Do I have a right to be upset over this?

D_BarryBunwarmer

Account Disabled
Media
I don't want people thinking that the only reason I was communicating with this guy was because of his money.

I was talking to him for hours a day, for over two weeks. I felt a real connection with him but NOT on a romantic or sexual level. And I made that clear to him that he is NOT my type. But I liked talking to him and I opened up to him like I haven't opened up to a lot of people and told him a lot of personal things about myself. Because I BELIEVED he was a nice guy and was telling me the truth.

And now I'm worried that he's some psycho who will hunt me down and try to ruin my life.

One smart thing I did was never tell him where I live and I lied to him and told him I don't have a cell phone. So he doesn't know how to contact me outside the internet, which he is now blocked from

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've been through something similar, with me not wanting to cause trouble and trying to be just friends.

If you want, we could gossip about it via PM. lol It's a long story. . .longer than yours (no. . .that didn't sound dirty).

OR click this link?:eek:

YouTube - Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

(note to NJ - no actual black people were REMOTELY involved in the production of THIS video!:biggrin1::biggrin1: - can you tell?:wink:)

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hanging with him for what he can give me? I wanted NOTHING from him!!! Can you read???

Oh yes. I can read the part where u describe him as old, fat & ugly. Then I read the part where u bragged about his wealth. Then I read the rest of your crap where u basically ripped apart his character.

So please remind me, what were you actually with him for?

:rolleyes:

D_BarryBunwarmer

Account Disabled
Media
Oh yes. I can read the part where u describe him as old, fat & ugly. Then I read the part where u bragged about his wealth. Then I read the rest of your crap where u basically ripped apart his character.

I bragged about his wealth??? No. I told that about him to set up how he told me he couldn't afford an iPod.

I wasn't asking HIM to buy ME an iPod. HE was going to buy HIMSELF one but then he said he couldn't afford it. Mr. Rides Around in the back of Limos can't afford an iPod?

THAT'S why I brought up his wealth. I never asked him for ONE CENT and wouldn't even accept him buying McDonalds for me.

The ONLY reason why I stayed in contact with him was because I liked talking to him and wanted to be friends. THAT...IS...IT

asshole

A little grace never hurt anyone... and that goes BOTH ways.

I think you did the right thing Kurtis. It's painful when we want to believe better of people only to discover they're not who we thought they were. Don't let the guilt eat at you. This guy has some serious self esteem and jealousy issues. He has how much money and can't afford an iPod? When you have the amount of money this guy needs to maintain the lifestyle he claims to have, buying an iPod ($500 at most) isn't an issue.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A little grace never hurt anyone... and that goes BOTH ways.

I think you did the right thing Kurtis. It's painful when we want to believe better of people only to discover they're not who we thought they were. Don't let the guilt eat at you. This guy has some serious self esteem and jealousy issues. He has how much money and can't afford an iPod? When you have the amount of money this guy needs to maintain the lifestyle he claims to have, buying an iPod ($500 at most) isn't an issue.

Nope, dont do grace. Dont do Naive either.

Sadly, you obviously do.

How disappointing.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
KT: the reason Xcuze is coming at you is because when you first started talking about this guy in your "dating issues, am I a bad person" thread, you did state clearly that you had no interest in this guy at all, but you wanted to go on the cruise he offered...

D_BarryBunwarmer

Account Disabled
Media
He has how much money and can't afford an iPod? When you have the amount of money this guy needs to maintain the lifestyle he claims to have, buying an iPod ($500 at most) isn't an issue.

I've come to the conclusion that the whole ipod thing was a lie. He knew from the beginning that I was good with computers and he played dumb. Saying "I don't know how to use Myspace. Will you come to my place and show me how?" and "I don't know how to use an iPod. Will you go shopping with me and come to my place and set it up for me?"

That's ALL I was going to be going to his place for tomorrow.

But how can someone who doesn't know how to set up a Myspace account have a Gay.com account?

He even faked not knowing how to send pics though IM. It took him a week before he'd send me a pic of himself because he said he couldn't figure out how to do it. Then I eventually teach him through chatting and later he tells me he didn't send me his pic because he doesn't like how he looks.

One lie after another with him. But I stupidly overlooked it

D_BarryBunwarmer

Account Disabled
Media
KT: the reason Xcuze is coming at you is because when you first started talking about this guy in your "dating issues, am I a bad person" thread, you did state clearly that you had no interest in this guy at all, but you wanted to go on the cruise he offered...

That was in our very first chat.

It started out with him telling me about his restaurants and all his nice things and I'm sitting there rolling my eyes thinking this would be our last chat. But then he offers the cruise to me and, I'm sorry, but I foolishly fell into it. So I continued talking to him and I found out that I actually DID like him and I liked talking to him. But after meeting him, I DID NOT want any type of sexual relationship and made that clear to him.

And I DID NOT want his money. Like I said, I wouldn't even let him buy me McDonalds

Last edited:

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

It started out with him telling me about his restaurants and all his nice things and I'm sitting there rolling my eyes thinking this would be our last chat. But then he offers the cruise to me and, I'm sorry, but I foolishly fell into it. So I continued talking to him and I found out that I actually DID like him and I liked talking to him. But after meeting him, I DID NOT want any type of sexual relationship and made that clear to him.

true, you didn't want a sexual relationship with him after the nasty kissing incident...that's not what's being disputed here...

the issue here is that you stated in this thread that you never wanted anything from him, when in fact you did...you wanted that cruise...

but it's ok...you realize now that you made a mistake by associating with this guy...

we all live & we learn...

D_BarryBunwarmer

Account Disabled
Media
true, you didn't want a sexual relationship with him after the nasty kissing incident...that's not what's being disputed here...

the issue here is that you stated in this thread that you never wanted anything from him, when in fact you did...you wanted that cruise...

but it's ok...you realize now that you made a mistake by associating with this guy...

we all live & we learn...

Ok, I did want the cruise but that's ancient history now even though it was only a couple weeks ago. I closed that chapter on my relationship with him and we agreed to start over fresh as friends only. And I never asked or hinted at me wanting him to buy me anything and I told him that I could not accept anything from him that went beyond a friendship level.

D_skeaflea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

And I DID NOT want his money. Like I said, I wouldn't even let him buy me McDonalds

I mean no offense to you Kurtis, but I believe that what you're going through is simply naivety. You told me that all of this dating stuff is new to you, and guys like the one you're dealing with thrive off of inexperienced guys like you; You're trying to be nice, but he sees you as being timid and stupid, so he's trying to take advantage of you.

People have to be used a lot before they learn how to stand up for themselves; It's a part of life, and every person on this planet goes through it. It's inevitable, so it's better to do it sooner rather than later. . .and with a bunch of support and advice available to you.

Ive never been an asshole to you.

You implied I need grace. I dont.

If I think someones spinning bull I will go at them.

You judged me first.

Calling someone naive, sad, and disappointing is really rude. You're right. You don't do grace at all.

And you judged Kurtis first with no more evidence in hand than what he said despite denying taking any money from this guy. You went out of your way to be condescending to both of us.