probably freak out if I came out to him. Honestly, I can't count the number of times that straight guys said horribly mean-spirited, nasty, hateful things about LGBTI people to me, simply because their gaydar wasn't accurate and they thought they could safely say it to me. (Well, and several also said anti-Black things to me as well, because they assumed that because I was White I'd agree with their racist bullshit--but it was much safer, literally, to be anti-racism than anti-homophobia and anti-misogny, where I grew up.)

Did I struggle? Well, yes and no. I struggled a lot internally and had a lot of psychological issues with handling the hate directed my way--but I've only been fired once (more than two decades ago) for being gay, and thanks to activists who are many orders of magnitude braver than I was, I am now an openly gay man who is married to the love of my life and who has a wonderful job and supportive friends and family. Sure, I still have to come out, over and over, due to people's assumptions--but for many who are my age and younger, "gay" is merely another flavor of "normal."

NCbear (for whom it did in fact get a great deal better, but who is still rather worried about people who want to push the "gay" genie back into the bottle and pretend it never got out)

Do gay people struggle? The obvious answer is yes. More to the point, do they struggle because they are gay? The answer is absolutely.

**A better question is why do gay people struggle and how can that condition be rectified?

I speak for myself and from my observations and a history of direct involvement in the gay community. You are welcome to moralize all you like, but I fear that your understanding of today’s politics and strategies for gay support/liberation are far too heavily colored by news sources such as the Huffing Post and progressive politicians. I encourage you to read more widely. You might start with Jerome Cousi’s article on Milo Yiannopoulos

http://www.wnd.com/2016/07/milo-i-cant-imagine-why-any-gay-person-would-vote-for-hillary/

First, here is my objective and one I see Milo instigating:
Gays need to own their own place in our American culture. They should not be subservient to another groups political agenda.

Currently we are seen as a token minority that some groups (especially Democrats) feel they can pull from behind a curtain or coerce in some abusive fashion for political advantage. The more control these groups feel they have over the LGBT community, the more degrading they are willing to be in how they use us.

Let me be clear. I am focused on the political structure and not many of the individuals and groups. There are many valued LGBT members and friends caught up in the progressive movement. This is also true of for the conservative groups as well.

If they (political agendas) think they own us, then they are less likely to consider the value our leverage brings to their ambitions. The sad fact is that the liberal, progressive, Democratic political structure would totally trash the LGBT culture if it were not for the leverage to power we now represent. What is more, along with the African American culture, we are of value only so long as we stay in our part of the “petting zoo” and continue to be defined by their liberal agendas.

Yiannopoulos states, “The gays for Trump parties and the other things that are going on are sending a powerful message to Trump and the Democrats that certain constituencies they thought they owned really don’t belong to them anymore,” he said, “and they are going to have to start fighting for their votes, whether it’s women, or blacks, or gays, you name it.”

He continues, “There’s plenty of people under 40 who believe the entire political media and academic establishment deserves to burn, and they don’t make particularly a distinction between the Republican and Democratic Party,”

Do gay people struggle? Yiannopoulos might say the answer is no in that there are far too many in the LGBT community willing to be colonized and cared far by a progressive political overlord.

We keep being told what tyrants those ultraconservative republican, right wing religious bigots are. The progressive liberals work hard at maintaining this unlearned mindset. Isn’t it strange they never discuss defeating these groups without putting themselves in the hero-savior position?

For example: Lets learn more about those conservative republicans, left wingers, religious zealots, and hate preachers share a number of common characteristics. First they are up against the wall in trying to deal with LGBT issues. They all have their heads in a circle with each other hoping that being with a Yiannopoulos the group will buy credibility. When in reality, what many are looking for is some “honorable” way out. They need to find a way to either ignore or accept LGBT folks that will have legitimacy with people they represent. They are after all “thought leaders”.

Yes they are obnoxious hypocrites. Yes they need to be ousted for the evil they have done. But perhaps this is the time to smack them on their ever-growing noses and find some way to make it a better world for the struggling LGBT community. There are many good folks in many of these organizations. As soon as the back doors can be opened and the rats are allowed to leave, the faster things will change to include fewer gay struggles. What is more, the more rats that leave, the less credibility the remaining rats project.

The progressives would never suggest this strategy, since they would not play the protector-hero, but perhaps what needs to happen is for the LGBT (community and individual members) to find every way possible to join in and work with what are seen as the centers of bigotry. And I mean actually try to get to know each other. When Troy Perry instigated the Metropolitan Community in he early 70;s, he planned for it to eventually be a feeder to main line Christian churches. That is happening today.

