Do long penises make more girl babies?

modest123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wouldn't exactly call this a "theory". More like a long-standing suspicion/notion/hunch that I've had. Of course I have a long penis and tend to have girls. Has anybody here also wondered if a deeper ejaculation (which does, of course, go hand in hand with a longer penis) increase the chances of a girl being conceived rather than a boy? Has anybody heard of any research into this? I want to point out that this supposed "long-penis = girls" phenomenon (if it exists) would only apply in relation to the length of the woman's vagina. So, if we had a population whose average penis length was relatively long, it might not matter if the average vagina was also long. So, before y'all attack me for "bad science", please note that I'm not claiming it as "science", just an idea I've entertained for quite some time.

jujube

Cherished Member
Media
There are all sorts of interesting correlations between parents' attributes and the sex of their children. Besides penis size, political preferences (Democrat vs. Republican, etc.) are also very strongly correlated with the sex of people's children; men who have more daughters are significantly more likely to be Democrat/liberal, whereas men who have more sons are significantly more likely to be Republican/conservative.

modest123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are all sorts of interesting correlations between parents' attributes and the sex of their children. Besides penis size, political preferences (Democrat vs. Republican, etc.) are also very strongly correlated with the sex of people's children; men who have more daughters are significantly more likely to be Democrat/liberal, whereas men who have more sons are significantly more likely to be Republican/conservative.

That's because liberals are all pussies! :biggrin1:

...and Rob, I wouldn't even call it a hypothesis because a hypothesis involves a (presumably) serious proposition. Mine is partly serious but also leaning toward jest. But hey, I'm flattered you'd dignify my crazy idea as a "hypothesis".

oakwood

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I read a long time ago an article about how you can choose the sex of your baby using natural ways. It said that eating certain things you can do it. But also that a longer penis raises the chances to have a girl. As the theory goes, strong sperm cells cause boys. As in humans, boys are stronger, sperm cells behave the same. So a short penis means sperm cells travel longer to the uterus and only the strongest ones make it, the ones to have a boy.

Tha article was in a serious newspaper but not Nature and I don't know how much science there is when you want to choose sex naturally. Lately there is a theory, bigger picture, that Mother Nature regulates the percentage boys/girls depending if society has harsh conditions (more boys) or not.

From my point of view, I don't believe that if you have a longer penis you got more chances to have a girl. Maybe I will think twice when I have a baby.

jujube

Cherished Member
Media
Consider these data about the sex ratio at birth in various countries around the world:
Sex Ratios - Males per Females Country Comparison Table - Yahoo! Education

The lower the number in the first column of numbers from the left, the lesser the number of boys that are born relative to the number of girls; the higher the number in the first column of numbers from the left, the greater the number of boys are born relative to the number of girls.

The twenty countries or autonomous territories with the lowest sex ratios at birth (i.e. the least number of boys relative to the number of girls) are Grenada, Faroe Islands, Liechtenstein, Barbados, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Kenya, Martinique, Mauritius, The Bahamas, South Africa, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Greenland, Anguilla, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, and Haiti. Most of these countries are either located in Africa or consist of Caribbean islands that have Black majority populations.

The twenty countries or autonomous territories with the highest sex ratios at birth (i.e. the greatest number of boys relative to the number of girls) are Armenia, Georgia, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Albania, San Marino, Vietnam, Singapore, Serbia and Montenegro, Macedonia, South Korea, Jersey, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Venezuela, Tunisia, Spain, Slovenia, Saint Lucia, and Portugal. Nearly all these countries are located in eastern Asia, the Caucasus, or southern Europe.

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Consider these data about the sex ratio at birth in various countries around the world:
Sex Ratios - Males per Females Country Comparison Table - Yahoo! Education

The lower the number in the first column of numbers from the left, the lesser the number of boys that are born relative to the number of girls; the higher the number in the first column of numbers from the left, the greater the number of boys are born relative to the number of girls.

The twenty countries or autonomous territories with the lowest sex ratios at birth (i.e. the least number of boys relative to the number of girls) are Grenada, Faroe Islands, Liechtenstein, Barbados, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Kenya, Martinique, Mauritius, The Bahamas, South Africa, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Greenland, Anguilla, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, and Haiti. Most of these countries are either located in Africa or consist of Caribbean islands that have Black majority populations.

The twenty countries or autonomous territories with the highest sex ratios at birth (i.e. the greatest number of boys relative to the number of girls) are Armenia, Georgia, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Albania, San Marino, Vietnam, Singapore, Serbia and Montenegro, Macedonia, South Korea, Jersey, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Venezuela, Tunisia, Spain, Slovenia, Saint Lucia, and Portugal. Nearly all these countries are located in eastern Asia, the Caucasus, or southern Europe.

That's all well and good but where is the correlation to penis length.....I mean other than your assumptions.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I'd say the length of a penis means more boys if you're longer.

The male y sperm does not swim as well as the x sperm. But at that microscopic point of view, it weights less and can move a bit faster. If it is put directly in the pathway of the egg. it becomes a Boy.

