Do it yourself Prince Albert!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by dolf250, Feb 14, 2007.

1. dolf250

dolf250 New Member

I needed a plate in what I think is the P/A pattern (though I am starting to think I have the pattern name wrong.) Anyhow, I saw a very reasonably priced way to get a Prince Albert piercing done.
    eBay: Prince Albert Body Piercing Kit CBR freehand PA (item 190081852947 end time Feb-17-07 18:50:09 PST)
    Just follow the link and for under two dollars American you are on your way to the penis of your dreams. If interested, he also has nipple piercing kits and nostril screw piercing kits priced in a very attractive manner.

Please, I need somebody to tell me that this is a VERY bad joke and that there really is not anybody dumb enough to mutilate themselves at home. After all, that should be left to the professionals.:biggrin1:

2. zgrog2000

zgrog2000 New Member

3. mindseye

Gold Member

Yikes.

Some folks are into DIY body piercing, but if you're going to give yourself a PA:

• 14 gauge is too thin for the initial jewelry; the thinner the gauge, the higher the chance of having it rip during sex (the analogy that a lot of piercers use is a wire cheese slicer).
    • A PA should be performed with a receiving tube. A receiving tube is, basically, a metal catheter that protects you from accidentally nicking the urethra in an unwanted place if you push the needle in at the wrong angle, or if your hand is at all shaky during the piercing. There's no receiving tube included in this kit.
    • The picture shows that the material is packaged in an autoclave bag, but the ad fails to state whether the material has actually been autoclaved. How sterile is this needle?
    • While the advertiser goes to great lengths to mention that the needle is made of "implant grade surgical stainless steel", there's no mention at all of what material was used in the jewelry. To me, that raises a red flag warning that the jewelry may be inferior in some way. (And the $1.89 "buy it now" price wouldn't cover the cost of quality jewelry.)

4. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I can see that turning out very badly after a bit of dutch courage bought on by ' Beer binge night'

5. No_Strings

Gold Member

It hurts just thinking about it

6. trufitjock

trufitjock Member

Albums:
    how much for the extra set of hands that would be needed???

7. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

The first things I thought of were almost exactly of mindseye's, I've read numerous things about the PA, and didn't see anything about including a receiving tube. That ring can't be the right thickness, among other things...
    Just better to spend the $90 to get it done professionally.

8. dolf250

dolf250 New Member

Well, it was a royal Albert pattern. Why did nobody here tell me?

I guess I should have guessed that there would be a number of people on this board who would be able to pinpoint my sense of discomfort with a $2.00 kit into more concrete terms and give specific reasons. I suppose that an incomplete kit, cheap jewelry and questions about the sterilization of the items included are better reasons to run than a “gut feeling.”

I looked at the guys feedback, and apparently he has around 5000 customers. I know my uncle pierced his ear at home in the 80's with a sewing needle. But your nose, nipples and even your (most prized) appendage?!? I would not only save the two dollars, but save the 90 and just skip it. I know- to each his own- but who would you ever trust to puncture your privates with a pin? A slip or an infection and you are looking at some serious repercussions. Perhaps a surgeon with an anesthesiologist on staff would have a chance at gaining my trust; a 30 year old fellow in the back room of a tattoo parlour or a trusted friend in my living room are not going to see me dropping my pants and handing them a needle.

9. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    Austin has more tattoo and piercing shops per capita than any other city in the world. I know more piercers than I can shake a stick at. They'd all agree that self piercing carries no problems.............if you know what you're doing.:rolleyes:

10. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

Agreed.

I don't think I could get a needle anywhere near my wickey-woo-wah, let alone pierce it myself.

11. buffbaldy

buffbaldy New Member

Albums:
    Did my own PA no pain and almost no blood healed up in one month. A little crazy but did mine with a jumbo paper clip, boy did the piercer get a laugh when I went to buy the jewlery!!

12. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Well skin is only about 1mm thick... but the sterility of anything being placed down the urethra is what makes me wonder. Then when you pierce it through, you are placing the bacteria right into the skin/wound. I would never in a million years have tried to pierce my own hood.. never...

13. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Take it fom me...go to a professional

14. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Babe, you have one of the best examples of a PA. I adore the large scale ones, and it looks amazing on you!

15. Wrey

Wrey New Member

In complete agreement, on all counts!:biggrin1:

16. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Wrey, yours is awesome too.. :p

17. mindseye

Gold Member

Like you said, to each his own. (I'm assuming that since we're talking about Prince Alberts, "to each his own" won't be viewed as sexist. ;) )

The APP is the leading professional organization for the certification of body piercers. Certification is a year-long process, and requires training in sterilization, cross-contamination, blood-borne pathogens, CPR, anatomy, hygiene, and other areas.

I'd be more trusting of a professional who'd been trained specifically in body piercing than of a general surgeon; much in the same way that I'd rather have my taxes done by an accountant than by someone who was just merely 'good with numbers'.

My PA was done by an APP-certified piercer, as were all of my body piercings after the first one.

Draft saved Draft deleted