Are gays struggling? Yes! Perhaps it is time to start struggling for something rather than always against something.

umdoistressilvaquatro

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I remember realizing as puberty hit that I am gay and that I would have no opportunity to have open crushes on other guys in high school, no opportunity to take another guy to the prom, and no opportunity (I was sure of this, at the time) to get married or adopt children. It was sad.
Still today I haven't get over those feelings. A few time ago, I watched the movie "Jongens" (it's basicaly a gay teenage love story) and it just made me cry pathetically and uncontrollably, and I noticed that movies that presents healthy same-sex love with happy endings make me much more depressed than movies about hate crimes, familiar homophobia, unsignificant tokens and the repetition of the bury-your-gays trope. I'm used to tragedy being the prospect of same-sex romances, it's the happy stories that make me suddenly and completely aware of how much we have been robbed.

for many who are my age and younger, "gay" is merely another flavor of "normal."
From what I read, that's not really the case, is it? I see your struggles. You will notice you missed a lot of your life if you just try to convince yourself (against all that we have learned) that you don't deserve less than straight guys, and that you should have, therefore, the same expectations in life that a straight guy have. That's how you know how much have been taken away by heterosexual supremacism.
Gay/bi people are still existing clandestinely (when they can) because we still have a lot to fear... All of us, even among so-called "tolerant" straights. Being able to stay in the closet might be a benefit comparing with gay/bi guys who can not, but it is still a testimony of the oppression straight people impose on us.

Reactions: Dave NoCal

Jasthma

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't know if oppression is the right word, but I feel an extra level of discretion that I must use so as not to arouse suspicion. I teach kids and a lot of parents wouldn't like it if they knew a gay man was teaching their kids. This is despite any comments they might make about being free from prejudice. Also, my parents don't know and I fear being rejected by them. Maybe I'm not being fair, but it's just better not to say anything. Despite all the progress gay people have made in the past few decades, I don't feel free to live openly.

dards44

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Go Milo Yiannopoulos! He may be off track in places, but his mission is to shake the victim hood mentality out of a lot of social issues.[/QUOTAre you going to use Box 13 in San Diego?

I have not heard about Box 13 in San Diego, but that is way too far to drive. Here in TX we have several counties such as Webb and Duval where the vote count has a habit of regularly exceeding the voting population. Box 13 in Jim Wells County has a special place in history.
-----
The most famous person caught tampering with paper ballots was President Lyndon Johnson, who defeated the popular former Texas governor Coke Stevenson in the 1948 Democratic Senate primary. Johnson trailed Stevenson by 854 votes after the polls closed, but new ballots kept appearing. Various witnesses describe watching men altering the voter rolls and burning the ballots. Finally, when 202 new votes showed up (cast in alphabetical order), Johnson gained an 87-vote margin and was declared the winner. LBJ’s campaign manager at the time, John Connally, was publicly linked to the report of the suspicious and late 202 votes in Box 13from Jim Wells County. Connally denied any tie to vote fraud

Douglas W. Jones, a University of Iowa

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do gay people struggle? The obvious answer is yes. More to the point, do they struggle because they are gay? The answer is absolutely.

**A better question is why do gay people struggle and how can that condition be rectified?

I speak for myself and from my observations and a history of direct involvement in the gay community. You are welcome to moralize all you like, but I fear that your understanding of today’s politics and strategies for gay support/liberation are far too heavily colored by news sources such as the Huffing Post and progressive politicians. I encourage you to read more widely. You might start with Jerome Cousi’s article on Milo Yiannopoulos

http://www.wnd.com/2016/07/milo-i-cant-imagine-why-any-gay-person-would-vote-for-hillary/

First, here is my objective and one I see Milo instigating:
Gays need to own their own place in our American culture. They should not be subservient to another groups political agenda.

Currently we are seen as a token minority that some groups (especially Democrats) feel they can pull from behind a curtain or coerce in some abusive fashion for political advantage. The more control these groups feel they have over the LGBT community, the more degrading they are willing to be in how they use us.

Let me be clear. I am focused on the political structure and not many of the individuals and groups. There are many valued LGBT members and friends caught up in the progressive movement. This is also true of for the conservative groups as well.

If they (political agendas) think they own us, then they are less likely to consider the value our leverage brings to their ambitions. The sad fact is that the liberal, progressive, Democratic political structure would totally trash the LGBT culture if it were not for the leverage to power we now represent. What is more, along with the African American culture, we are of value only so long as we stay in our part of the “petting zoo” and continue to be defined by their liberal agendas.

