Do long term monogamous relationships work between gay/bisexual men?

rrkrd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Can a man who sees himself as totally bisexual commit to a monogamous long time relationship with a gay man?

I have been dating a bisexual man for 6 months in what I thought was a fulfilling loving sexual monogamous relationship. I thought this time it was the sure thing and he has said the same thing.

He recently told me he is torn between me and his ex girl friend and I have reason to believe he may be sleeping with both of us.

I have told him to choose who he wants to be with but he says it isnt that easy for him as he has feelings for both of us and that I dont understand what it is like to be bisexual?

So I ask... have you as a gay man been in this situation? Do I have a hope in hell that someday he might decide? Do gay/bi relationships work?

D

deleted3782

I think monogamy and sexual preference are unrelated. Physical feelings and sexual actions might differ from men to women, but I'd like to think love and commitment are of their own class.

kingmicah

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Of course it is attainable. People these days are just so odd to me, everything becomes so complicated or delicate. If you want to have a monogamous relationship with the man you love, gay, bisexual, what have you, you should have it, and it should be fairly easy.

If this person isn't willing to give you what you want or deserve, someone out there will :]

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Though I'm not a gay or bisexual man, and I'm not in a relationship with either, I am a bisexual woman in a monogamous marriage with a straight man, and we've been together for 10 years.

In a relationship where you both have the same preference, finding a partner does not change the fact that you will find others attractive, but that doesn't mean you go cheat, or have to keep changing partners between blondes and red heads... It's the same for me, I'm not missing anything by being with my husband, I don't spend my nights longing to be with a woman just because I happen to be attracted to them.

Bisexuality does not make you a cheater. Wanting to have your cake and eat it does.

travis7

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Leave now.. If he is not sure.. He will play later... No matter who he chooses..