Do men need women?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Drifterwood, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Drifterwood

Gold Member

I remember growing up hearing my Aunt generation saying things like "he just needs a good woman". They presumed that men just couldn't manage themselves in the world without a wife.

Does this attitude linger on? Did you hear this from your mothers or grandmothers?

2. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Men are perfectly capable and able to look after themselves without a woman - good or otherwise.
    Just like a grown, mature man is perfectly capable of getting his shit together and doesn't need the guiding hand of a woman to make it happen.
    No amount of feminine intervention will turn a fuckwit into prince charming if he doesn't want to be.

3. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    In my second half century I amend to-- he just needs to be loved. Or she.

4. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I wouldn't make it about gender. I think that love can make a someone a better person. When I am in love, I feel like the desire to be the person he deserves to be with inspires me to be a better person.

5. mexdude

mexdude New Member

Albums:
    I function a lot better with female motivation, in my case its true

6. FeroxFemina

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

^ Agree 110%!! :tongue:

7. wallyj84

Gold Member

I don't think so. I honestly don't see why having a woman would make any men a better person or straighten them out in any way.

I mean, except for their penis. That would get straightened. If you know what I mean. [pervert]hehehe[/pervert]

For those who don't know, I mean that those men would get an erection due to being aroused by their female partner. This would then lead to sexual intercourse. Ifyou know I mean. [pervert]hehehe[/pervert]

For those who don't know, by sexual intercourse I am referring to vaginal penetration by the male phallus. The male will then move his penis in a rhythmic fashion, hopefully, creating pleasurable feelings for his partner and himself, possibly leading to an orgasm for one or both parties. If you know what I mean. [pervert]hehehe[/pervert]

8. curious_angel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've heard this view expressed and if there's any truth in it, then I'd quite like a wife of my own. :tongue:

In terms of gender differences and ability to manage the affairs of others, there is certainly a difference in business. The majority of personal assistant roles are undertaken by women, while senior exec roles are overwhelmingly male. Of course, this could be because the senior guys tend to recruit women to be their PA's, or is it an innate difference in the organisational skills of the sexes? In reality it's far more complex.

So Drifter, do you have a PA? I have a decent rack and my bum is quite peachy. Do I qualify?

9. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Interesting. No I don't have a PA. I used to, but I didn't like the arrangement, I suppose I just like to organise myself.

I'm sure I'd be nailed to a cross by my nuts if those were my person spec requirements. You wouldn't want to see that would you? :smile:

10. Kotchanski

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I think some men benefit greatly from having a partner of any gender to share their lives with to the point of possibly needing one, I don't believe this is true for the majority however...

My husband is the perfect example of someone who needs another person in his life:

The alarm goes off, and no matter what the volume, he simply can't get out of bed unless I make him.

He can't for the life of him remember where he left his shoes, watch, wallet, phone, keys, mp3 player when he's getting ready for work and appears to have some form of "item blindness" that allows him to walk passed them time and time again without seeing them himself.

Sure, he can feed himself, do his own washing and all those normal things, but without someone there to make sure he keeps appointments, doesn't sleep through his alarm and tell him where his bloody shoes are... He'd be screwed.

11. curious_angel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Luckily, I don't have nuts so I'm not worried about the cross. The nailing sounds interesting.

I'm recruiting a PA and you appear to have a lot of the qualities I'm looking for. The pay's not so good but the perks are plentiful. Interested?

12. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Do I get a uniform?

13. D_Winthrop Woodcock

D_Winthrop Woodcock Account Disabled

True...
    guess it varies from person to person... cant really generalize it!

14. luka82

Gold Member

Exactly, Petite! :cool:

15. yongdo

yongdo New Member

Albums:
    I feel men need women.

I'm not so sure the obverse is true. Women don't NEED men.

16. docilej

docilej Member

Of course men need women. That's why the divorce rate is so low in this country. -cough-

17. yongdo

yongdo New Member

Albums:
    I really wonder the statistics of which sex seeks divorce. In my experience it is usually the female that breaks it off with the male.

18. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Nope. We just need a decent battery recharger and a weekly lawn mowing service.<--I had to throw that in because I hate mowing the lawn.

19. mako shark

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Not to cook, sew, or clean for me...but they are kind of fun to have around... :biggrin1:

20. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Men don't need us as long as they have ewe.

Draft saved Draft deleted