Yiannopoulos states, “The gays for Trump parties and the other things that are going on are sending a powerful message to Trump and the Democrats that certain constituencies they thought they owned really don’t belong to them anymore,” he said, “and they are going to have to start fighting for their votes, whether it’s women, or blacks, or gays, you name it.”

He continues, “There’s plenty of people under 40 who believe the entire political media and academic establishment deserves to burn, and they don’t make particularly a distinction between the Republican and Democratic Party,”

Do gay people struggle? Yiannopoulos might say the answer is no in that there are far too many in the LGBT community willing to be colonized and cared far by a progressive political overlord.

We keep being told what tyrants those ultraconservative republican, right wing religious bigots are. The progressive liberals work hard at maintaining this unlearned mindset. Isn’t it strange they never discuss defeating these groups without putting themselves in the hero-savior position?

For example: Lets learn more about those conservative republicans, left wingers, religious zealots, and hate preachers share a number of common characteristics. First they are up against the wall in trying to deal with LGBT issues. They all have their heads in a circle with each other hoping that being with a Yiannopoulos the group will buy credibility. When in reality, what many are looking for is some “honorable” way out. They need to find a way to either ignore or accept LGBT folks that will have legitimacy with people they represent. They are after all “thought leaders”.

Yes they are obnoxious hypocrites. Yes they need to be ousted for the evil they have done. But perhaps this is the time to smack them on their ever-growing noses and find some way to make it a better world for the struggling LGBT community. There are many good folks in many of these organizations. As soon as the back doors can be opened and the rats are allowed to leave, the faster things will change to include fewer gay struggles. What is more, the more rats that leave, the less credibility the remaining rats project.

The progressives would never suggest this strategy, since they would not play the protector-hero, but perhaps what needs to happen is for the LGBT (community and individual members) to find every way possible to join in and work with what are seen as the centers of bigotry. And I mean actually try to get to know each other. When Troy Perry instigated the Metropolitan Community in he early 70;s, he planned for it to eventually be a feeder to main line Christian churches. That is happening today.

Are gays struggling? Yes! Perhaps it is time to start struggling for something rather than always against something.

I think it very odd that even though you clearly disagree with old milo you still support him. Oh and your last line is incredibly condescending and more than a tad ignorant. People who have and do fight for gay rights are both fighting for and against something. The fact that you've cut the two up is no only odd but disingenuous.

I mean you not only support milo but trump, mike pence AND tony perkins. All the while attempting to raise troops against someone else. Ignoring every last thing those men have done to the lgbt community in general. This isn't even about making a choice of lesser evils or seeming more honorable or noble either since you completely refuse to acknowledge even an ounce of what these men have done, are doing and are likely to do.

No. This is about you making excuses for them simply so you have the chance to go after liberals. I don't know maybe a liberal somewhere pissed in your coffee or maybe a democrat cut in line but either way you are doing everything you can to ignore what has already happened with the people you support. Even going so far as to ignore the input of other gay or bisexual men whose experiences are directly tied to milo's glaringly obvious stupidity and agenda.

We keep being told what tyrants those ultraconservative republican, right wing religious bigots are. - You

No, you aren't being told. You are being shown. Theres a very large difference there. No one force good old milo to throw other gay people under the bus. No one forced him to support trump. And no one forced him to support mike pence and tony perkins. And the same goes for you. You are choosing everything you are currently saying and doing.

So in your rush not to be "owned" by a group you think thinks like that. You ran right smack dab into a group that actually does. To which i say to you personally. Good luck with that. Seriously, milo alone will continue to humiliate the living hell out of you and the more your support him, trump, mike pence and tony perkins the worse it'll get.

Really, this is a little off topic here but how can you logically and with a straight face scream about the horrors of muslim people killing gay people and still also say gay people don't struggle? That they aren't oppressed and that democrats and liberals are somehow making everything up so they can own the lgbt community? I mean thats a massively humiliating and hilarious contradiction in and of itself. This, before you even get into gay rights in general. I mean really, i'm not even gay and good old milo makes even me cringe with his stupidity.

dards44

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have not heard about Box 13 in San Diego, but that is way too far to drive. Here in TX we have several counties such as Webb and Duval where the vote count has a habit of regularly exceeding the voting population. Box 13 in Jim Wells County has a special place in history.
-----
The most famous person caught tampering with paper ballots was President Lyndon Johnson, who defeated the popular former Texas governor Coke Stevenson in the 1948 Democratic Senate primary. Johnson trailed Stevenson by 854 votes after the polls closed, but new ballots kept appearing. Various witnesses describe watching men altering the voter rolls and burning the ballots. Finally, when 202 new votes showed up (cast in alphabetical order), Johnson gained an 87-vote margin and was declared the winner. LBJ’s campaign manager at the time, John Connally, was publicly linked to the report of the suspicious and late 202 votes in Box 13from Jim Wells County. Connally denied any tie to vote f
Douglas W. Jones, a University of Iowa
We're talking about the same thing, the guy's name is/was Archer Parr. He ended up going to prison on a different matter. I have not lived down there for more than thirty years but it was a different world under the Patron system..