I got long, I got boys. This family has long, and only one grandaughter my mother has. Of fifteen.

jujube

Cherished Member
Media
I'd say the length of a penis means more boys if you're longer.

The male y sperm does not swim as well as the x sperm. But at that microscopic point of view, it weights less and can move a bit faster. If it is put directly in the pathway of the egg. it becomes a Boy.

I got long, I got boys. This family has long, and only one grandaughter my mother has. Of fifteen.
If male (Y-chromosome-bearing) sperm are lighter and can move more quickly than female (X-chromosome-bearing) sperm, then a greater distance between the site of semen deposition and the location of the oocyte that is to be fertilized (which could be caused by, for example, a shorter penis) should give the lighter, more motile male sperm an advantage. A shorter distance between the site of semen deposition and the location of the oocyte (which could be the result of, for example, a longer penis) should give the heavier, less motile female sperm an advantage.

Last edited:

CascadeMDG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If male (Y-chromosome-bearing) sperm are lighter and can move more quickly than female (X-chromosome-bearing) sperm, then a greater distance between the site of semen deposition and the location of the oocyte that is to be fertilized (which could be caused by, for example, a shorter penis) should give the lighter, more motile male sperm an advantage. A shorter distance between the site of semen deposition and the location of the oocyte (which could be the result of, for example, a longer penis) should give the heavier, less motile female sperm an advantage.

That doesn't make any sense.
For the sake of discussion let's say that sperm bearing Y-chromosomes are lighter and move at 0.25 inches per minute. Sperm bearing X-chromosomes are heavier and move a little slower, at 0.20 inches per minute.
For the sake of discussion, let's say the egg to be fertilized lies 10 inches past the point of penile insertion.
If the sperm are deposited by a 5" penis, that leaves 5" that the sperm need to travel. "Y" sperm will cross that 5-inch distance in 20 minutes. "X" sperm will cross the same distance in 25 minutes.
If the sperm are deposited by a 9" penis, that leaves 1" that the sperm need to travel. "Y" sperm will cross that distance in 4 minutes. "X" sperm will cross that distance in 5 minutes.

In other words, it doesn't matter how far in the sperm is deposited. Faster sperm move faster than slower sperm.

jujube

Cherished Member
Media
In other words, it doesn't matter how far in the sperm is deposited. Faster sperm move faster than slower sperm.
On average, the human sex ratio at birth is biased toward males. In other words, more boys are born than girls. This would not conflict with the hypothesis that Y-chromosome-bearing sperm are lighter and more motile than X-chromosome-bearing sperm, and therefore that a Y-chromosome-bearing sperm has an overall slightly better chance of fertilizing an oocyte than an X-chromosome-bearing sperm. Obviously, a consistently faster sperm will cover a short distance in a shorter span of time than a consistenly slower sperm, just as a consistenly faster sperm will cover a long distance in a shorter span of time than a consistently slower sperm, but if the difference in speed of the Y-chromosome-bearing sperm and the X-chromosome-bearing sperm is very slight and not constant, but rather probabilistic (i.e. the Y-chromosome-bearing sperm tend to be moving with slightly greater velocity more often than the converse), then the X-chromosome-bearing sperm that have to travel a shorter distance will fare better on average relative to their Y-chromosome-bearing competition than the X-chromosome-bearing sperm that have to travel a longer distance will fare relative to their Y-chromosome-bearing competition. The fitness gap between the Y sperm and the X sperm should widen all the more as the distance between site of semen deposition and location of the oocyte increases, regardless of the fact that the more motile Y-chromosome-bearing sperm have some degree of advantage in any case.

I also have heard that there should be some relevant "environmental" factors; once a sperm has passed the cervix and entered the uterus, it is moved along mostly by some reflexive motions of the cells lining the uterine wall, and not so much by the power of its own flagellum. The pH and other chemical characteristics also differ along the length of the female reproductive tract.

Last edited:

brockli

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
That is ridiculous. If someone has a long penis it does not determine the sex of your child. My dad had my brother and I and now we have long penis'. haha But a female carries two (xx) chromosomes and the male (who determines the sex of offspring) carries an (xy) or (xx).

(xx): Female
(xy): Male

jujube

Cherished Member
Media
If someone has a long penis it does not determine the sex of your child.
The length of the penis does not determine the sex of a child; the karyotype of the spermatozoon that fertilizes the oocyte at the point of conception determines the sex of a child. However, several theories have been proposed that would correlate the length of the penis with the average rate of conception of a child of one sex or the other (or, in other words, the probability of conceiving a child of one sex or the other).

But a female carries two (xx) chromosomes and the male (who determines the sex of offspring) carries an (xy) or (xx).

(xx): Female
(xy): Male
A normal male carries one X-chromosome and one Y-chromosome in each of his somatic cells. Each spermatozoon produced by a male's testes contains either one X-chromosome or one Y-chromosome. If a spermatozoon that contains an X-chromosome fertilizes a woman's oocyte, then the embryo that develops from the resulting ovum will have an XX karyotype and be female. If a spermatozoon that contains a Y-chromosome fertilizes a woman's oocyte, then the embryo that develops from the resulting ovum will have an XY karyotype and be male.