Do I have an STI/STD?

Boden

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey guys, First time poster, long time viewer etc..

Well, here's the thing..
Over the past week i've noticed the head of my penis had become rather pale with red patches on it.. The first few days it had little red dots on it and they where ichy as hell then over the past 2 days they seem to have died down but my penis is sore as well and it seems the top of my foreskin is having the same problem.. I don't quiet understand and I don't really want to go to a doctor about this as yet.

I keep it clean, wash in the shower everyday and what not and as far as I know, I haven't had unprotected sex (at all), as a matter of fact, I haven't had sex for awhile. But then again, who knows these days, you can get an STI or and 'STD' from a shopping trolley lol.

Any thoughts guys?

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, first off, if this persists you really should see the doctor regardless of what we come up with.

Anyway, have you been wanking off with soap or shampoo or something of the sort recently? Like in the shower, I suppose. Those kinds of products (detergents) tend to dry out the penis, cause it to flake and obviously cause irritation. Not sure if that's the issue with you, but it could be :confused:.

Boden

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hmm I'm not sure if it's flaking as such but yeah it defiantly is dried out, which is sooo frustrating.. I've been putting off wanking but you know how hard that is lol. But no, I haven't been using those sorts of things, I don't use any type of lube what-so-ever as I just don't need to. I will go and see a doctor, but I didn't want to just yet.

I was thinking, I had an operation the other day and there was discharge coming out of it when I was changing my bandage and maybe I touched it and then touched my penis but hm. Do you reckon that could of caused this as well? :confused:

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There are all sorts of possible reasons, anything from too much wanking to allergies to an infection. The only way to know for sure is to consult a qualified doctor. Good luck with it.

cal_uncut

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
sounds like eczema.
ask here:
itchy red spots on glans - Search - MedHelp

but do see a dermatologist.
Agreed. I had a similar situation which I just wrote about in this thread, Eczema on Penis? There are medicated lotions and other over-the-counter creams you can use. If those don't work, you can get prescription strength creams.

Discharge would be more indicative of an STD, but again, you'd need to see a doctor and have them run some tests.

drac

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It could even be something as simple as laundry detergent or fabric softener.

Boden

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It could even be something as simple as laundry detergent or fabric softener.

Nah.. been using the same brand for ages. It seems to b sweet now.. although its still sore 4 Me to pull my foreskin back cuz the skins dry. Any suggestions?