Reactions: 622675

I think it very odd that even though you clearly disagree with old milo you still support him. Oh and your last line is incredibly condescending and more than a tad ignorant. People who have and do fight for gay rights are both fighting for and against something. The fact that you've cut the two up is no only odd but disingenuous.

I mean you not only support milo but trump, mike pence AND tony perkins. All the while attempting to raise troops against someone else. Ignoring every last thing those men have done to the lgbt community in general. This isn't even about making a choice of lesser evils or seeming more honorable or noble either since you completely refuse to acknowledge even an ounce of what these men have done, are doing and are likely to do.

No. This is about you making excuses for them simply so you have the chance to go after liberals. I don't know maybe a liberal somewhere pissed in your coffee or maybe a democrat cut in line but either way you are doing everything you can to ignore what has already happened with the people you support. Even going so far as to ignore the input of other gay or bisexual men whose experiences are directly tied to milo's glaringly obvious stupidity and agenda.

We keep being told what tyrants those ultraconservative republican, right wing religious bigots are. - You

No, you aren't being told. You are being shown. Theres a very large difference there. No one force good old milo to throw other gay people under the bus. No one forced him to support trump. And no one forced him to support mike pence and tony perkins. And the same goes for you. You are choosing everything you are currently saying and doing.

So in your rush not to be "owned" by a group you think thinks like that. You ran right smack dab into a group that actually does. To which i say to you personally. Good luck with that. Seriously, milo alone will continue to humiliate the living hell out of you and the more your support him, trump, mike pence and tony perkins the worse it'll get.

Really, this is a little off topic here but how can you logically and with a straight face scream about the horrors of muslim people killing gay people and still also say gay people don't struggle? That they aren't oppressed and that democrats and liberals are somehow making everything up so they can own the lgbt community? I mean thats a massively humiliating and hilarious contradiction in and of itself. This, before you even get into gay rights in general. I mean really, i'm not even gay and good old milo makes even me cringe with his stupidity.

You just keep preaching that progressive agenda. Perhaps you can wave your arms in the air while blowing smoke and that will help keep us ignorant gays from leaving the plantation. So misguided!

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You just keep preaching that progressive agenda. Perhaps you can wave your arms in the air while blowing smoke and that will help keep us ignorant gays from leaving the plantation. So misguided!

You're speaking as if i'm endorsing hillary clinton or democrats in general. As if i'm telling you to. That i am not. Go ahead and keep making excuses for the anti-gay people you support, keep ignoring what they do and why, i'm sure it'll get you pretty far (sarcasm). Oh and plantation? You don't know the meaning of the word. The more you use it in that nonchalant context the more ignorant you seem in general.

So democrats are enslaving the lgbt community? Ha.

You're speaking as if i'm endorsing hillary clinton or democrats in general.

You raise an interesting point. You are correct; I really don’t know why you are energized about this topic. I have been commenting on this site for 6-7 years. In that time I have seen a number of posters pop up, pop off, then disappear. In many cases it was never clear why they were here.

So Crimsonlurke, why are you here. Your politics don’t seem to have any problems with Hillary. For the most part you are anti Trump. It is clear that you are not supporting Trump, or you would be suggesting how he could make better decision. Rather, your discussions appear to be cheer leading against Trump. There is no balanced concern with the progressive Hillary.

My voting record might surprise you as it is littered with democratic choices. But any clear thinker should have abundant evidence to recognize that Hillary is a gangster who is using her place in the Democratic Party to take power. This is not politics this is a doctorial takeover.

I have been gay all my life (so far) and plan to have it end that way. Dealing with bigots, bad politics, and folks who never learned to think for their self are constant roadblocks in what I would call gay actualization.

In an earlier post I stated (as a lifetime gay) what my objective is for gay and LGBT individuals is. Gays need to own their own place in our American culture. They should not be subservient to another groups political agenda.

