Do I have potential?

WeirdLabs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good stuff. I like it.

Very well put together song. Voice is good, and a nice soft vibrato there too.
It just needs some more training to get more power and depth. You are close to pro level, but not quite there yet. And I say; yet! Because there is so much potential here to work with.
Do NOT stop singing! :eek:)

D_Dr_Dickmento

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Of course you have potential! The song itself is not necessarily the type of music that I'd usually go out of my way to listen to, but it's definitely a good piece of music and you have a very pretty voice. I'd advise against looking to others for validation of your "dreams"; just go ahead and don't stop for anything/anyone! :)

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You absolutely have potential! The song is good, although the mix seems to overtake your voice once in awhile - but, it's still a nice song. You have a unique tone in your voice, which is really good, it makes you identifiable as a singer. As others have mentioned previously, strengthening your voice would be good for you. It may be expensive, but look at it as investing in your voice. Learning how to sing properly can save you a lot of pain later (nodes etc), as well as increase your range and warm up the depth of your tone.

If you're serious? Never give up. You just do what it takes and keep your eyes on it. You have talent. But that is never enough. You have work, work, work, work for it. Unless you land on American Idol, no one hands you a contract. Good luck!

luvguyz

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think u definetly have potential. The vocal melody in the verses is very similar to "One Sweet Day" by Boys II Men and Mariah Carey. Your song immediately made me think of that one.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I think u definetly have potential. The vocal melody in the verses is very similar to "One Sweet Day" by Boys II Men and Mariah Carey. Your song immediately made me think of that one.

Similar? It'd get him done for plagiarism if he had even the smallest success with it. Seriously I wasn't familiar with One Sweet Day because I dislike most of what Mariah Carey does, but I listened to both back to back and it's the same damn tune.

Yeah, OP, you have a nice enough voice (I don't like the song, but that's me - see above, I dislike Carey but that hasn't stopped her being a world famous recording artist) but you really need to really careful about presenting stuff as original when it isn't. That shit does not fly well.

fun21

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I listened to a few of your covers too, have you done No such thing by John Mayer? I'd love to hear you do that one!