Do gays hate women?

sudas: I've been trying to understand true male homosexuality (not just guys who like gay sex).  My understanding is that science has found two factors increasing the likelihood of being gay.  One is that there may be a gene passed on the maternal side (in this case the mother's brother may also gay).  The other is that a man who has older brothers may be gay, perhaps because of increased chemicals in the womb.  These aren't necessarily cause and effect.

As to my question, do gay men hate women?  I know that some gay men seem to get along with women.  But I've heard it said that a gay "secret" is that men have issues with their mother.  In the past (and perhaps currently) some men will marry women, even though they say they "felt gay" since a teenager.  Perhaps some will break up their marriage for better sex, just like straight men might do.  

It just seems exceptionally cruel for a man with a tendency towards being gay (such as the reasons above) to divorce his wife, who's his high school sweetheart, and the mother of his children, in order to pursue a gay lifestyle or relationship.  He must hate her. Need this always be the case?  

throb919: Not in the least. In my case, too.

(And I had a great relationship--and no issues--with my Mother.)

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't think so. I'm not gay, I'm bi (a "convinced bi"), but none of my gay friends hates women.

Tchaikowsky, the composer, loved his mother so much he never wanted to get in bed with any woman ! For him, that would have been an incest. It is one of the reasons Tchaikowsky had sex only with guys, all across Belle Epoque Europe of the 1840s-1880s. (He died in 1893.)

bartonside

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't hate women either - in fact, I have good friends who are female. Women don't feel threatened by a gay man either because they know he is not going to try to get them into bed. Physically, I like breasts (but only natural ones, not artificially enhanced) but don't at all fancy the sexual equipment.

mentatzps: I am gay, and I don't hate women. I like being with girls, go out and so, but not many seem to appreciate my company. I could also live with a girl, it's not a problem for me. The only thing which disgust me would be to have sexual relationships with a girl... ;)

baddog: To suggest that a man divorcing or leaving his wife because he can finally deal with the reality of his sexuality must really hate her is flawed. I was married and struggled to come to terms with my sexuality. I really loved my wife and still do. To have remained in a marraige with her would have been intensely cruel to me and to her.

I would suggest you ask the question why do some men hate women? Many men have sex with and marry women and hate them. The answer is of course complex and highly individual. Don't try to simplify it by suggesting it arises from sexual preference. I applaude your interest in understanding human sexuality. There is too much ignorance out there because people are afraid of the questions and the answers.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Perspective from a straight guy.

I've had many gay friends over the years and I must say that none of them could be called a woman hater.

But lets put a different lens in the scope: every lesbian I've known was, in varying degrees, a man hater.

I wonder how many of the latter are members of NOW? No wonder men just can't please that organization. :-/

Pecker

(Saddle Up the Stove, Honey, I'm Riding the Range Tonight)

throb919: Pecker--none of my many lesbian friends hate men. (Then again, we wouldn't likely be friends if they did.) Sure, there are some radical lesbian separatists...but there are also some (heterosexual) white supremicist separatists and some (heterosexual) move-to-Montana arm-themselves-to-the-tits neo-militia separatists and...

But that doesn't make me think all straight white people are racist overthrow-the-government gun-nuts.

That's a pretty broad brush to paint with.

throb919: On a lighter note...

Speaking for all gay men (and I'm authorized to do so--we took a vote at the last meeting), I can say:
We LOVE women: Cher, Madonna, Bette, sammygirly, AnonyMs, Nene, Judy, Liza, Trackers, Aussiechick63, Miss Patti (LaBelle), the Queen Mum, Dusty Springlfield, wvlady1968...

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Throb919 wrote:
We LOVE women: Cher, Madonna, Bette, sammygirly, AnonyMs, Nene, Judy, Liza, Trackers, Aussiechick63, Miss Patti (LaBelle), the Queen Mum, Dusty Springlfield, wvlady1968...

Oh, mais comme c'est chic tout ça ! Chic and stylish ! Good choices ! I subscribe ! :-* :-*

JeffS: I disagree with the last thing Sudas said. I don't think it's cruel for a gay man who married a woman (presumably as the result of society telling him he's "wrong" and in an attempt to "fix" himself) to leave his wife. A gay man married to woman and expected to perform all those "husbandly duties" would be miserable, and so would his wife.

However, I DO think it's cruel for a man who "feels gay" to marry a woman. Not just cruel to the woman, but also to himself. There's no good reason why anyone should put themself into a position where they will be miserable.

wvalady1968: But neither group would want to eat the other?

[Sorry! I never can resist a STRAIGHT line.]

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=throb919 link=board=relationships;num=1061335009;start=0#10 date=08/21/03 at 07:26:52]We LOVE women: Cher, Madonna, Bette, sammygirly, AnonyMs, Nene, Judy, Liza, Trackers, Aussiechick63, Miss Patti (LaBelle), the Queen Mum, Dusty Springlfield, wvlady1968...[/quote]

Trust me, we don't ALL love Madonna; I'm hoping for her to be hospitalised due to a mutant yeast infection. But Tony, you missed several: Mae, Diana, Eartha, Barbra, Gloria Gaynor, Tina, Marilyn and Marlene, among others. You mentioned 'Bette' ... I'm assuming you mean both Davis and Midler?

throb919: Yep, 2 Bettes for the price of one. And by "Diana" I assume you mean both Ross and the Princess of Wales. (Madonna wouldn't make my own personal list either, DMW, but y'know...same with the obligatory Judy. Although that could also be Tenuta.)

(...and by "Mae" I hope you mean not just West but Ellie, from the ce-ment pond.)

throb919:
Gays no more hate women than vegetarians hate animals.
Jonb! That is the perfect answer. Definitive. And when I use it again, I'll give you full credit. Was going to say "You have the last word" then along came Allie...!

But neither group would want to eat the other?
Missy, what did we do without you?! Glad we won't have to anymore...

sammygirly: Okies, my best friend is a gay man and I don't *think* he hates me....really....he loves me....*sniff*

wvalady1968: [quote author=throb919 link=board=relationships;num=1061335009;start=0#17 date=08/21/03 at 18:51:23]

Missy, what did we do without you?! Glad we won't have to anymore...[/quote]

*blush* What a great compliment!! Thanks!