Before we have any further discussions, what is your objective?

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You raise an interesting point. You are correct; I really don’t know why you are energized about this topic. I have been commenting on this site for 6-7 years. In that time I have seen a number of posters pop up, pop off, then disappear. In many cases it was never clear why they were here.

So Crimsonlurke, why are you here. Your politics don’t seem to have any problems with Hillary. For the most part you are anti Trump. It is clear that you are not supporting Trump, or you would be suggesting how he could make better decision. Rather, your discussions appear to be cheer leading against Trump. There is no balanced concern with the progressive Hillary.

My voting record might surprise you as it is littered with democratic choices. But any clear thinker should have abundant evidence to recognize that Hillary is a gangster who is using her place in the Democratic Party to take power. This is not politics this is a doctorial takeover.

I have been gay all my life (so far) and plan to have it end that way. Dealing with bigots, bad politics, and folks who never learned to think for their self are constant roadblocks in what I would call gay actualization.

In an earlier post I stated (as a lifetime gay) what my objective is for gay and LGBT individuals is. Gays need to own their own place in our American culture. They should not be subservient to another groups political agenda.

Before we have any further discussions, what is your objective?

So you think all of the entire lgbt community is subservient to a group with a political agenda? And you are and always have been gay? Doesn't that mean then, by your logic, that you personally have always been subservient to someone else? Doesn't that also mean you've never had your own place in america culture? Which all of that directly translates to you feeling you don't have any say in these matters? I wouldn't say that. I would say that everyone has a voice and all of those voices are important in one way shape form or another.

I would also not stereotype any group of people when theres a certain element of inherent makeup involved. You on the other hand have no problems with attempting to not only speak for all gay people but the entirety of the lgbt community. While supporting trump. Me. I haven't said who i support or why in this thread. Not yet. And when i choose to do so i will. The only reason i mentioned trump in this very particular thread was because he is supported by Milo Yiannopoulos, who is the same guy that said (and you disagreed with) gay people not only don't struggle but are somehow being fooled into thinking they are victims/targets/whatever by democrats and liberals. Meanwhile the guy he supports. The same guy you support. Hire mike pence as his vice presidential running mate.

The same guy that.....

As A Congressman, Mike Pence Campaigned Against Adding LGBT Protections To Hate Crime Legislation

And just in case you don't want to click the links.

1. Supporting a constitutional amendment to ban marriage equality
2. Signed a bill to jail same-sex couples for applying for a marriage license
3. Wanted to divert funding from HIV prevention to conversion therapy
4. Opposed repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell
5. Complained about the passage of the Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes bill
6. Served on the board of an antigay group
7. Argued that passing ENDA would ban Bibles from the workplace

That's trump's vp pick. Meaning by proxy not only does good old milo support this but you do too. And i'm pretty sure you'll attempt to ignore all of this as well. I mean you have to. Logically it doesn't fit that a gay man would support someone against gays. Thats like in direct contrast to self preservation. Really we're in evolutionary terms now. It's tantamount to say giving the broad end of a loaded shotgun a simulated blowjob.

So yeah you can call whoever you want whoever you want. Same with me. Difference is i've been backing up what i've been saying this whole entire time. You on the other hand....well you speak of evidence......and then produce nothing. I mean we aren't even talking clinton to begin with seeing as how milo has attached himself to trump who has attached himself to mike pence who has attached themselves to tony perkins. Thats about as a clear as it gets.

I will say this though. If you and good old milo had said you support trump but not mike pence or tony perkins that would have been a different kind of topic. As it stands your silence on all of this is deafening.

I don't know, maybe you're just worn out, tired or just getting there in age. Cause all of this information is readily available. Well ok that would mean you would have to search for it for one and two read it. Alright and then evaluate it as potentially useful information. By way of applying it to.......yeah well you still haven't done any of that. Guessing you probably won't either.

And yeah i'm sorry but your voting record wouldn't surprise me one bit. I'm guessing it would look like someone randomly threw darts at a phonebook? Or maybe put a bunch of pens on a quickly moving merry go round? Thats based solely on our interactions in this thread. And on how you've been so afraid you'll be manipulated that you actually cause it to happen. Just my guess, i could be wrong.

Auggiecakes

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's pretty clear to see that any group that has been or is currently oppressed will always struggle. Women struggle, POC struggle, Muslims, LGBTQ struggle. When innocent black men and women aren't killed by police, or a gay man beheaded, or women respected in the work force, that's when I'll say we don't struggle.

Reactions: Dave NoCal